3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/13/2013

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 12:26 AM   #91
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
Trying to work up the courage to "break up" with my coach. I've been on IP for 8 weeks and all I do is stop in to the office for 15 minutes a week, get weighed, measured in bust, waist and hips and then pay for my products. I have lost 20lbs so far and think I can do it on my own, but I'm scared that if I don't have to pay so much and report in to a coach I won't be a serious with it and backtrack.
That is the question you must answer for yourself. If you can do this on your own. A lot of people (me included) have gone away from their coaches, but you have to be totally dedicated to the diet and yourself. If you need the accountability to stay OP, then maybe you shouldn't leave your coach quite yet. That's not a bad thing; it's knowing what you need to succeed.

One for every 5 lbs

Last edited by leannekarella : 03-14-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:43 AM   #92

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks. I really feel dedicated on this diet. I have done others (weight watchers, Slim-n-up) and have lost 25 - 30 lbs to just stop and then regain +. I really feel different this time though. I didn't start until I was sure I was ready to commit to it. I'd been thinking about IP since August, but really couldn't afford the startup ($350 and up around here). I finally bit the bullet in January and decided that I wasn't looking back when I started. I have made it through multiple weddings, showers, birthdays and parties and NEVER cheated once! I'm very proud of that fact.
I don't feel I'm getting anything special with a coach and have tried alternative products while seeing my coach just to see if it would work for me. Of course my coach is clueless about the alts. I had my best loss with alts.
My original journey was supposed to begin on alternatives, but my hubby wanted me to do it "right" bc he wants me to be healthy and happy. I love him for it, but I also feel bad bc it's so expensive. I'm not used to spending that much money on me every week.
I guess I'll just have to continue to stew it over.
Thanks again! BTW, I love being able to share and know I'm understood bc others are in the same place.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #93
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 176/163/140

Height: 5'5"

amberjules thanks for that post. I found your blog yesterday and already started following it. Love it already. You will have to stop by mine sometime too...just got it started and it will be an emotional spew for a while until I can get those under control. but that is party of the journey!

So excited for this marathon training! I already know how to sprint!!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #94
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
Thanks. I really feel dedicated on this diet. I have done others (weight watchers, Slim-n-up) and have lost 25 - 30 lbs to just stop and then regain +. I really feel different this time though. ....I love him for it, but I also feel bad bc it's so expensive. I'm not used to spending that much money on me every week.
Don't think of it as spending money ON you but FOR your family so you'll have more time and energy to spend with them. Your hubby seems supportive, so stick with that and slowly start finding a few alternatives that you can use to supplement the IP costs. I have 2 IP packs a day at the most, but I like the convenience of those packs and going to see my coach. Ordering food online etc. is actually worse for me as I have to buy 6 bottles of WF ketchup at a time or whatever -- I've wasted way more money buying gross things and paying for shipping, than I have buying IP packs I know I'll like. You're worth it -- whatever way you decide to go!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:07 AM   #95
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
This made me lau!gh regarding the ultra pads. Asked my husband to pick up some pads awhile ago and he doesn't know what the heck to get, well he came home with some ultra super heavy flow suckers and let me tell you did we ever have a laugh after unrolling those monsters out of their package! Huge!
Sadly, while they are pretty freaking laughable to look at, I wear THREE of those at a time. I waddle like a freakin' duck. Also laughable to picture. Not so funny for us that have to buy those however. I couldn't decide if I was offended or grateful when Always came out with a 14+ size pad. Really? I need to be reminded I'm big 'everywhere'...sheesh!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:10 AM   #96

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Sadly, while they are pretty freaking laughable to look at, I wear THREE of those at a time. I waddle like a freakin' duck. Also laughable to picture. Not so funny for us that have to buy those however. I couldn't decide if I was offended or grateful when Always came out with a 14+ size pad. Really? I need to be reminded I'm big 'everywhere'...sheesh!
I know someone that wears these too....also not easy on the wallet!

