Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #31  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I think we've all struggled with the emotional part of losing weight especially in the beginning. I have lost weight in the past but never like I have with IP. It has taken me a while to realize that I'm actually doing it and I'm already looking forward as to how I'm going to maintain it after I phase off. This is the first time I actually feel like I have a plan and I'm sticking to it and loving it! I still am shocked when I look in the mirror and see the new me or when people comment about how great I'm looking. Today I had a lady at work joking that she wants to come raid my closet as she has no pants to wear. This is a lady who works out every single day for probably 2 hours at a time (and is in great shape). I of course replied that there's no way my clothes would fit her as I think she's so much smaller then me.....but then she told me what size she wears and it's the same or close to what size I am now. I guess I still haven't fully acknowledged how far I've come.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #32  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
OK, need some help. I've been on IP for almost a year and have lost 98 pounds. Had not cheated but can't seem to stay OP now. Been this way for the last two weeks. My initial goal was 100 pounds but want to lose another 20 or so. How do I get back on track.....have to wo under why I am struggling now. Should I phase off for a while and then go back to phase 1?
Ultimately that decision is up to you. But there are a few things to consider:

- If you are constantly cheating, what is going to change about that if you phase off? Contrary to what we'd LIKE to believe, phasing off and maintenance are NOT easier than Phase 1. You have to CONSTANTLY make the correct food choices if you expect to keep the weight off. If you phase off just so you can have the stuff you're eating off plan, are you really ready to make conscious choices about your food every day, every meal?

- What is triggering your cheats? Are you emotional eating, boredom eating? If that's the case, then the food is still in control. That is NOT going to be solved by phasing off. I can guarantee you will end up losing a LOT of ground in your weight loss if you are phasing off just because you are unable to say no to the food. It just isn't going to change or get easier once you have more food options. It's much harder.

- Are you happy with the weight you are at? If you're shooting to lose weight to hit a particular number, but you're happy with your body and how you feel, then you might be ready to phase off and were just shooting for a number that was lower than you can handle comfortably. If not, then remember every off plan cheat sets you up to be on Phase 1 even longer. I don't know about you, but I didn't want to spend one extra minute on Phase 1.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #33  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
OK, need some help. I've been on IP for almost a year and have lost 98 pounds. Had not cheated but can't seem to stay OP now. Been this way for the last two weeks. My initial goal was 100 pounds but want to lose another 20 or so. How do I get back on track.....have to wo under why I am struggling now. Should I phase off for a while and then go back to phase 1?
In my eyes, you are so much further ahead of me on this journey, I certainly have no advice for you. I will share a little saying I saw the other day and tucked away for a day when I feel like you're feeling. It read:

When you are considering quitting, consider first all the reasons you started.

Not that you're considering quitting, but maybe it will get your thinking back on the straight and narrow. Otherwise, there is always my favorite piece of advice which comes from Elizabeth Taylor:

Pour your self a drink (I'm sure she meant IP OP, of course), Put on some lipstick, and Pull yourself together.

Think of all the even smaller pink sweaters and sparkly jeans that are out there waiting for you!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post
Hi Everyone ! Just going thru all the post and congrats to all the losers today and this week. i keep looking daily for the spot to add a signature and weight ticker. Can someone tell me if there is a certain spot to look .

Enjoy your day all !
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Once if has been 20 days and 20 posts, click on "User CP" in the purple bar, left side of the screen. It will show the signature option there, once you've qualified for it.
Thanks I will keep looking
Old 03-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #35  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

You joined on 2/24, so day 20 will be 3/16 (saturday). You should see the "Edit Signature" option show up either Saturday or Sunday.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 256/218/165

Height: 5'3

Thanks Scorbett! I was having a bit of a difficult time planning meals....If I wanted pancakes and Big Mac in a Bowl the same day....one had to go without toppings! lol

I feel much better now I'm not huge on toppings, but there are some new recipies I want to try that call for things, so now I'm going to try and not worry about it so much.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #37  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

WI today: down 2.5 and down 10 inches for the first 4 weeks.

Onward and forward!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 272/244.6/160

Height: 5ft 6in

Has anyone missed their TOM on IP? I have been on for 6 weeks now, it was that TOM the week I started IP and I have yet to have another TOM. Did a pregnancy test just to make sure and it is not that...
Old 03-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #39  

Crock Pot Cooking ??

So I'm making a roast for the family dinner tonight....am I able to have any of the beef? All that's in the pot is the roast, potatoes, carrots (I know I can't have any of those veggies), and beef broth (no salt added), and some spices.

I was hoping to have a few slices of the beef, and my own veggies/salad...is that ok?
Old 03-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easystreet3 View Post
Has anyone missed their TOM on IP? I have been on for 6 weeks now, it was that TOM the week I started IP and I have yet to have another TOM. Did a pregnancy test just to make sure and it is not that...
nope. I was just finishing mine when I started IP, and had it faithfully when I was due.

Are you always very regular?

