Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #31  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

A1 Texan - CONGRATS! I sooo cannot wait to be able to post that myself!!!

Scorbett - That would be why I stopped at ONE child She just picks fights with us parents, not a sibling...and I'm the boss, that's why.

TrixieBesMonty - Yeahhh about the workout pants.

Suchawittygal - Thoughts with you today for an easy surgery and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Everyone, such great losses this week!

For me, the scale finally moved. Officially .4 lb for the week, which I'm not complaining about at all because I FEEL skinny this morning. All the water retention etc is gone and I feel really good this morning.

Anyone else notice such a difference in their face they don't recognize themselves in the mirror? Yesterday, I got out of the shower and was like...WHO is that? I think I've lost the most weight in my cheeks and happily, my double chin is almost gone...but I was in my 20's the last time I had a "thin" face and now that I'm almost 40, my "thin" face doesn't look like ME anymore. Will take a while to get used to it.

Out to dinner with a friend tonight! I'm thinking a steak sounds good today...

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrats to A1Texan and Scorbett you are past your goal.

I am vacationing in Florida for the month of March and not missing the weather in upstate NY! We swam with the Manatees the other day, it was so awesome, such gentle creatures. Got to see a baby nursing (which is a very rare experience). We were going to Universal studios today, but was up last night with a backache, so we will go on monday. Today is going to be 75 degrees, my favorite temperature.

Congrats to everyone and Good Luck in surgery today suchawittygal, is it your foot? please tell me "no", I tore a tendon last august have done everything, including an 8 week cast and it is still bothering me. grrrr
It's about you today, not me. lol. I am thinking of you
Old 03-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #33  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

I am new here and I am really enjoying you all sharing your successes and failures. IT is very encouraging to me.

I have had an odd week this week. Two days of not really feeling like eating, trust me that does not happen!!

Wednesday evening while helping haul furniture out to a clients truck, I slipped on the ice and knocked myself silly (ier). Husband took me to ER because he thinks I knocked myself out.

I was in pain yesterday and the headache was massive so I really didn't eat much then either. I am feeling SO sore today, no headache, but should see improvement now as I just got back from the Chiropractor.

Did get in a brisk walk after my appointment, hoping my muscles will loosen up enough for me to get something done today.

I want to have all this excess weight off before the opening so I need to really stick to protocol.

We are heading into a few busy busy weeks. 6 weeks until the Artisan Market opens, we get the key next Thursday, 2 weeks early.

God Bless all
Donna Gel

Last edited by Donna Gel; 03-08-2013 at 11:45 AM. Reason: edited to add; I am in week three of Phase 1.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #34  
Started IP 10/29/2013

S/C/G: 204.8/141.2/120

Height: 5'3"

Just got my new drivers license and Yes I lied about my weight, but I feel good about it this time cause I know I will be that weight in another 2 months. , so it's only a little lie.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 167/152/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaner View Post
Good morning everyone! As I have been spending lots of time reading on this site, I see a lot of you wonderful people mentioning enzymes and probiotics. I am confused. Are both of these recommended or either. What are the reasons for taking them, and when should I take them? Are there recommended brands or sources to get them. Wonderful losses this week...you all really inspire me. Have a great Friday everyone.
Jeaner - I use a probiotic but I don't think it's mandatory on this diet. I do it to help me not have problems with consitpation. It really helps me be regular. I user the 365 brand probiotics from Whole Foods. I take it at night with the rest of my other pills. It kind of reminds of that Activia commerical.. if you take it, you may become more "regular".

And Happy Friday everyone! So excited about onederland for Texan! Way to GEaux! Hope you all have a skinnyfeeling day and weekend!!
Old 03-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #36  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaner View Post
Good morning everyone! As I have been spending lots of time reading on this site, I see a lot of you wonderful people mentioning enzymes and probiotics. I am confused. Are both of these recommended or either. What are the reasons for taking them, and when should I take them? Are there recommended brands or sources to get them. Wonderful losses this week...you all really inspire me. Have a great Friday everyone.
Hi Jeaner,

I started taking a probiotic about a week and half ago because I was having some serious issues with constipation, and I'm worried about using too much Smooth Move tea or any other "movement" stuff, because overuse can make the body stop working properly. The probiotics take a while to kick in, really work, but I can say that finally, I seem to have normalized...for the most part.

They are not mandatory on the diet at all, and I'm not sure if there's no issue they're needed. Some people take them all the time, even before this diet, there's nothing wrong with them, and they're supposed to be good for the body.

I just picked up one from Walmart that was mid-range in price (they're pretty expensive) and they're just one a day (I take it with breakfast).

