Old 03-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #1  
IP Start date 12/18/12

S/C/G: 228.4/171/165

Height: 5 ft 10 inches

Default Can I just vent?

Okay. LOL. This is all going to add up to be a small issue and it got worked out but, sheesh, its been driving me crazy.

So, I've come to Florida from Texas and brought my 3 children without my husband to visit my parents. For the record, my parents are thrilled about my weight loss. Couldn't be more supportive or excited for me. They actually hadn't seen me since January and they are just floored by the changes in how I look. But I digress.

Knowing I was coming here, I ordered extra boxes of food from my center and right after my last weigh in, drove to the local UPS store and shipped, paying for a 2 day delivery (should have been last Friday) of the food so that it would get her 2 days before I arrived on Sunday. I let my parents know it was coming.

I get a call from my mother Saturday evening. Food never got here. Okay, I go online and look it up. UPS claims they tried to deliver at 7:50 PM on Friday and no one was there and they would try again on Saturday. My parents have lived at the same location for several years. The same 2 UPS drivers have their route. They know that the gate house closes at my parent's complex at 5 PM. After 5 PM no packages can get through the gate so to claim that they tried to deliver by 7:50 is a worthless statement. The food did not arrive on Saturday either, again another 'attempt' to deliver it at 7:50 PM.

Fine. I pack up what food I have at home into my suitcase (what I had wanted to avoid) and we leave for Florida at 4:15 in the morning (had to take two planes with my 3 children) and got here at about noon. I had one pre-made Strawberry-Banana drink in my carry on (which they scanned for explosives) and I drank that when we landed. (My veggies were really all over the place that day...)

Get to my parent's home and my suitcase has been searched. Guess I was randomly selected. Most of my food is gone. They'd left me 3 packets of food. I had two Orange-Mango drink mixes and a Wildberry Yogurt drink mix. All the rest. Gone. (Maybe they were thinking of trying IP??)

I drank the Yogurt this morning and my father drove down (and its a hike) to UPS and picked up my food (2 forms of ID to get it) and brought it back here so I am not equipped to be here until Friday.

I know this is really not that big of a deal but its just the kind of thing that makes me want to go AHHHHH.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Becca
BeccaGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191.4/141.2/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaGrim View Post
Okay. LOL. This is all going to add up to be a small issue and it got worked out but, sheesh, its been driving me crazy.

So, I've come to Florida from Texas and brought my 3 children without my husband to visit my parents. For the record, my parents are thrilled about my weight loss. Couldn't be more supportive or excited for me. They actually hadn't seen me since January and they are just floored by the changes in how I look. But I digress.

Knowing I was coming here, I ordered extra boxes of food from my center and right after my last weigh in, drove to the local UPS store and shipped, paying for a 2 day delivery (should have been last Friday) of the food so that it would get her 2 days before I arrived on Sunday. I let my parents know it was coming.

I get a call from my mother Saturday evening. Food never got here. Okay, I go online and look it up. UPS claims they tried to deliver at 7:50 PM on Friday and no one was there and they would try again on Saturday. My parents have lived at the same location for several years. The same 2 UPS drivers have their route. They know that the gate house closes at my parent's complex at 5 PM. After 5 PM no packages can get through the gate so to claim that they tried to deliver by 7:50 is a worthless statement. The food did not arrive on Saturday either, again another 'attempt' to deliver it at 7:50 PM.

Fine. I pack up what food I have at home into my suitcase (what I had wanted to avoid) and we leave for Florida at 4:15 in the morning (had to take two planes with my 3 children) and got here at about noon. I had one pre-made Strawberry-Banana drink in my carry on (which they scanned for explosives) and I drank that when we landed. (My veggies were really all over the place that day...)

Get to my parent's home and my suitcase has been searched. Guess I was randomly selected. Most of my food is gone. They'd left me 3 packets of food. I had two Orange-Mango drink mixes and a Wildberry Yogurt drink mix. All the rest. Gone. (Maybe they were thinking of trying IP??)

I drank the Yogurt this morning and my father drove down (and its a hike) to UPS and picked up my food (2 forms of ID to get it) and brought it back here so I am not equipped to be here until Friday.

I know this is really not that big of a deal but its just the kind of thing that makes me want to go AHHHHH.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Becca
Wow!!! All I can say is traveling sucks ( I use to do it 3 times a month and packing my food just made it more stressful) but one thing I noticed in your post is how you didn't mention giving up or cheating once. I know the old me would have said well I guess I'm not meant to diet and have an all out feast. I'd have to say this is a NSV in my mind! Congrats.
socalgirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #3  
IP Start date 12/18/12

I was quite determined not to cheat. If I had to, I was going to find the closest center here and BEG them to sell me some food.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #4  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

one of those times it seems like the universe is against you, huh?
Ojenchilada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #5  
IP Start date 12/18/12

It really did. LOL
Old 03-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Glad it all worked out!

The good news is, if you ever DO get stuck and there's not an easy solution, I can give you a list of stuff you can get at Wal Mart, CVS or Walgreens if you need it
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I think it is a big deal ,I would have torn my hair out and used some unladylike language. Congratulations on handling it so well.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #8  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

UGH! Glad everything got sorted out, my nerves would have been on edge, too.
Desafinado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Your luggage was searched? Was there a tag on your luggage or a note telling you it had been searched and stuff removed? Or was this just plain theft? I would report the missing items to the airline and let them reimburse you for them. Even if the search was legitimate, they should not have taken the IP Products. And even if you don't want reimbursed, the theft should be reported.

Just my 2 cents
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

so sorry. I had a bag of packets in a bday bag and left it by my car in my work garage. I went back to get it 2 minutes after I realized I forgot it by my car tire, and it was gone. I am still looking for the skinny chick that took my stuff
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by galpal445 View Post
Your luggage was searched? Was there a tag on your luggage or a note telling you it had been searched and stuff removed? Or was this just plain theft? I would report the missing items to the airline and let them reimburse you for them. Even if the search was legitimate, they should not have taken the IP Products. And even if you don't want reimbursed, the theft should be reported.

Just my 2 cents
I have to second this, Becca, definitely complain and get a reimbursement for the cost of what you lost! The airline is responsible for their employees stealing from passengers. I'm so sorry that happened to you, but I think you handled the whole thing beautifully! I admire your determination staying op; great job!!
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Your determination inspires me. Good for you, following through to stick to the plan.

We were go to a golf trip to Mrytle Beach a few years back and we arrived without the 4 dozen of Titleist ProV1 we packed. Was so mad that someone, TSA or luggage handler, would steal.
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #13  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaGrim View Post
Becca
Was there a notice from TSA in your bag? If not, TSA did not open your bag. Either way, it's quite often the baggage handlers working at the airports who are responsible for the bulk of the theft. As others have said you should file a report with your airline.
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #14  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

I'm so sorry for your terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day Sounds like you handled it just right, though. No need to move to Australia . Ok. I'm done quoting my favorite book.

On another note, it might be a rude awakening for whomever took your snacks. If I didn't have to eat these things, there's no way I would touch them with a 10 foot pole! Bleeeeecccch!
benice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #15  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like a NSV to me too, despite the troubles. Report that theft. I recently travelled with IP in my carry on and checked luggage and no problems.
Msbehaving is offline   Reply With Quote