Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #16  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I don't usually eat much lettuce any more. I only add it if I want to make my 2 cups of veggies at lunch into a salad. Initially I would have it every day for lunch but I stopped that as I was having a hard time with it (I'm having a hard time with raw veggies right now). I haven't noticed any change in my weight loss.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 166.4/169.1/135

Height: 5'3"

Day 10 of IP for me and thankfully woke this morning feeling great. Managed to get good sleep (DS was only up once!). I am taking him to the pool today for the first time. Wish me luck!

I am placing an order today for IP products. Because I am a "long distance" client it comes through mail, and my coach will cover shipping (which isn't cheap to remote locations in Canada) if I order a month supply. So this morning for breakfast I tried something new: the Apple Cinnamon soy snack. It was delicious! Definitely including that in my order I am going to try to get into phase 2 before looking at alternatives.

Have a fantastic on-plan day everyone!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Morning all. I'm fast approaching my official WI tomorrow and basically couldn't wait so jumped on the scale this morning and........a total loss of 0.0 pounds for the week. No big thing though, I am learning that my body seems to lose pounds every second week. I am averaging 8.75 pounds lost per week so I've got nothing to complain about.

On a different note had another crazy dream last night......eating pizza and doughnuts with the guys from Duck Dynasty. Funny and weird all rolled into one. I woke up thinking wtf was that about?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #19  
Reboot Jan 2018

I finally got about 8 hours sleep last night!!! Finally! I've been waking up pretty much every morning between 3:30am and 4am. Today I woke up at 6 and feel much better (terrible bloating crampy feeling from yesterday is gone).
Old 03-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #20  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrychic View Post
Question about W.F and other "toppings": My coach told me thatI can only have max 2TB's a day....so If I was having pancakes, I could only have 2TB of WF syrup and then no extra toppings that day.....or I could split it to 1TB and then 1TB of something else later that day (like 1000 Island for Big Mac in a Bowl). Just wondering if that's right? She didn't really explain why....just that it was a "no no".

Enjoy your day everyone!
One serving a day is VERY extreme. That is also not stated in the Phase 1 protocol anywhere, that is your coach's own rule.

Products that are 0/0/0 still contain trace carbs, so you DO want to be mindful of the number of times you use ANY 0/0/0 extras (walden farms, sweeteners, drink mixes, etc). I limited myself to six servings per day - that way I would know that no more than 5 extra carbs got into my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post
I weighed in last night and I was down another 3.2 which I'm really pleased with, however my coach told me that I am not eating enough????!!!!!! She told me that I am not eating enough lettuce and that I need to start fitting it in on top of my 4 cups of veggies a day. I don't really think that I can eat that much more than what I currently am. Any ideas that anyone can pass along would be great. Also, has anyone else every been told this?
Lettuce is not mandatory on phase 1. If you are eating all of your packets, all of your veggies, drinking plenty of water and taking your supplements, you are fine. Don't force yourself to eat if you aren't hungry, that does NOTHING to teach you how to recognize and appropriately answer hunger, nor does it add anything to your diet nutritionally to stuff full of lettuce. It's filler, that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSue View Post
Hi, all. I am new to 3FC and find you all inspirational. I joined IP in Jan 2013. So far, in 8 weeks, I have lost 28 pounds and 18 inches!!! It has been than 15 years since I have weighed less than 200 lbs! Financially I am only going to be able to continue another 4 weeks. I am terrified of regaining the weight. Question: Do you find the Paleo diet compatible with Phase 4?
Thank you!!!

P.S. I do plan to return to Phase 1 in a couple months, but plan to use alternative products.
The "rules" for Phase 4 aren't as simple as picking an eating style, unfortunately. If you choose to follow maintenance as Dr Tran has set it up, then you have to be aware of the carb and fat content of your meals. I use many Paleo style recipes, but there are also many I can't use because they combine higher fats and higher carbs (usually in the form of beans or whole grains) in the same recipe.