Last edited by leannekarella; 03-08-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #37  
IP diet initiation 3/4/13

S/C/G: 203.4/196/160-size 10

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyasolomon View Post
My morning has been Great. I lost 4.8lbs this week and i decided to venture away from the usual chocolate drink that i drink every single day and opted for the Blueberry Crangranata drink. Its the closest thing to juice that i have had in 6 weeks. I am well Chuffed
Congrats Any! I was just in Cayman in December. The lady in your picture looks like a lady I met, Robin from The Anchorage.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
P.S. I highly recommend the jicama-as-fried-apples thing cold. I had it for lunch yesterday, and it was lovely. The cold temp made the crunchiness seem more appropriate. There must be a lot of fiber in jicama.
What are you saying Sylvie?? Does it help with "processing"
Old 03-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Question:Is big mac in a bowl phase 1 approved?

I hope so, I made it last night.....
Old 03-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Congrats on getting to onederland texan!!

Well, MA is covered in snow again. I thought it was only supposed to be a few inches but there's about a foot and a half out there. I just got back in from digging my car out and that snow was HEAVY. I think I pulled a muscle in my chest. So, now I'm relaxing and eating a bar and some water. I have to leave for work in an hour and am not excited about driving. Everyone is saying the roads are HORRIBLE.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Scorbett Throw them outside and tell them they can't come in until the tips of their noses are blue. Or they can come help my husband shovel.

A1Texan Congrats!!!! You are doing so well!!

Bella3123 So exciting about your wedding. Can I PM you my addy?? I need a wedding to go to so I can buy a really cute dress.

4mom For the win!!! Best TGIF post ever!!

I had WI today. Another 4lbs gone. WOW. Absolutely no mention of alternatives. Bought what I needed from IP to bring on the trip. Have one more WI next week. SO SO close to onderland. Don't know if I'll weigh myself in Ireland. You know I'll freak if I go up.
Now I still can't find anything to fit me. I should have thought about a light jacket sooner.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

NinjaNurse: I spy someone that's halfway to goal
Old 03-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Congrats on getting to onederland texan!!

Well, MA is covered in snow again. I thought it was only supposed to be a few inches but there's about a foot and a half out there. I just got back in from digging my car out and that snow was HEAVY. I think I pulled a muscle in my chest. So, now I'm relaxing and eating a bar and some water. I have to leave for work in an hour and am not excited about driving. Everyone is saying the roads are HORRIBLE.
We only have 4-6inches here. It's wet and gross though. But I hate all snow unless it's on a postcard or I am looking at it while sitting inside next to a roaring fire.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #44  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Went to clinic this morning and have some updates regarding "New" Phase 1 sheet and other things.

First off - down 3lbs! If I can pull off a swoosh this coming week I might hit Onederland myself (already there according to right out of the shower weight but I use the clinic record - with clothes of course - for my signiture).

As far as a "new" Phase 1 sheet - there isn't one, but they have tweaked the last one:
-raw spinach can be counted as part of your 4 cups a day OR as an unlimited item, whichever way you want to count it.
-they've removed the "if it's 0/0/0 it's okay" and now it's "if it's not on the sheet it isn't ok" - don't shoot the messanger I'm just passing it along
-salt allowance is going from 1/2 tsp to 1/4 tsp but they have a reformulated salt with added minerals
-she confirmed (disagreement on another thread) the 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites equals your 8oz protein
-the new potassium pills are out but they're just saying wait until your old ones run out before getting the new ones
-Novi-lax is being reformulated - most clinics are currently out of stock of the old formula

There was probably something else but my memory is like a colander so I was lucky to hold that much info.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #45  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Went to clinic this morning and have some updates regarding "New" Phase 1 sheet and other things.

First off - down 3lbs! If I can pull off a swoosh this coming week I might hit Onederland myself (already there according to right out of the shower weight but I use the clinic record - with clothes of course - for my signature).

As far as a "new" Phase 1 sheet - there isn't one, but they have tweaked the last one:
-raw spinach can be counted as part of your 4 cups a day OR as an unlimited item, whichever way you want to count it.
-they've removed the "if it's 0/0/0 it's okay" and now it's "if it's not on the sheet it isn't ok" - don't shoot the messenger I'm just passing it along
-salt allowance is going from 1/2 tsp to 1/4 tsp but they have a reformulated salt with added minerals
-she confirmed (disagreement on another thread) the 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites equals your 8oz protein
-the new potassium pills are out but they're just saying wait until your old ones run out before getting the new ones
-Novi-lax is being reformulated - most clinics are currently out of stock of the old formula

There was probably something else but my memory is like a colander so I was lucky to hold that much info.
Wow grats on 3 lbs! that's great!
I wonder if they are coming out with their own dressings/condiments? The WF is 0/0/0 but of course it isn't all that for everyone. Mio, sugar free syrups to shake up some shakes for variety, and other items also would make this a more difficult journey. I guess using alternatives in my case I will continue to use that 0/0/0 rule of thumb. It's worked for me, and many others. Still, makes me wonder if they are planning on coming out with more products to fill that void. They have lightened up with the colored bell peppers, and egg whites in the 8 months I've been on plan. The spinage change is a big change for unlimited. It is hard to think about them tightening up something that small as 0/0/0 without having a replacement for it.

Last edited by Halfagain; 03-08-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Closed Thread