WI#1: -8, WI#2: -5.8, WI#3: -2.2, WI#4: -5.2, WI#5: -3.8, WI#6: -4.8, WI#7: -3.2, WI#8: -4.4, WI#9: -3, WI#10: -2, WI#11: -1.8, WI#12: -1.6, WI#13: -5.2, WI#14: -1, WI#15: -2.2

-----------------------------------------------------
Reboot on 5/13:

WI#1: -8.2, WI#2: -3.4, WI#3: -1.8
Old 03-14-2013, 01:15 AM   #97

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Today was a hectic day. It began with a difficult microbiology exam, and then a microbiology lab quiz. And of course, little sleep last night!

I got home, exhausted, and took a nap. Got ready and took my parents out to dinner for their birthdays that we couldn't celebrate last month. I had a great meal! Started off with a side salad full of chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions, oil/vinegar. Then I got an 8oz sirloin steak with a beautiful side of asparagus. I also had some yummy mushrooms. While everyone ate their key lime pie and bananas foster, I ended with a hot tea and milk.

Watched some DVR programs and worked on a personal project, and now I'm ready to head to bed.

Hmm. Maybe not as hectic as I thought LOL.

TOM just arrived and I am determined to beat her a** and drink water by the gallon. My good friend is coming down this weekend from Maine and we're going to do fun stuff!

WI#1: -8, WI#2: -5.8, WI#3: -2.2, WI#4: -5.2, WI#5: -3.8, WI#6: -4.8, WI#7: -3.2, WI#8: -4.4, WI#9: -3, WI#10: -2, WI#11: -1.8, WI#12: -1.6, WI#13: -5.2, WI#14: -1, WI#15: -2.2

-----------------------------------------------------
Reboot on 5/13:

WI#1: -8.2, WI#2: -3.4, WI#3: -1.8
Old 03-14-2013, 01:17 AM   #98
Getting there!

S/C/G: 197.8/ticker/159

Today I had several emotional challenges including a LONG drive and had to limit liquids to not stop every 20 min to pee. And, as we approached home got a call from a renter who drove her car into the rental house! Got to location and she really hit the house hard, you could see into the house from the damage. No one hurt. Then my teenage daughter out of town called and said her boyfriend lost her car keys, no spare. UGH!

I had such an emotional response that I wanted to soothe with food and a drink.

I didn't, but this kind of "stuff" would have made for a night of binge to comfort the emotions. Now, I am just looking forward to bed to end this day. Thanks for letting me vent. Staying OP was hard today
Old 03-14-2013, 02:37 AM   #99
Started IP 11/28/12

S/C/G: 257/171.2/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
This made me lau!gh regarding the ultra pads. Asked my husband to pick up some pads awhile ago and he doesn't know what the heck to get, well he came home with some ultra super heavy flow suckers and let me tell you did we ever have a laugh after unrolling those monsters out of their package! Huge!
I know right..........Crazy how big those things are. I'm sure your husband was so overwhelmed by all the choices. Heck I'm a woman and I spent 20 minutes looking at my options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitandfabfrog View Post
amberjules thanks for that post. I found your blog yesterday and already started following it. Love it already. You will have to stop by mine sometime too...just got it started and it will be an emotional spew for a while until I can get those under control. but that is party of the journey!

So excited for this marathon training! I already know how to sprint!!
What'st he name of your blog? Can't wait to read it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
OMG....I just about pee'd my pants laughing so hard at your post. I had to grab the package and see if mine said 14+ size...dang...it does say that!!!!! Maybe that's what they mean when they say "Ultra" tampons...is it really Ultra or PLUS SIZE?????? Thank God I have one of the 9 inch long pads on because I think I just laughed so hard I pee'd.

Mini Goals Achieved:
10% Loss of Weight
20% Loss of Weight 4/5/13
ONEDERLAND 4/20/13

Visit my weight loss and recipes blog at http://www.LamberJules.com

How to pick Alternatives.

Follow me on Facebook.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.