IP Daily Chat Friday 3/8/2013

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: Wow grats on 3 lbs! that's great!
    I wonder if they are coming out with their own dressings/condiments? The WF is 0/0/0 but of course it isn't all that for everyone. Mio, sugar free syrups to shake up some shakes for variety, and other items also would make this a more difficult journey.
    There's one of the things that slipped through the colander. WF stuff is still okay. My guess is they have some under the table deal with them.

Also I've been feeling really rundown in the afternoon and my coach suggested my electrolytes might be low so to drink a bottle of PowerAde Zero once a day. That's not on the list but I didn't ask her if that was IP approved or just her recommendation.
  • Quote: Went to clinic this morning and have some updates regarding "New" Phase 1 sheet and other things.

First off - down 3lbs! If I can pull off a swoosh this coming week I might hit Onederland myself (already there according to right out of the shower weight but I use the clinic record - with clothes of course - for my signiture).

As far as a "new" Phase 1 sheet - there isn't one, but they have tweaked the last one:
    -raw spinach can be counted as part of your 4 cups a day OR as an unlimited item, whichever way you want to count it.
    -they've removed the "if it's 0/0/0 it's okay" and now it's "if it's not on the sheet it isn't ok" - don't shoot the messanger I'm just passing it along
    -salt allowance is going from 1/2 tsp to 1/4 tsp but they have a reformulated salt with added minerals
    -she confirmed (disagreement on another thread) the 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites equals your 8oz protein
    -the new potassium pills are out but they're just saying wait until your old ones run out before getting the new ones
    -Novi-lax is being reformulated - most clinics are currently out of stock of the old formula

There was probably something else but my memory is like a colander so I was lucky to hold that much info.
    Do you know what the difference in the "new" potassium pills are? I have issues with my body hoarding it, and if they mess with what I'm already doing under my GP's orders...ugh!

I've been eating spinach as unlimited greens since the beginning, so yea, I'm not breaking rules anymore LOL.

There's a LOT of things that are 0/0/0 not on the sheet. I'm not changing that in my life. Jeesh. Here, let's take away even more flavor and expect you to follow the diet.

Thank you for the update!
  • Quote: Do you know what the difference in the "new" potassium pills are? I have issues with my body hoarding it, and if they mess with what I'm already doing under my GP's orders...ugh!

I've been eating spinach as unlimited greens since the beginning, so yea, I'm not breaking rules anymore LOL.

There's a LOT of things that are 0/0/0 not on the sheet. I'm not changing that in my life. Jeesh. Here, let's take away even more flavor and expect you to follow the diet.

Thank you for the update!
    I believe they are smaller with less of a dose per pill. DW has had a hard time with them so I've been splitting them 4 ways so she can take them throughout the day versus having 1 big pill in the morning.

I imagine most people on here will stick to what's working for them. The changes are great to follow if you're just starting out but lots of people are using alternatives and lots of people have lost just fine under the old guidelines. I was happy to follow the sheet verbatum when I first started but I have a feel for Phase 1 now so think I can have a Quest Bar instead of a IP Chocolate Drink Mix and not ruin the program.
  • Quote: There's a LOT of things that are 0/0/0 not on the sheet. I'm not changing that in my life. Jeesh. Here, let's take away even more flavor and expect you to follow the diet.
    Thanks for the giggle! There is a "welcoming" luncheon in the conf room and they brought Red Hot and Blue BBQ and Potato salad (my weakness) , sammiches, snacks, and warm cookies. If this isn't temptation, I don't know what is. So I've secluded myself in an office where I can't even smell
  • Just came in from shoveling and agree with Anna...it is heavy, heavy wet snow!! Ugh. My husband is recovering from an Achilles tendon rupture (surgery 9 days ago) and couldn't help. I told him between the blizzard and this snow storm I deserve a beach vacation. Enoying my decaf and egg whites now while I warm up.

Congrats on all of the great losses this week!!
  • Quote: Very happy that it's Friday. No students today and nothing but prep time - which for today means I plan on goofing off.

