Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Made it through the first 4 weeks OP. Results thus far:

First 4-5 days - feeling Gawd awful - Got over it

First week - 15 pounds gone

Second week - Zip, Zero, Zilch, Nada - panic and join the forum

Third week - 20 pounds gone -poof - clothes fitting better - people noticing

Week four - No pounds lost - according to my crappy home scale - but more importantly no pounds gained. More inches gone - but wondering why it's off my butt - pants aren't fitting right by any means
I no longer need to take my acid reflux medication. Total weight loss for month one 35 pounds.

Things learned - I can do this - My life won't end if I don't have sugar or carbs - it took many years to build up to this weight so it's not going to come off in a blink of an eye - I am learning that my body seems to respond on a two week loss cycle, nothing week one and then a loss in the second week.

That's it, that's all. Have a good day all.
That nearly exactly describes my pattern. I just keep seeing small losses at each WI, and I take them. I've been able to fit into clothes I haven't worn in years, and I'll take that too.

Have a good day, too!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 183/154/140

Hi All,

I had a day yesterday that went down the tubes, but could have been avoided. I got busy with dr. appointments, kids, shopping, tutoring, and driving.

The short version of the story is that I did not eat virtually all day, and wound up with a girl scout cookie in my hands. And I'm ashamed to say I ate it. I was sad, tired, overwhelmed, and looking for an excuse.

But, I'm just going to get it back together, and keep going because the only bad thing that can come of it would be quitting altogether. And that really isn't a choice I'm willing to make.

Thanks as always for the great support...
Old 03-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #18  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Just read a blog entry in the Clean eating by Dr. Junger talking about the cycle of emotional eating.

First the trigger (event or cause to push us, stress), cover up-using food to mask the emotions from trigger, false bliss- the way the foods make us feel (good), hangover - guilt, feeling bad from putting yuck in body. Break the cycle! Awareness-address the issues-build a toolbox of health habits.....

http://blog.cleanprogram.com/cycle-o...-eating/#video
Old 03-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Ketosis keeps you up at night? That explains ALOT!!!!! Lol.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #20  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Week four - No pounds lost - according to my crappy home scale - but more importantly no pounds gained. More inches gone - but wondering why it's off my butt - pants aren't fitting right by any means
I no longer need to take my acid reflux medication. Total weight loss for month one 35 pounds.

Things learned - I can do this - My life won't end if I don't have sugar or carbs - it took many years to build up to this weight so it's not going to come off in a blink of an eye - I am learning that my body seems to respond on a two week loss cycle, nothing week one and then a loss in the second week.

You need to change your user name to IP Superman. 35 lbs in 4 weeks is fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbarot View Post
I am ecstatic. I had my WI today (a day early due to State basketball games tomorrow) I lost 3.2 lbs this past week. That's a total of 11 lbs in 3 weeks. I am finally in the 170's.....BRAVO!!!
Great WI!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #21  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlooNimbus13127 View Post
Hi All,

I had a day yesterday that went down the tubes, but could have been avoided. I got busy with dr. appointments, kids, shopping, tutoring, and driving.

The short version of the story is that I did not eat virtually all day, and wound up with a girl scout cookie in my hands. And I'm ashamed to say I ate it. I was sad, tired, overwhelmed, and looking for an excuse.

But, I'm just going to get it back together, and keep going because the only bad thing that can come of it would be quitting altogether. And that really isn't a choice I'm willing to make.

Thanks as always for the great support...
Sorry you had such a busy day and succumbed to the 'cookie monster'... but glad that you're feeling strong today and 'getting back on the horse' so-to-speak. Your situation yesterday is a prime example of why we recommend dieters keep a 'Safety Kit' on them when they know they're going to be 'out and about'... maybe a RTD and a bar... a packet of WF salad dressing... a few packets of stevia... maybe a couple of individual sized tubes of water flavoring... a baggie with some sea salt... a bottle of water. Doing this saved me several times over the past months. Whatever you think might be useful 'in a pinch'. Treat the experience as a lesson, and move forward. You'll know better next time.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #22  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Quote:
Not a problem IP43 At least I don't have to worry about TOM.
I'm not so sure about that Spiritman, IP does reek havoc with your hormones.

