Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #331  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Checking in to let you know I'm alive and well and up in Michigan. Can't get online much and when I do, it's sooooooooo slow. It took me a half hour to read two pages of this thread to get caught up. Sorry that I won't be able to be around much. I miss everyone and the support from this forum. Another real negative with this slow dialup internet, I cannot log my food into My Fitness Pal. Now that's scary. I'm trying to figure what I'm eating on my own.
So sorry about slow dial up. Is that temporary until you make a permanent change or the only option?
My parents were in a high speed void until about 3 years ago but their connection can still be sporadic. They're on Grand Traverse Bay north of Elk Rapids.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #332  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Hated to see the lbs to go change, but I want/need to get down another 10 lbs before I'm done. Then I'm done. Hopefully by end of June I'll be at goal.
This journey is not only about losing weight, but learning about ourselves as well. You have such insight into yourself and are able to apply what you have learned, so this change in goal must be the right thing for you. Love reading your posts and keeping up with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi, all.

Checking in to let you know I'm alive and well and up in Michigan. Can't get online much and when I do, it's sooooooooo slow. It took me a half hour to read two pages of this thread to get caught up. Sorry that I won't be able to be around much. I miss everyone and the support from this forum. Another real negative with this slow dialup internet, I cannot log my food into My Fitness Pal. Now that's scary. I'm trying to figure what I'm eating on my own.

Will check in again in a few days. Everyone take care.
Molly
Hi Molly...glad you made it safely. I hear you re: slow 'net connection. We don't have dial-up, but it isn't much better. Just not many options for out here "in the sticks!" (I check in more when I'm at work.) I'll PM you my ph # and we can figure out a time to get together again.

Quote:
I went thrift store shopping today. Found a couple tops. I'm proud to say I passed up three leather skirts (green, black, and a red one too). Was kidding DH about needing more leather to go with my coats, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy them, even to kid with him. I did try them on. They were a too short (not indecent, but my thighs are not so nice right now - no need to scare anyone by seeing those).
LOL re: the thighs...mine too! Don't think I'll be wearing any skirts/dresses shorter than my knees for a while!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. This last week has been hard for me, and haven't found the time to post much. P1 went out the window a couple of days. Fortunately when I weighed myself yesterday a.m., I hadn't gained anything, but hadn't lost any either, since official WI last Tuesday. Today is a new day, and will be very busy working around the house & garage, so hopefully the #s will start dropping again.

Yesterday we went to a funeral...the 56 yr old wife of VIPs best friend. She had breast cancer 20 yrs ago and beat it, but it came back a few months ago with a vengeance. I'd just like to say that I feel it is so very important to live life to the fullest, and be sure to tell those closest to you how much you love them often. So, even though we all don't know each other personally, I value this community, the support, and the friendships found here very much. Thank you to each one of you.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #333  

S/C/G: Goal weight 167/tickler/127

Height: 4' 10 1/2"

Default Introduction

Hi! My name is Charlene and I am preparing for my first day of IP tomorrow. Have all my tools from IP getting fresh veggies today and cooking my additional protein for the week - being prepared should hopefully help me. I hope to find this website inspiring and not feeling so alone in my journey.:
Old 04-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #334  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. This last week has been hard for me, and haven't found the time to post much. P1 went out the window a couple of days. Fortunately when I weighed myself yesterday a.m., I hadn't gained anything, but hadn't lost any either, since official WI last Tuesday. Today is a new day, and will be very busy working around the house & garage, so hopefully the #s will start dropping again.

Yesterday we went to a funeral...the 56 yr old wife of VIPs best friend. She had breast cancer 20 yrs ago and beat it, but it came back a few months ago with a vengeance. I'd just like to say that I feel it is so very important to live life to the fullest, and be sure to tell those closest to you how much you love them often. So, even though we all don't know each other personally, I value this community, the support, and the friendships found here very much. Thank you to each one of you.
Sounds like you're on the right track again for P1, just keep on keeping on That's sad about your VIP's best friend's wife. Wow she had that fight a long time ago to have cancer show back up and take her so quickly. I am in hopes I won't be headed to a funeral myself soon. A good friend of our family is on life support. They will decide in a couple days if he's going to respond. He's in his 80's, it may be his time, but we shall see. The older I get the younger my parents and their friends seem.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #335  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene View Post
Hi! My name is Charlene and I am preparing for my first day of IP tomorrow. Have all my tools from IP getting fresh veggies today and cooking my additional protein for the week - being prepared should hopefully help me. I hope to find this website inspiring and not feeling so alone in my journey.:
Welcome! I am all about being prepared. I get my lunch protein (I split it) ready to go into my salads for work, and I rice cauliflower or cut up my jicama for the week on Sundays!

