IP Bars - Are they supposed to be this hard?

• I tried an IP Bar for the first time yesterday. I tried the vanilla cinnamon bar, which tasted great and killed the hunger between lunch and dinner. Unfortunately, I found the bars to be a bit hard to bite into. Are they supposed to be hard? I checked the back of the IP bar box and they don't expire until 12/2013. I guess I'm just use to eating a chewy and soft granola bar.

Is there any way to make the bars softer and easier to bite into?
  • Chewy granola bars are usually nice and soft either because of oil (fat) or honey. The IP Bars are not going to be as soft as your typical chewy bar because they can't use super fattening or super sweet ingredients like that. It also depends on the bar - some of them are more dense than others.
  • Scorbett is right. They are not super soft. However, sounds like it also could be stale. I've def gotten some stale product before (cheeze puff things). So, it can happen even if the date says something differnt.
  • Could microwaving for a couple of seconds help? I know that works for the quest bars, I've never tried on IP bars.
  • Just a fyi...I placed my IP bar in the microwave today for 15 seconds. It did the trick! It's soft and chewy just like a regular granola bar minus the oil/fat.
  • Good to know!