That said, there are lots of folks who went Paleo in maintenance and just follow that eating style instead of IP's recommendations - you have to do what works for you and what you can live with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
I finally got about 8 hours sleep last night!!! Finally! I've been waking up pretty much every morning between 3:30am and 4am. Today I woke up at 6 and feel much better (terrible bloating crampy feeling from yesterday is gone).
Glad you are feeling better!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #21  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

OK, need some help. I've been on IP for almost a year and have lost 98 pounds. Had not cheated but can't seem to stay OP now. Been this way for the last two weeks. My initial goal was 100 pounds but want to lose another 20 or so. How do I get back on track.....have to wo under why I am struggling now. Should I phase off for a while and then go back to phase 1?
Old 03-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #22  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Happy Wednesday!
I hit the 30lb mark this morning!
Just in time for spring break vacation with the kiddo.
Won't be hiding from the camera on this trip!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #23  
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 176/163/140

Height: 5'5"

I had such an emotional day yesterday it was ridiculous. I felt like a failure on all of my other attempts to lose weight, so why should this one work....sometimes I hate the mean things people can say. I sure hope my WI tomorrow goes well and I can get rid of that internal dialogue that says I cannot lose weight.

Glad today is a NEW DAY!!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
Happy Wednesday!
Congratulations!!! I am hoping to hit that same mark this afternoon. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #25  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitandfabfrog View Post
I had such an emotional day yesterday it was ridiculous. I felt like a failure on all of my other attempts to lose weight, so why should this one work....sometimes I hate the mean things people can say. I sure hope my WI tomorrow goes well and I can get rid of that internal dialogue that says I cannot lose weight.

Glad today is a NEW DAY!!
Yes, NEW DAY!

I think every single one of us have gone though, and still go through that "failure" mindset. You have to reset your mind to be a success. Think it and be it.

Also, don't set your happiness on your WI! I think that's also a mistake a lot of people do... Bad WI means it's not working.

Take it from someone who has horrible health issues that have prevented me from losing weight on any other diet. Stick with this, and IT WILL WORK. I have no loss weeks. I have gain weeks. But in 3 months I've lost 30lbs. It works for the long haul.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Hi Everyone ! Just going thru all the post and congrats to all the losers today and this week. i keep looking daily for the spot to add a signature and weight ticker. Can someone tell me if there is a certain spot to look .

Enjoy your day all !
Old 03-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #27  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Quote:
Happy Wednesday!
Great going!! 30 lbs you will never see again!!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #28  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post
Hi Everyone ! Just going thru all the post and congrats to all the losers today and this week. i keep looking daily for the spot to add a signature and weight ticker. Can someone tell me if there is a certain spot to look .

Enjoy your day all !
You need to have 20 posts and be here 20 days. I am waiting to put a signature on as well.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #29  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Quote:
Yes, NEW DAY!

I think every single one of us have gone though, and still go through that "failure" mindset. You have to reset your mind to be a success. Think it and be it.

Also, don't set your happiness on your WI! I think that's also a mistake a lot of people do... Bad WI means it's not working.

Take it from someone who has horrible health issues that have prevented me from losing weight on any other diet. Stick with this, and IT WILL WORK. I have no loss weeks. I have gain weeks. But in 3 months I've lost 30lbs. It works for the long haul.
This was my lesson learned yesterday. I was disappointed by my low weight loss. But after resetting my thinking, thanks ladies, and looking at it a different way.

I have been OP for 3 weeks!! 3 weeks- I have never stayed on a diet that long. Not one that I know I can follow for the rest of my life.

I am down one whole pant size and I can fit into my target outfit already. I didn't think I would until I reached my goal.

This is not just about the scale it's about all the NSV as well.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #30  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post

Enjoy your day all !
Once it has been 20 days and 20 posts, click on "User CP" in the purple bar, left side of the screen. It will show the signature option there, once you've qualified for it.

Last edited by SylviesGirl; 03-13-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Closed Thread