Old 05-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #391  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Congratulations AllisonS!

You are an inspiration !!!
Old 05-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #392  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Thank you so much! I was very excited. I am the third person and first female to lose 100 lbs at my clinic! : )
Old 05-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #393  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

AWESOME job Alison!!!! Revel in the success!
Old 05-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

well hello to my old friends, yes it's me and I'm back and need you all very much! So let me get this over with and this is very hard because of course as you have probably figured out I have fallen off the wagon, the truck and been ran over by a steam roller, well it feels like that anyway, so I'm up 8 lbs in no time at all and have been beating myself up. So after avoiding all responsibility to myself and feeling upset, instead of hiding and not posting I'm taking a different route and starting fresh just like in the beginning, confessing my mistakes. After starting last July 26 and not missing up for 7 months I know how fast this works, so I am going to give it my all and hope to hit goal by this July 26, I know I can, and I need you all, I can't explain how bad I feel left behind by my own doing, and it's wonderful how well you are all doing, so I'm back and really missed you all, thanks, Teena
Old 05-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #395  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
well hello to my old friends, yes it's me and I'm back and need you all very much! So let me get this over with and this is very hard because of course as you have probably figured out I have fallen off the wagon, the truck and been ran over by a steam roller, well it feels like that anyway, so I'm up 8 lbs in no time at all and have been beating myself up. So after avoiding all responsibility to myself and feeling upset, instead of hiding and not posting I'm taking a different route and starting fresh just like in the beginning, confessing my mistakes. After starting last July 26 and not missing up for 7 months I know how fast this works, so I am going to give it my all and hope to hit goal by this July 26, I know I can, and I need you all, I can't explain how bad I feel left behind by my own doing, and it's wonderful how well you are all doing, so I'm back and really missed you all, thanks, Teena
Hello Teena! Welcome back - though you have been here in my thoughts all along Great to hear you are going to be posting and hanging out with us more.

Allergies have been kicking my rear lately. I'm plugging along this week on program but not feeling very perky. I think I'll get to bed early tonight.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:57 PM   #396  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Hi, I have been very busy at work, but I wanted to drop by to show you my new avatar. ; ) Love you all!
Alison Congratulations! What a wonderful milestone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
well hello to my old friends, yes it's me and I'm back and need you all very much! ... so I'm back and really missed you all, thanks, Teena
Teena, welcome back! We are all human and the good thing is that we know the secret! We know how to get back on track. You can do it! We're here to help each other.

Halfagain, hope you feel better tomorrow. Yes, 'tis the season for the allergies!

I'm in Houston this week babysitting for the wonderful twin granddaughters. (22 months) They are darling and I'm having fun. I spent much of today (while they were in daycare) trying on dresses for a wedding next weekend. Haven't found it yet, but I'll try again tomorrow. I am just amazed at the types (and sizes) of clothes that fit me now. It's great fun!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #397  
began IP May 25

TEENA!!! - So glad to see you back here! Stop beating yourself up - as Ishbel says...treat yourself with the same compassion & kindness you would treat someone else with. Trust me, I know how difficult that can be, but it is a great lesson to learn. You've already gotten over the first hurdle (coming back here and admitting what has been going on). So, is your ticker correct? Only 17 lbs to go? If so, you can easily accomplish this by July 26th! We're here for you gf - find that mental place inside again and you've got this!

Joysh - Love that you get to spend time with your twin grands. That time is so precious. Have fun with trying on all the different styles of wedding duds!

Halfagain - hope allergy season is short-lived where you are this year...take care.

RE: my greenhouse (I hope you all aren't tired of hearing about my gardening). I'm so disappointed with it...most of the plants I had in there have died off! Not sure if it was the swimming in too much water when it leaked during a night-long rain last week, or the cold temps we had a couple days later (the greenhouse was all closed up at night), or a combination of both, but I've lost ALL the tomato plants, most of the peppers, onions, eggplants, cilantro and more. Most of the brussel sprouts have survived, and so did the hanging baskets of flowers I had put together. Grrrr - this is SO frustrating! The greenhouse is going back to the store for a refund...
Old 05-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #398  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Oh dear, Cindy, Sorry about your drowned plants. maybe they will come back??

Yes, I am sooooo enjoying this time with the girls. At 22 months they are just learning words and putting them together ("nana, help" or "more waffle" or "all wet") it's such a cute age. I'm also happy to be through with grading, so I'm really on vacation for a little while. It's kind of like getting on to maintenance: A wide range of choices and possibilities. There's a slight element of free fall and adventure with not much structure. I can create whatever I'd like! Hmmmmmm.

Today I will have lunch with a good friend who started IP one week ago.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 05-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #399  

Oh Cindy: I had a tomato plant that got drowned after a 4 inch rainstorm and the pot was sitting in a puddle of water.