One time I was trying to decide something in regards to home decor. Husband gave his opinion, which was great, and I told him so. He walked away muttering, "I have to go watch sports now!!"
Old 03-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
I'm not so sure about that Spiritman, IP does reek havoc with your hormones.

One time I was trying to decide something in regards to home decor. Husband gave his opinion, which was great, and I told him so. He walked away muttering, "I have to go watch sports now!!"
That's all I need to happen. Male menstration was definitely not covered in any brochure information I read about IP.

I can just imagine that conversation with my wife "The tampon has gotta go where?!?!?!"
Old 03-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #24  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post
I have been reacting to Ketosis by going to sleep but waking at 5 am ready to go. I have not needed 8 hours, 6 -7 seems enough.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #25  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Sorry you had such a busy day and succumbed to the 'cookie monster'... but glad that you're feeling strong today and 'getting back on the horse' so-to-speak. Your situation yesterday is a prime example of why we recommend dieters keep a 'Safety Kit' on them when they know they're going to be 'out and about'... maybe a RTD and a bar... a packet of WF salad dressing... a few packets of stevia... maybe a couple of individual sized tubes of water flavoring... a baggie with some sea salt... a bottle of water. Doing this saved me several times over the past months. Whatever you think might be useful 'in a pinch'. Treat the experience as a lesson, and move forward. You'll know better next time.
I just clicked over to your blog -- I love it! I felt myself "settling in" for a long winter's read, but I have a million things to do today. My reward for getting them all done -- sitting down with a nice big bottle of water (oh yeah!) and reading more of your blog. This looks like just what I have been looking for. Thanks so much!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #26  
Started IP 7/9/12

Quote:
That's all I need to happen. Male menstration was definitely not covered in any brochure information I read about IP.

I can just imagine that conversation with my wife "The tampon has gotta go where?!?!?!"
Old 03-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #27  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

I thought there was a restaurant thread, but I couldn't find it in the forum search (but forum search has been returning 0 on all my searches lately).

I'm wondering if the following menu choice would be a good IP choice for Chipotle?
  • salad
  • chicken (do you think the steak would be ok?)
  • green tomatillo salsa (medium salsa)

I would skip the peppers due to the oil in the saute and substitute the salsa for dressing. In this case, my 2 c. veggies would be the lettuce (unless you think the peppers -without onions- would be ok to get, but I'm worried about the amount of oil).

From the vague ingredient list, there isn't mention of sugar in any of the above. The chicken is marinated in adobo sauce. But of course there is no guarantee.

What do you think?
I want this but am not tempted to cheat, so if you guys think no, I'll try to find something else. This was an overslept, not prepared day. I'll be buying some extra packets at my appointment tonight (1st weigh in) so I can have an emergency stash in the future.

Thanks so much!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #28  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:

That is so fantastic! Yes, I lost what little butt I had to begin with, and it sounds like you are losing like me. One week nothing, next week WHOOSH. Been doing that for the last 6 weeks or so.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #29  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post
Yes, but it doesn't last forever. It hit me about week 2 and for about a week I was a zombie, unable to sleep, but sooo tired during the day. I even took some sleeping pills by day 4 because I have to drive here and there and felt unsafe so tired behind the wheel.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #30  
Started IP 7/9/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl05 View Post
I thought there was a restaurant thread, but I couldn't find it in the forum search (but forum search has been returning 0 on all my searches lately).

I'm wondering if the following menu choice would be a good IP choice for Chipotle?
  • salad
  • chicken (do you think the steak would be ok?)
  • green tomatillo salsa (medium salsa)

I would skip the peppers due to the oil in the saute and substitute the salsa for dressing. In this case, my 2 c. veggies would be the lettuce (unless you think the peppers -without onions- would be ok to get, but I'm worried about the amount of oil).

From the vague ingredient list, there isn't mention of sugar in any of the above. The chicken is marinated in adobo sauce. But of course there is no guarantee.

What do you think?
I want this but am not tempted to cheat, so if you guys think no, I'll try to find something else. This was an overslept, not prepared day. I'll be buying some extra packets at my appointment tonight (1st weigh in) so I can have an emergency stash in the future.

Thanks so much!
That looks like a good option. I've had a burrito bowl there before too.
Closed Thread