3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 3/8/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/277202-ip-daily-chat-friday-3-8-2013-a.html)

lisa32989 03-08-2013 06:48 AM

IP Daily Chat Friday 3/8/2013

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

sc1661cl 03-08-2013 07:14 AM

Happy Friday everyone.

scorbett1103 03-08-2013 07:23 AM

Happy Friday!

Snow day here in southern Mass. Which should be interesting, as my boys have been at each other's throats for a few days now. I'm hoping it's just a phase, but the time-outs every half hour are kind of grating on my nerves! I've tried every distraction trick in the book, they are just at a point where they're seeking each other out to tick the other one off. Le sigh.

Spiritman 03-08-2013 07:47 AM

Very happy that it's Friday. No students today and nothing but prep time - which for today means I plan on goofing off.

Yesterday was a good day in the household - SV for the wife she is down a total of 10 pounds in 3 weeks - she's still a little sad that her loss isn't as great as mine. But I keep telling her mine was/is an anomaly and out of the ordinary. It doesn't help she is having an absolutely terrible time at work right now and TOM is approaching. But she stayed strong and didn't give in to any temptations.

NSV for me was a coworker I don't see very often noticed I have been losing weight and mentioned it. That in conjunction with my clothes are starting to appear extra baggy was/is an ego boost.

Today is casual day at work so I might blow the dust off a pair of jeans I "retired" because they were too small. They might actually fit now. The day is full of possibilities. Take care all.

mrskuby 03-08-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritman (Post 4659794)
Very happy that it's Friday. No students today and nothing but prep time - which for today means I plan on goofing off.

Yesterday was a good day in the household - SV for the wife she is down a total of 10 pounds in 3 weeks - she's still a little sad that her loss isn't as great as mine. But I keep telling her mine was/is an anomaly and out of the ordinary. It doesn't help she is having an absolutely terrible time at work right now and TOM is approaching. But she stayed strong and didn't give in to any temptations.

NSV for me was a coworker I don't see very often noticed I have been losing weight and mentioned it. That in conjunction with my clothes are starting to appear extra baggy was/is an ego boost.

Today is casual day at work so I might blow the dust off a pair of jeans I "retired" because they were too small. They might actually fit now. The day is full of possibilities. Take care all.

Yay for your wife. I hope she realizes that women lose weight much slower than men. It's frustrating but it's a fact of life. You guys have it made! :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4659769)
Happy Friday!

Snow day here in southern Mass. Which should be interesting, as my boys have been at each other's throats for a few days now. I'm hoping it's just a phase, but the time-outs every half hour are kind of grating on my nerves! I've tried every distraction trick in the book, they are just at a point where they're seeking each other out to tick the other one off. Le sigh.

Ugh! Good luck with that! I don't have kids but the cats are at each others throats lately cause they are going stir crazy too! They've taken to terrorizing the dog (a wussy pitbull) so she's always cringing when they walk by her. She won't even walk down the hall if one of them is sitting there! LOL

Jeaner 03-08-2013 08:30 AM

Good morning everyone! As I have been spending lots of time reading on this site, I see a lot of you wonderful people mentioning enzymes and probiotics. I am confused. Are both of these recommended or either. What are the reasons for taking them, and when should I take them? Are there recommended brands or sources to get them. Wonderful losses this week...you all really inspire me. Have a great Friday everyone.

A1Texan 03-08-2013 08:30 AM

One-derland

I thought this day would never happen to me again. For the first time in 10 years I am back in

ONE-DERLAND.

This mini-goal has been a struggle at 2 pounds a week but so well worth it with all the compliments I'm getting.

Keep Strong everyone....it does get better :hug:

lisa32989 03-08-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1Texan (Post 4659828)
I thought this day would never happen to me again. For the first time in 10 years I am back in

ONE-DERLAND.

This mini-goal has been a struggle at 2 pounds a week but so well worth it with all the compliments I'm getting.

Keep Strong everyone....it does get better :hug:

Hurray!!!
:celebrate:
Welcome to onderland!

TrixieBesMonty 03-08-2013 08:50 AM

I just fit back into my old workout pants!!!

IdealProteinNewbie 03-08-2013 08:53 AM

Yay Texan!

anyasolomon 03-08-2013 09:00 AM

Tgif

My morning has been Great. I lost 4.8lbs this week and i decided to venture away from the usual chocolate drink that i drink every single day and opted for the Blueberry Crangranata drink. Its the closest thing to juice that i have had in 6 weeks. I am well Chuffed:D

Glover girl 03-08-2013 09:07 AM

Good morning and congrats to all on your great success! I actually managed to lose weight on vacation, a true first for me.:D I find it is much more difficult to manage everything when on the go, but like Lisa said plan, plan, plan! Hope you all have a great weekend. I am off to do housework aerobics. :dizzy:

SylviesGirl 03-08-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrskuby (Post 4659821)
I don't have kids but the cats are at each others throats lately cause they are going stir crazy too! They've taken to terrorizing the dog (a wussy pitbull) so she's always cringing when they walk by her. She won't even walk down the hall if one of them is sitting there! LOL

Awww, poor baby! I gotta admit, this made me laugh out loud a little . . . hoodlum cats, wussy pitbull . . . there's a cartoon in there somewhere.

Spiritman -- I really enjoy your posts each day, always cheerful and funny. I can relate to your wife, but she must remember that her body is an extremely complex, highly-nuanced instrument designed for many divine things . . . unlike the male body which, in the words of Elaine on Seinfeld, "Is just for gettin' around." :D

I'm taking myself out for a bit of shopping today . . . not clothes yet, but something . . . something is calling my name . . .I just need to find it. ;)

Have a good day, all.

P.S. I highly recommend the jicama-as-fried-apples thing cold. I had it for lunch yesterday, and it was lovely. The cold temp made the crunchiness seem more appropriate. There must be a lot of fiber in jicama.

Spiritman 03-08-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SylviesGirl (Post 4659895)

Spiritman -- I really enjoy your posts each day, always cheerful and funny. I can relate to your wife, but she must remember that her body is an extremely complex, highly-nuanced instrument designed for many divine things . . . unlike the male body which, in the words of Elaine on Seinfeld, "Is just for gettin' around." :D

Thank you I do my best. I think the bigger issues for my wife this week are her TOM approaching and just being extremely busy/stressed at work. I did get her to laugh when I called her "droopy drawers" She was changing out of her work clothes and I noticed her panties were saggy - from her weight loss.

On a side note from my earlier post - I was all geared up to try on my less fat jeans only to realize that I had thrown them out last month. So it's on to plan B. Wearing the current fat jeans. I must say I'm really rocking the droopy look myself today.:dizzy:

mquinn106 03-08-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1Texan (Post 4659828)

ONE-DERLAND.

Congrats Tex! I'm 19 away and can't wait!!

Hope everyone has a great OP day. Lots of shoveling in my future!