3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun March 9-10, 2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,176

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun March 9-10, 2013


Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
Lost 95 lbs on IP!
Link to weight loss Photos

lisa32989 is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
mquinn106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Vermont
Posts: 174

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Default

Morning everyone! I'm feeling great and SO thankful I made the commitment to IP! I'm noticing not only differences in my body but my whole outlook on life is changing, I'm much more positive and optimistic, life is great!

Let's make it a great positive OP weekend all
__________________


"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."

"I just woke up one day and decided I didn't want to feel like that anymore, or ever again. So I changed"
mquinn106 is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
1LittleStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 370

S/C/G: 310/000/190

Height: 5'6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn106 View Post
Morning everyone! I'm feeling great and SO thankful I made the commitment to IP! I'm noticing not only differences in my body but my whole outlook on life is changing, I'm much more positive and optimistic, life is great!

Let's make it a great positive OP weekend all
I couldn't agree with you more. I am on vacation and IP has definetely made it better. Airplane was much more comfortable and no seat belt extender needed! And my increased mobility and decreased size will make this whole trip better!
__________________
______________________________


Read my IP recipe and product reviews:
http://idealproteinrecipesandfoodreviews.blogspot.ca/
1LittleStar is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
Member
 
Jeaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34

S/C/G: 0/9/40

Height: 5' 1.25"

Default

Good Saturday Morning Everyone! Just wanted wish everyone great NSV victories today. We are heading out today to Rochester to visit a friend and then off to check out the eagles and then a visit to see my sweet aunt Kay.
Jeaner is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #5
Getting there!
 
workingit50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 214

S/C/G: 197.8/ticker/159

Height: 5'6

Default

I am getting my packets and food planned for today and going to yoga. In AZ , in mountains, it is snowy today. I tend to want to eat more on cold days. Going to commit to my water intake today, tend to drink less on weekends.
workingit50 is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #6
Started IP 7/9/12
 
ragdoll74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 1,748

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. I am on vacation and IP has definetely made it better. Airplane was much more comfortable and no seat belt extender needed! And my increased mobility and decreased size will make this whole trip better!
Great NSV! Enjoy your vacation.
__________________
started maintenance 6/14/13
ragdoll74 is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 41

Default

This is my first post I have been lurking on this site for a while and you all have helped make my decision to join IP!! So much support and success and help with questions etc etc. I had my seven week WI and am down 18 pounds!!! Not only that I feel fantastic and have a great coach!
BEEGEE is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern Canada
Posts: 16

S/C/G: 166.4/169.1/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEGEE View Post
This is my first post I have been lurking on this site for a while and you all have helped make my decision to join IP!! So much support and success and help with questions etc etc. I had my seven week WI and am down 18 pounds!!! Not only that I feel fantastic and have a great coach!
Congrats on the loss! That is fantastic I also lurked on the site before finally starting the IP program... Seeing the pics and reading the stories makes you realize how well the program really works when you stick to it.
Alemap1981 is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
Member
 
Jujubie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 38

S/C/G: 143/133/120

Height: 5' 2"

Default

I was wondering if someone could help me? I have been doing IP for almost 2 weeks now. I have been staying OP including the olive oil and salt requirements. After I eat I am ok for almost 3 hours and then I start to get hungry. By the time it time for me to eat again....I am starving. I thought the feeling of being hungry was suppose to go away? I just can't stand being so hungry that I can barely function. Any ideas?
Jujubie is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #10
Member
 
mpstaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 38

S/C/G: 304/249/170

Height: 5'7"

Default

I'm a little confused about posting protocol. Many people say to post questions on the daily thread, but it seems many posters start new threads on a specific topic or concern and they tend to get the targeted responses they are looking for. So, is it new thread or daily thread?

My question has to do with exercise. I have read many threads on exercise already, but what I would like to know is why can't we "have our IP and exercise too" in order to accelerate weight loss. My thought is that even though we are seriously restricting caloric intake, if we just exercise at a low intensity such as walking, then we should be able to burn off additional fat stores on top of what IP is achieving for our bodies.

I have already been walking 4-5 miles per day and taking 15 extra grams of protein before and after. But I would like to increase that to 8-12 miles per day to burn extra fat.
__________________
mpstaton is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
Member
 
Trina M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 44

Default

Hello everyone. I'm back from my Mexican vacation and it was great. I also celebrated my 40th birthday so I have not been 100% op but am back on track!

Exercising on OP is ok just as long as u don't do too much. A friend of mine started in phase 2 and has lost over 70 lbs and when he started exercising he kept increasing but found his weight loss results weren't as good so cut down. Maybe someone with more experience on Op can give u more in site mpstaton or you could check with your coach.

Have a great day everyone!
__________________
[/url]

wk1-14, wk2-4.4' wk3-3.2, wk4-3' wk5-3.6' wk6-5.2
Trina M is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #12
Started IP 7/9/12
 
ragdoll74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 1,748

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpstaton View Post
I'm a little confused about posting protocol. Many people say to post questions on the daily thread, but it seems many posters start new threads on a specific topic or concern and they tend to get the targeted responses they are looking for. So, is it new thread or daily thread?

My question has to do with exercise. I have read many threads on exercise already, but what I would like to know is why can't we "have our IP and exercise too" in order to accelerate weight loss. My thought is that even though we are seriously restricting caloric intake, if we just exercise at a low intensity such as walking, then we should be able to burn off additional fat stores on top of what IP is achieving for our bodies.

I have already been walking 4-5 miles per day and taking 15 extra grams of protein before and after. But I would like to increase that to 8-12 miles per day to burn extra fat.
Exercise is ok as long as you aren't elevating your heart rate. Adding in the extra walking isn't going to help you lose faster because IP is so low calorie you aren't giving your body enough calories to recover. Cardio actually will slow your losses. If you want to do it because you enjoy it and feel good, go ahead and do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubie View Post
I was wondering if someone could help me? I have been doing IP for almost 2 weeks now. I have been staying OP including the olive oil and salt requirements. After I eat I am ok for almost 3 hours and then I start to get hungry. By the time it time for me to eat again....I am starving. I thought the feeling of being hungry was suppose to go away? I just can't stand being so hungry that I can barely function. Any ideas?
Hot liquids help with hunger (decaf is good because then you don't have to drink extra water)
You can reserve some of your veggies to use as snacks during the day.
2 egg whites fall into the 0/0/0 rule, so add those in as needed (no more than once a day).
You can also split your protein up and have some during lunch, and the rest at dinner.

I have my restricted item at 10am and then have my second non-restricted at 2pm. It helps me get through until dinner time. I am not hungry after dinner, so this works well for me.
__________________
started maintenance 6/14/13

Last edited by ragdoll74 : 03-09-2013 at 10:34 AM.
ragdoll74 is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #13
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,176

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

I'm on my phone road tripping so its harder to quote etc.

In response to hunger: I tend to split up meals. I have a smoothie for breakfast & have part before I leave the house and the rest a couple hours later. I usually have some peppermint tea in the Tervis tumbler I drank my smoothie in (it cleans if out). I eat part of my lunch at lunch time and the rest as a snack after school (or I have a hb egg or 2 egg whites).

Re: exercise.
IP is way more efficient in fat burning than exercise is. Exercise will be way more helpful in maintenance so it IS a good habit to start, but follow the protocol.

Re: threads
You'll find most of the longtimers don't read each thread that is started. Anyone who has been here a while hardly ever sees a "new" question. Most could be answered if individuals spent some time reading"back" and learning from those who came before. There is rarely a reason to start new threads.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
Lost 95 lbs on IP!
Link to weight loss Photos

lisa32989 is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #14
Started IP Feb 19, 2013
 
Donna Gel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Leduc, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 132

Height: 5'5"

Default Feeling a little discouraged.

Until I read these encouraging posts. Slow to wake up and get going. For breakfast I had a pancake made with IP Crispy Cearel and one fried egg. That seems to be the best for me to get going with my day, a good shot of protein. Coming up on the end of three weeks OP. WI on Tuesday.

Have a wonderful day all!!
Donna G.

Donna Gel is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #15
Started IP 3/12/12
 
fam4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 166

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default

NSV....I went shopping last night and bought a pair of size 10 petite jeans! Cool ones with sparkly pockets on the back side! Something fashionable instead of just "fitable"! When I started I was a size 24W!
__________________

fam4me is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:38 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2