Old 03-09-2013, 05:25 AM   #16  

S/C/G: HW207/SWIP190/CW134.6/GW138

Height: 5'4"

I have an amazing, Trudeau 24 oz water bottle. I make sure I drink 6 a day. Prior to IP I was drinking 3-4, so not a big change for me. The key for me is the bottle, I bring it everywhere. The secret is the soft straw. A straw is a must to get through all that water...with the straw, I can down the entire bottle in a minute or two, if I'm getting behind schedule. I try to have 3 of the 6 bottles within the first 2 hours of the day (while I have my coffee too). I have the first immediately, the second about a half hour later, and the third I have in half 30 minutes later, and the other half another 30 minutes later. I have the 4th 2 hours later, and fill the 5th immediately. The 5th and 6th usually take me longer to finish, because I'm fully hydrated at that point. I make sure I have the 5th down by lunch time, and I sip on the 6th during lunch and the afternoon...I also add in peppermint tea at that time. I make sure to be done with all water by 2:30...before IP I went potty once a night, now I go 3 times...can't imagine how often I'd be up if I drank into the evening! I have found that I easily go back to sleep after, so that's not a problem. I have multiple Trudeau bottles, I keep one at home for when I get up and one at work. Highly recommend...on amazon search 24 oz Trudeau water bottle.
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #17  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Here is what I noticed, the days I drink tons of water the next day is better on the scale. I am getting enough water but I change it around all day. Typically in morning at work I can pound plain water. By afternoon I add some drops to enhance. Also make it cold at times with ice and drinking with straws. It is certainly time consuming between filling up water bottles for the day, drinking, and for me....going to bathroom so much.
workingit50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #18  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskagirl92128 View Post
I use true lemon, not sure if that is okay though?
Yep it works great. When I have been traveling / flying, I use more true lemon or lime because it helps flush water retention.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #19  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
I hear you on the constant running to the bathroom part. Very annoying. I actually find it hard to go out shopping etc. because it is a constant bathroom hunt. And when towing two kids around and ME being the one that has to use the bathroom all the time it gets annoying. I mean I already couldn't hold a lot. I started counting at the beginning it was approx 20 times per day for me. Maybe I have a blatter problem??? Anyone else go that often?
The bathroom trips are exercise to help in the weight loss.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 03-09-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: removed signature
Donna Gel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Donna, please do NOT put a ticker in your posts. You will be able to have one after 20 days and 20 posts. At that time it can become part of your signature and will appear automatically in your posts. This rule is in place to discourage spammers. I'm sure you'll understand.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

I got this water bottle from Walmart and love it! I actually have two, one in green and one in blue. I think they were $6 each. I don't use the ice insert thing though. My work has a filtered water system and a big ice machine, so I frequently fill it up and drink throughout my 8 hour shift.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cool-Gear-...-Blue/21098704

When I'm not at work, I keep a brita filter pitcher in the fridge and the following pitcher filled with water. I love cold water. I also drink a lot of water with meals. Just keep sipping!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rubbermaid...tcher/16408613
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I add Mio to my water to mix things up. Sometimes im craving that juice flavor and they taste great. Id recommend getting it at Walmart. They sell the great value version which is quite a bit cheaper. Just dont drink it all the time, my coach told me it can slow your progress later when youre down to the last few pounds.
kpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #23  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpowers View Post
I add Mio to my water to mix things up. Sometimes im craving that juice flavor and they taste great. Id recommend getting it at Walmart. They sell the great value version which is quite a bit cheaper. Just dont drink it all the time, my coach told me it can slow your progress later when youre down to the last few pounds.
I have used Mio consistently through Phase 1, 2, 3 and now in Maintenance! Your weight loss is going to slow down as you get to the last few pounds whether you use Mio or not - as long as you are limiting your use of "extras" that are 0 calorie/0 carb/0 sugar (because they all have trace carbs) every day you won't be adding enough to your daily intake to have much of an effect. I have always stuck to 6 servings per day of ANY extras and it worked well.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #24  

I just began IP. First I would play games, for example, I can see a stoplight from my desk. I drink until the stoplight changes. Now it's more of a part of the day.
beepure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #25  

Height: 5'9"

I agree that the days I drink more water I see more weight loss.

Initially, I needed to set goals for myself. "OK by 9 AM I should be on my second bottle, by 12 PM I should be on my third bottle..." So when 8:55 AM came around & I didn't finish a bottle, I chugged! I got better at drinking regularly so I didn't have to chug & feel ill from so much water lol. Now my body craves the water.
leahrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #26  

Target sells "sugar free on-the-go packets" in different floaors. Zero carbs, 5 cals each. One packet makes a 20 oz container.

I love the margarita flavor, keep a bottle chilled in the fridge. The lemonade is ok, the cherry is tolerable.
LilacPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #27  
Starting again 06.04.2014

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
I hear you on the constant running to the bathroom part. Very annoying. I actually find it hard to go out shopping etc. because it is a constant bathroom hunt. And when towing two kids around and ME being the one that has to use the bathroom all the time it gets annoying. I mean I already couldn't hold a lot. I started counting at the beginning it was approx 20 times per day for me. Maybe I have a blatter problem??? Anyone else go that often?
I think once your body gets used to drinking the allotted amount of water each day, the bathroom trips will slow down. I've been drinking tons of water for years, so when I started IP, the water consumption wasn't an issue. However, I do remember when I started drinking so much water...the bathroom trips were more frequent than today. Hope that helps.
GetYa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:13 AM   #28  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
OMG 20 times is a lot! The most for me throughout the day has been 6 times, I don't know if that's ok or I should go more times but 2 months ago I had my kidneys tested and they are great.
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilacPants View Post
Target sells "sugar free on-the-go packets" in different floaors. Zero carbs, 5 cals each. One packet makes a 20 oz container.

I love the margarita flavor, keep a bottle chilled in the fridge. The lemonade is ok, the cherry is tolerable.
Unfortunately, the Target brand ones contain aspartame. I was just at Target yesterday and saw those. Luckily, their store brand of Mio was in sale! No nastytame in those!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Floating to thin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahrb View Post

I agree that the days I drink more water I see more weight loss.

Initially, I needed to set goals for myself. "OK by 9 AM I should be on my second bottle, by 12 PM I should be on my third bottle..." So when 8:55 AM came around & I didn't finish a bottle, I chugged! I got better at drinking regularly so I didn't have to chug & feel ill from so much water lol. Now my body craves the water.

I do the same thing...I fill two 32 oz bottles (Different colors...I start with the pink one) first thing in the AM...one MUST be down before 11 AM and the other down by3PM ...then I refill the pink one to sip/ drink until about 8 PM...mostly I finish all of that... and more this way. That is 90+ oz. Since I do enjoy caffeinated coffee in the AM...I make myself drink the "make-up water" first. I fill the mug with water while coffee is brewing...take the potassium...(gotta drink some water to do that anyway).....then can have my cuppa java!

When I started being obsessive about it, I realized more weight off at the weekly weigh in. Reading a bit on the water issue...it appears drinking 17 oz quickly actually RAISES your metabolism for a few hrs!!! Now that motivates me! Also...I bring that 32 oz water bottle in the car when running errands...and chug it as I head home to my own clean close available bath room....(thank you very much...)
It took me a while to work this routine out. Using smaller containers had me losing count... everyone's day is different...but with some planning you can do it.
(Oh..and planning means I do know EXACTLY where the potty is in all the groc stores, Walgreen's, Michael's, Joanne's and Barnes and Nobles...)
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote