Old 03-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Cool Chin up, chest out :)

I've heard a thousand times that weight loss is a lot easier to do once "you get your mind right." So what uplifts you, gives you encouragement or a little something that keeps you going?
For me I LOVE music it! It immediately switches my mood (in either a good or bad direction lol). So I'm going to make a little uplifting playlist on my Ipod as a 'go to' antidepressant . I listen to many different genres and love and appreciate them all. Anybody else a music lover??

Right now I'm in love with this song. Picks me up when I need it! Maybe if someone needs a boost today it will help them too!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jukv9Q1eR2g
TNmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #2  
IP start date 2/4/13

Height: 5'10"

Yes, I am not going to lie, I have loved me some Britney Spears since 1998. I own her entire discography on my iPod, even the unreleased songs. I dance all around the house to her music as I was an avid hip hop dancer in my high school years professionally. I even have her tattoo on my bikini line where she does. I named my new puppy Britney Spears. I am a crazy fan.

Otherwise I kick it on Pandora to Skrillex radio because I am infatuated with dubstep and have been before people knew what it was back in the 90's when it was underground.You can't not dance to dubstep.

Also, this video inspires me that there is NOTHING I can't do if Team Hoyt can do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy8hOOvM0t0

Last edited by SFNinerGirl; 03-13-2013 at 10:26 PM.
SFNinerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #3  

Oh dear Lord, I've watched that before. Waterworks!

**May you surround yourself with positivity**
Old 03-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #4  

Maybe we have some dancers out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0SqzHl5SR0
Old 03-14-2013, 12:41 AM   #5  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Thanks for the posts. I've now laughed and cried and danced around in the last 10 minutes. Time for bed. Gonna make sure I hug my kids tomorrow after that Team Hoyt video.
Thanks for some great inspiration.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #6  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Both links are great. OMG Team Hoyt....I cried. What an amazing father and inspiration.
workingit50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #7  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Someone once showed me a picture of that father pushing his son's wheelchair into a stadium at the end of a marathon, and suggested that God is like that father and we are like that son. It sure gave me something to think about.
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #8  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5

I know this time is different for me and here is the conclusion I have come to. If I knew someone that was doing the same thing repeatedly that hurt them, I would think they were crazy! All the while, I was doing the EXACT same thing to myself with food, carbs in particular. I've decided now is the time when I can control one thing in my life, my weight, and be proud of that. I know right now I can't handle carbs in moderation, so that means I can't have them at all. They will still be around when I'm living a healthy lifestyle and can enjoy them in a balanced diet.

I've also read on here that a lot of people set mini goals with rewards. Personally, mine is going to be buying a pair of shoes for every 5 pounds I'm down. I can't explain it, but I'm just in it to win it this time. I've come to the point where I'm so sick of wanting to do this and not actually just doing it!

I hope that helped a little... That's my take.
shoediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #9  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

I do believe what works for me was to commit to losing weight and wrap my head around it.
The mind is powerful thing it can keep people bound to something that happen in their past in their childhood and prevents them from moving forward.
Or your mind can let you deal with a horrendous tragedy and channel all that pain into something enriching and life altering.

I work on daily basis keeping my head in the game.
I have to deal with problems and struggles just like everyone else does but I refuse to let anyone or anything side track my Joy for life and how blessed I am.
There is never going to be a another chance to relive this day,life is not promised to anyone.... For me to allow myself to be in a funk ..when there are people who are trapped inside a body that doesn't work for them and losing their cognitive abilities... I would be ashamed not to use the gifts I have been blessed with.
So yes this diet thing I got it. I have my own back!

Dream it! Claim it! Achieve it !

Roo2: cupgold:
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo2 View Post
I do believe what works for me was to commit to losing weight and wrap my head around it.
The mind is powerful thing it can keep people bound to something that happen in their past in their childhood and prevents them from moving forward.
Or your mind can let you deal with a horrendous tragedy and channel all that pain into something enriching and life altering.

I work on daily basis keeping my head in the game.
I have to deal with problems and struggles just like everyone else does but I refuse to let anyone or anything side track my Joy for life and how blessed I am.
There is never going to be a another chance to relive this day,life is not promised to anyone.... For me to allow myself to be in a funk ..when there are people who are trapped inside a body that doesn't work for them and losing their cognitive abilities... I would be ashamed not to use the gifts I have been blessed with.
So yes this diet thing I got it. I have my own back!

Dream it! Claim it! Achieve it !

Roo2: cupgold:
Very well written
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #11  

Little morning inspiration. Told you guys I love music. This one struck a little nerve with me.

Enjoy, keep our heads in the right mindset, and have a great day peeps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxGd1NG4aRI
Old 03-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNmom View Post
Little morning inspiration. Told you guys I love music. This one struck a little nerve with me.

Enjoy, keep our heads in the right mindset, and have a great day peeps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxGd1NG4aRI
LOVE LOVE this one! Thanks!!
mquinn106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn106 View Post
LOVE LOVE this one! Thanks!!
Glad you like it!!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 303/ticker/169

Height: 5'5"

This doesn't have inspirational lyrics, but it's more of a "pump you up" get fit tune that makes me want to push harder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js3lgE6zVbc
Fit dad 2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #15  

I like 'pump you up' music. I have to listen to something up beat when I'm exercising. Makes the time pass quicker too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJfFZqTlWrQ