IP Daily Chat Thursday 3/14/2013

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Good afternoon fellow IPer's!! Had a stroke of genius this morning, as I was agonizing over how to pay for my IP food. I'm going to donate plasma. This made me wonder if any of you have donated while on IP. It shouldn't, but I want to make sure before I go through the process, does this diet affect ones eligibility to donate plasma? Thanks, and have a wonderful IP day!!
  • So we cannot have tofu Shirtaki noodles? They are 1 net carb. Boo I wanted some in my stirfry....

**Forgot to mention I had weigh in #2 today. Down 3.4. That's 12.4lb total in 2 weeks
  • Quote: So we cannot have tofu Shirtaki noodles? They are 1 net carb. Boo I wanted some in my stirfry....
    You can't have the tofu shirataki noodles - but you can have Miracle noodles or NoOodles. They are made with plant fiber and are zero carb in one serving.
  • hey Scorbett- Are they about the same in taste/texture etc. The shirataki are the only ones I can find locally. I guess my question was.... if people know to 'add' a couple of carbs to their intake based on maybe a extra serving(s) of sweeteners or 0/0/0 that make it in under 1 carb. Why would these be so bad to have?

* Oh and at my weigh in I bought some crispy cereal I wanna try the pancakes. So if anyone knows a fool proof way to make them PLEASE let me know. I tried a mug cake with one of my IP choc drink packets...it was a disaster. Ended up looking like a choc omlet.
  • this is how I make the pancakes with Crispy Cereal

Crispy Cereal Pancakes
    IP Non-Restricted Pancakes

Ingredients:

1 pkg IP Crispy Cereal, crunched up
    2 egg whites or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp vanilla
    Cinnamon & Nutmeg, to taste (I do not like the nutmeg in mine)

Directions:

Mix together in small bowl the following; egg whites, 1/4 tsp vanilla

Add in to cereal pkg the following; 1/4 tsp baking powder, cinnamon & nutmeg

Pour dry mix in to egg white mixture and combine. (some recipes I have seen call for a little water, I have never used any)

Cook in pan as you would pancakes.

Serve with Walden Farms Syrup, enjoy!
  • Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to making them.
  • Wi today down 1lb. Hope everyone had a great day.
  • Quote: hey Scorbett- Are they about the same in taste/texture etc. The shirataki are the only ones I can find locally. I guess my question was.... if people know to 'add' a couple of carbs to their intake based on maybe a extra serving(s) of sweeteners or 0/0/0 that make it in under 1 carb. Why would these be so bad to have?

* Oh and at my weigh in I bought some crispy cereal I wanna try the pancakes. So if anyone knows a fool proof way to make them PLEASE let me know. I tried a mug cake with one of my IP choc drink packets...it was a disaster. Ended up looking like a choc omlet.
    I use the shirataki when I can't find the 0/0/0 ones... My local Asian market changes them up now and then... I just eat lower carb IP foods that day. It has not affected my weight loss, and in fact I find the high fiber good for...moving things along. I don't eat them everyday, mind you, but the ones I get are 20 cal per serving, 1 net carb. They are considerably cheaper than Miracle Noodle, which I have to buy online. If you are near a big city, and have any Asian markets, try there.

The best ones I can find most often at the Asian market are Shirakiku brand "shirataki style" konjac noodles. 10 cal per serving, 5 carbs, 5 fiber, so 0carbs. And a serving is 2/3 of a 8oz package.

And to answer the other question... The non-tofu kind are a bit chewier than the ones with tofu.
  • Hi everybody,
    I just got back from WI and am down 3.6 pounds. Now at 31 pounds gone!!! My coach is great and really listened to all the struggles I have had. I have not cheated, but have not been drinking my water, not taking my vitamins, not eating enough vegies... We are seriously talking about phasing out this month. I did not know you can still lose weight on phase 4!
    Anyway I am feeling motivated again and this is a good thing!!!
  • Quote: I am ecstatic. I had my WI today (a day early due to State basketball games tomorrow) I lost 3.2 lbs this past week. That's a total of 11 lbs in 3 weeks. I am finally in the 170's.....BRAVO!!!
    Me too!!! It is great isn't it!
  • Quote: I CANNOT stay warm...is this another lovely side affect of releasing fat?
    Me either!!! I can actually wear sweaters again, I use to be hot all the time.
  • Yes, just be careful with the serving sizes of the shirataki noodles.

I believe Miracle Noodles brand contains 3 servings per bag and The NooOdle Company contains 5 servings per bag.
  • Oh my gosh! First weigh-in rocked! Down 5 Pounds! Never thought it was possible. YAHOO!!!
  • Quote: Oh my gosh! First weigh-in rocked! Down 5 Pounds! Never thought it was possible. YAHOO!!!
    Excellent..congrats!
  • Just had my 4th WI. -3lbs
    My measurements in one month have changed a lot,
    1" off neck, 3" off chest , 2" off thorax, 4" off waist, 3" off hips, 1.5" off thigh.
    I'm so impressed with the results and how I'm feeling.