I know we are doing some big changes with how our body operates, so it's most likely just some internal workings that are going on. I had some crazy stress going on a few years back that caused everything to get out of wack with my TOM, but once I was through that, everything settled back down again.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #41  
IP start date 2/4/13

Height: 5'10"

So I decided to change up my packets for the first time in 4 weeks...

I am in LOVE with the pancakes and syrup. What have I been missing out on!!

I look forward to breakfast every morning now, the herbs and cheese omelet was getting old.

Morning bliss awaits....
Old 03-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #42  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrychic View Post
Crock Pot Cooking ??

So I'm making a roast for the family dinner tonight....am I able to have any of the beef? All that's in the pot is the roast, potatoes, carrots (I know I can't have any of those veggies), and beef broth (no salt added), and some spices.

I was hoping to have a few slices of the beef, and my own veggies/salad...is that ok?
Yes, you can have the beef. Make sure it's trimmed of fat. and throw in some celery...that's what I do so I can have some yummy veggies. Also rutabaga is a good substitute for potatoes that you can eat. I do that. Meat shrinks...so I always count my 8oz uncooked with about 6 oz cooked.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #43  
Started IP 1/9/13

S/C/G: 234.4/158/130

Height: 5'1

Weigh in Wed! So last night I was up from 2:30-5:30am with terrible gas pains and was completely bloated. I didn't want to weigh in today because I didn't have a good feeling but I did it anyways. Needless to say gained .4lbs. I went shopping today and bought some Smooth Move tea because I haven't gone in a couple of days and that may be the problem. We'll see next week.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #44  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks for the support. I know I can do this and will. I've come too far to stop now. I have been struggling with an awful TOM and I think it has wreaked havoc on my hormones, resulting in my depression kicking in high gear. I will write those sayings down and read them daily. Thanks again!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #45  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
First - Congratulations! You've done so well. You don't say whether your weight loss has stalled? If you've been in a stall for a few weeks, I'd recommend shaking up things by doing a temp stint on P3, then returning to P1. I stalled out in early November at about 165lbs and that plan worked for me. (I'd remembered Wuv's coach having her do that, so knew it was a 'sound' approach).

I can really identify with your feelings. I've been around here for a long time too, and remember seeing you here from time to time over the past year or so. Since last November or so I've almost continuously had 'warring' in my brain about whether to forge ahead to goal or phase off. After my switch to P3 and back to P1 in early November, my weight loss increased again and I reached the weight my Dr. had recommended (157lbs)... so I did phase off at that point and was on maintenance briefly at Christmas time. However, that was higher than where I really wanted to be, plus I regained glycogen weight that put me higher still... I didn't fit into some of my smallest slacks, etc., that I wanted to be able to wear again... and basically just knew that my Dr's 'good enough' wasn't 'good enough' for me. So I went back on P1 about mid-January to 'finish'. In retrospect it would have been easier to stick the course, not phase out, and just keep going on P1 through Christmas.

I have recently gotten to my goal weight, and I'm still on P1 as I'm wanting to get down just 3 more more lbs to give myself a little 'cushion' for glycogen regain again... I'd ideally like to use 150lbs as my upper limit for maintenance. But I'm finding it hard to be strict with myself... again, these warring factors seem to be in my brain arguing with each other. So far I haven't done anything too seriously 'off plan' but I am struggling with it. So I feel your angst.

In weak moments, I remind myself how much I want to stay below 150lbs in maintenance... that I know from my own personal past experience with a brief time on maintenance that I'll gain glycogen weight again, so I really *need* this cushion I'm working towards to keep myself below that 150lbs upper limit...that I'm very pleased that the last -7 lbs or so have (finally) made a big difference in slimming & flattening my tummy area, and I need to slim that area just a bit more to allow for it getting bigger again due to glycogen regain ...how I like being able to wear all my smallest clothes again and will feel disappointed in myself if I 'give in' and 'give up' early... that it's been a long journey, I've worked hard at this, and I don't want to phase out until I'm thoroughly satisfied with the results of all my dieting efforts.

All I can tell you is that now that I'm looking back at the past few months since my return to P1, I'm glad I hung in there... and that I continue to hang in. I think that you'll feel the best about yourself if you stick to your guns and keep moving towards the goal you established. However, having said that, IF you are sincerely happy with your weight level and want to reassess your goal, that's fine too. No one should feel controlled by a number on a scale.

I don't always check the Daily Thread these days, but I don't think you've been posting regularly lately? I encourage you to do so.... I find coming here daily really helps to reinforce my 'good intentions' and keep on track. I tend to hang out mostly at the 'Fabulous at 50+' thread these days, although I check here from time to time. BTW -even if you're not 50, everyone there would be happy to welcome you.

This has been rambling... and as I reread it, I apologize that it's so 'me-oriented'...but I hope hearing of my own personal journey these past few months helps. I kinda feel like you're right were I was a few months ago, and needing a strengthening of resolve to forge forward. I guess more than anything, I want you to know that you're not alone.

Last edited by evepet; 03-13-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Closed Thread