3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   What a great place! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/277531-what-great-place.html)

newday2013 03-12-2013 10:13 PM

What a great place!

So happy to have all of you as my cheering squad. A little about me...I am a mom of 4 (21, 17, 10, 8) and have been yo yo dieting like a lot of you most of my adult life. I'm the heaviest I've been in 25 years. I've lost 70 lbs before, on my own, sorta. Long story.
I started IP on Friday and feel wonderful today (phew). I went out of town with the family today and was a good girl; lugged around my shake and bar and had salad and chicken for lunch and dinner in restaurants (skipped a pack). Only "cheat" was I drank half a diet pepsi cause I forgot to get water...
One question I do have, when you eat chicken breast (I was at Swiss Chalet) do you normaly eat the skin? I ate it today, justifying that I didn't have any fat all day:o
Keep up the encouraging posts!
Christine

leannekarella 03-12-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newday2013 (Post 4665884)
So happy to have all of you as my cheering squad. A little about me...I am a mom of 4 (21, 17, 10, 8) and have been yo yo dieting like a lot of you most of my adult life. I'm the heaviest I've been in 25 years. I've lost 70 lbs before, on my own, sorta. Long story.
I started IP on Friday and feel wonderful today (phew). I went out of town with the family today and was a good girl; lugged around my shake and bar and had salad and chicken for lunch and dinner in restaurants (skipped a pack). Only "cheat" was I drank half a diet pepsi cause I forgot to get water...
One question I do have, when you eat chicken breast (I was at Swiss Chalet) do you normaly eat the skin? I ate it today, justifying that I didn't have any fat all day:o
Christine

Hi Christine, and welcome!
No, you should not eat the chicken skin. The fat is too high, and the fats we need to consume are the olive oil/grapeseed oil kind that is very healthy, not animal fats. Though there are fattier meats, like beef, that I eat, I am careful to trim the fat off.
On the other hand, sometimes if I give myself a bump of fat once in a while, I actually see a nice little dip in the scale.
I do not suggest eating skin, but keep in mind a little extra fat isn't going to kill you :D

fitandfabfrog 03-13-2013 01:27 PM

Welcome to IP! I am only on day 8 so not too much ahead of you. I am also a mother to 4 but mine are younger....7, 5, 3 and 1. Life can be demanding that is for sure!

Good luck on your journey!

scorbett1103 03-13-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newday2013 (Post 4665884)
Christine

Welcome!

RE: chicken, we do NOT eat the skin - this is a low fat AND low carb diet, and chicken fat is not a substitute for the olive oil we are supposed to have every day. Great job sticking to plan while you were out though!

IP43 03-13-2013 06:55 PM

Welcome! I spend a good part of each summer in your neck of the woods -- beautiful place (well now that the trees have grown back ;)

This is a great place to come and get support. Good luck