Quote:
Sounds like you're on the right track again for P1, just keep on keeping on That's sad about your VIP's best friend's wife. Wow she had that fight a long time ago to have cancer show back up and take her so quickly. I am in hopes I won't be headed to a funeral myself soon. A good friend of our family is on life support. They will decide in a couple days if he's going to respond. He's in his 80's, it may be his time, but we shall see. The older I get the younger my parents and their friends seem.
Isn't that the truth? Your perspective really changes as you age. A friend of ours lost his Dad recently at 70, and I am all "wow so young!" when years ago I thought that was ancient. My parents are in their 80's and I am not ready for them to go anywhere!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #336  
6/26/12 start 355

Default A scale said it - it must be true

Okay going with the theory that a scale did say it, I'm gonna take it. I hit Onederland today. 199.8 I've been mulling it over, thinking I'd wait till tomorrow morning's observation to see if it still agrees with today's before I say anything... but knowing how weight fluctuates it may well be 201 tomorrow. The point is that scale today, this morning, without getting totally naked even said 199.8 That rocks and I'm happy as I haven't seen that 1 in the front of my weight for many many years.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #337  

Quote:
Okay going with the theory that a scale did say it, I'm gonna take it. I hit Onederland today. 199.8 I've been mulling it over, thinking I'd wait till tomorrow morning's observation to see if it still agrees with today's before I say anything... but knowing how weight fluctuates it may well be 201 tomorrow. The point is that scale today, this morning, without getting totally naked even said 199.8 That rocks and I'm happy as I haven't seen that 1 in the front of my weight for many many years.

I'm so happy for you!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #338  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Woo-Hoo!!! Way To Go Halfagain!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Height: 5'10"

Congrats Halfagain!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:28 PM   #340  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Wonderful! or Onederful! WTG!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:10 AM   #341  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

I'm so happy for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Woo-Hoo!!! Way To Go Halfagain!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticaldreamzz View Post
Congrats Halfagain!
Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Wonderful! or Onederful! WTG!
Thank you! Wha-hoo that was the last mini-goal. I am excited to get an "official" WI and put it down on all my updates.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #342  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Halfagain!! How Wonderful!!! Wonderful Onederland!!!! Hooray!!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #343  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene View Post
Hi Charlene, and WELCOME! Sounds like you are ready to begin the journey...planning ahead and being prepared are vital to success and you've got a great start!

Quote:
WHOO HOOO!!! WTG gf!

I just have to announce...SPRING HAS FINALLY FOUND US HERE IN NORTHERN MI!!!! Lovin' it
Old 04-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 148.5 / 135/125

Height: 5'4 1/2

My its been a few days since looking and posting anything. Was super busy with getting my daughters graduation announcements out. it's in 3 weeks and I just got the invites last Friday. A communication problem with the gal that made them for me. But basically Friday afternoon had to sit in our mall 30 miles away after I got the invites( which did not have envelops with them! had to drive around Mason city to find the right size! then I started stuffing and putting addresses labels on them and stamps to get them out in the mail by 5pm. I actually saw someone I knew an she sat down and helped me . I had 10 min to spare, all the while I am trying to eat a sub way salad and get my water in. This was at 3;00 pm. I had a salad before that also from Wendys, and nothing was holding me over! I even ate my IP bar in between and was just feeling sick with hunger. don't know why. It was just a rotten day. Everything I did I hit road blocks , plus we had both our daughters involved in prom next day and I was busy running for them too! I got home and almost had a glass of wine, I help off, I ate and went straight to bed. Sat was almost as bad for food wise. We had to be on road by 8 to get hair done. finally got home by 11:30 made sure I got my hubby fed (hes almost to his goal of losing 30 and he started when i did.) and plus people were dropping in, I could only eat another partial salad again, had grilled some veggies but I couldnt even eat. I had so much going on. we started pics by 1;30 and it didn't stop till 3:30. I broke down and had a glass of wine! I felt guilty the whole time but man, I Just wanted to sit and enjoy 1 glass. We went to prom walk with all my relatives which they were drinking alot of wine, (haha) and then didn't get to eat till 8, I made a quick spinach shake before we went, Basically only got 2 cups of veggies in. It was a super long day, stayed up till 3;30 am . That time of night veggies do not sound good at all. I did go down1/2 lb over the weekend even with the wine. So did it hurt anything? I don't know. Still don't know what to do a bout going to phase 2 yet. Hubby will be there 2 more pds so do I start with him or try to continue to my goal?? We have graduation here in 3 wks and its going to be a whirlwind getting ready for that, plus keep the hubby and family well fed in the fields and running errands for them and the kids, and trying to keep my sanity. Thank good ness weather is in the 70's for now till thur then low and behold snow showers in the forcast again!! It's Not Winter Mother Nature!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #345  

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
I just have to announce...SPRING HAS FINALLY FOUND US HERE IN NORTHERN MI!!!! Lovin' it
My mom brought it with her from AZ. Glad you can tell the difference!
Closed Thread