My master gardener friend told me I should have immediately removed the plant and put it in fresh dirt, as the "drowning" removes oxygen from the soil. I know nothing of these matters (my spinach isn't really growing and I'm about to look up "why"). I moved the plant but I think it's too late. I'll need to replace that one

Sorry your first try didn't work. Keep trying! I've had years my attempts grew absolutely NOTHING. So far-so-good in Lisa's garden-land (except for that one tomato plant).

I'm eating homegrown lettuce & nurturing other baby plants
(& about to attempt to figure out why the spinach has stopped growing)
Old 05-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #400  
began IP May 25

Lisa - thanks for the insight re: drowned plants. I did dump the extra water off as soon as I saw what happened, but did not replant them. I'm not giving up, but will have to buy new plants already started at a nursery now, as it's too late to begin from seed for most. We have a fairly short growing season. (Maybe I can get VIP to build me a better greenhouse for next spring.)
Old 05-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hi everyone, thank you all for your support, I'm feeling good and am already back down 4 lbs, I think my hardest days are behind me, so on we go. Me and my son are getting ready to plant a small garden and I'm looking forward to the expierence with him, it will be our first. Have a great evening all!
Old 05-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #402  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Hi, Teena and my other Fab 50 Friends!
I'm back, too. I had a crazy, stressful, and blessed time these past 4 months, resulting in a 7 pound gain. I started back on IP (alternatives) 5 days ago and 2 of those pounds are gone already. Works for me!
When I was at goal weight I had a checkup and found my cholesterol had dropped way down into the normal range (was borderline high). Finally had my colonoscopy (its true what they say, the prep is the worst part): 1 polyp but no cancer, thank you God! Dedicated 8 weekends to preparations to team on an Emmaus Walk - a type of 4th Day retreat. I was the Executive Officer, to use a military term, so there were lots of details to handle but lots of blessings to cherish as well. Major job reassignment at the same time.
Whew - time to get back to normal!
BTW, I just can't seem to get with the exercise program, even though I know I should be moving around and at least stretching. Just can't seem to get kick started.

Anyway, I'm so happy to see so many pictures with people getting smaller and smaller - all but LizRR of course who looks absolutely fabulous as she grows.

Take care everyone!

Last edited by Fishette; 05-17-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #403  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Just dropping in to say hi and introduce myself
I am on day 2 of IP and look forward to getting down like y'all have done! When I feel like it is impossible, I just go to these boards and get fired back up! The successes, support, tips and fellowship impresses me! I have tried other diets and did so so but I now realize that low carb is a better fit for me. I am a 53 year young stay at home Mom to a 21 year old daughter who is austistic (Aspergers ) and I have a 20 year old son who is in college. I have been married 23 years to my husband
Have a great weekend !
Old 05-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #404  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

So at my weigh in this past week, my coach told me that they have changed the veg on phase 1 and that rutabagus is now a "twice a week" veg! I was horrified, because this is one of my go-to veggies and something I use a lot in recipes. Has anyone else heard this or seen a new phase 1 sheet?
Old 05-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #405  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo girl View Post
Just dropping in to say hi and introduce myself
I am on day 2 of IP and look forward to getting down like y'all have done! When I feel like it is impossible, I just go to these boards and get fired back up! The successes, support, tips and fellowship impresses me! I have tried other diets and did so so but I now realize that low carb is a better fit for me. I am a 53 year young stay at home Mom to a 21 year old daughter who is austistic (Aspergers ) and I have a 20 year old son who is in college. I have been married 23 years to my husband
Have a great weekend !

You have come to the right place. This board can definitely help with your success.

I am keeping so busy and this tablet isn't as easy for reading and typing on the internet. We brought my pc, but then forgot a couple if critical pieces, so I'm stuck on the tablet.

Sorry to hear about your greenhouse woes, Cindy. Greenhouses can be tricky. I had one in which I raised orchids. Temp, water, ventilation, just everything has to be right. Even for storing veggies.

Teena, welcome back. Don't be ashamed, you've come back to the right place (the forum and you own realization). You can make it.

Sorry you're down plagued by allergies, Barb. I got to deal with spring allergies once in Georgia, now all over again in Michigan since they are a couple months behind Georgia.

And hi to all I've not mentioned.

Still moving along through maintenance. Went to car show today, usually I pack our lunch. Took a chance and there was BBQ place. Meat was just slow roated, no sauces added. They had BBQ nachos on their menu. Chip, meat, cheese, lettuce tomatoes, and onions. I had them go real light on the chips and cheese and heavy on the veggies. It turned out great. Just a taste of the "bad" stuff.

Off to do my composting and water some plants.

Molly
Closed Thread