Yesterday was a good day in the household - SV for the wife she is down a total of 10 pounds in 3 weeks - she's still a little sad that her loss isn't as great as mine. But I keep telling her mine was/is an anomaly and out of the ordinary. It doesn't help she is having an absolutely terrible time at work right now and TOM is approaching. But she stayed strong and didn't give in to any temptations.

NSV for me was a coworker I don't see very often noticed I have been losing weight and mentioned it. That in conjunction with my clothes are starting to appear extra baggy was/is an ego boost.

Today is casual day at work so I might blow the dust off a pair of jeans I "retired" because they were too small. They might actually fit now. The day is full of possibilities. Take care all.
    I love that you can come on here and talk about your wife's TOM, her droopy drawers, and your droopy drawers!!! Congrats on having droopy drawers - the PLUS side of losing weight!

Quote: I thought this day would never happen to me again. For the first time in 10 years I am back in

ONE-DERLAND.

This mini-goal has been a struggle at 2 pounds a week but so well worth it with all the compliments I'm getting.

Keep Strong everyone....it does get better

Quote: I'm pretty damn happy today. I'm down 3.0 lbs with my cast on. That means I'm probably down closer to 3.8 lbs. I'm finally into the 140's!!

Surgery is in exactly 8 hours....ugh...I can't eat anything or take any of my supplements all day.
    Good luck in surgery and congrats on your "3.8" lbs.

Quote: Haha! I just got one of those "Did you change your hair?" questions from one of the guys at work! I almost started laughing! I just said "Well, I brushed it this morning"...So I'll take that as a compliment since he noticed something had changed!
    HAHA "..I brushed it this morning". That's so funny!
  • Quote: I love that you can come on here and talk about your wife's TOM, her droopy drawers, and your droopy drawers!!! Congrats on having droopy drawers - the PLUS side of losing weight!
    The only downside thus far with the droopy drawers is that on no fewer than two occassions today - because my pants are too big - my pants zipper has been undone.

The horse is much more likely to get out if the barn door is open if you know what I mean.
  • Bread was taunting me across the lunch table!
    I went out to lunch today with my coworkers and I'm so proud that I stuck to the plan. Had incredible grilled scallops, salad and some spinach so I will count this as my main meal for the day and stay OP for dinner with a packet and veggies. The bread was calling my name across the table, "Come over little girl..." but I resisted. Especially when my coworkers were piling fresh shave parmesan and olive oil on their plates to soak into the bread! It's a little scary to eat out right now because I could easily slip up "just a little' Only into week 3 so still fighting the urge. Love all of the advice on this forum.
  • Thanks to leannekarella and Dontgiveup for the info about probiotics. This sounds like something I should keep in mind! By the way I love how everyone seems to enjoy their "new suits" and have such good attitudes! Congrats to all with good WIs.
  • I've been using probiotics for years. They are useful in building up the good bacteria in your body which can lead to becoming more "regular" and overall health benefits.

They are especially useful if you're taking any sort of antibiotic which essentially kills all bacteria, both good and bad!
  • Quote: There's one of the things that slipped through the colander. WF stuff is still okay. My guess is they have some under the table deal with them.

Also I've been feeling really rundown in the afternoon and my coach suggested my electrolites might be low so to drink a bottle of PowerAde Zero once a day. That's not on the list but I didn't ask her if that was IP approved or just her recommendation.
    I read a while back that Powerade Zero was "now approved" by IP.

I have to use it to balance my electrolytes when I get that run-down feeling...dealing with the potassium/salt issue. My body is very picky about how much of everything it gets...sigh.
  • Question: Can I use canned crushed tomatoes for a vegetable? I think the limit for tomatoes is once per week. These have no added sugar, etc. I would like to add a bit of a tomato "sauce" to my ground beef for a chili effect. If so, what quantity? Thanks.
  • Quote: Question: Can I use canned crushed tomatoes for a vegetable? I think the limit for tomatoes is once per week. These have no added sugar, etc. I would like to add a bit of a tomato "sauce" to my ground beef for a chili effect. If so, what quantity? Thanks.
    You can use tomato as a "restricted veggie" - we can have 2 cups TOTAL of restricted veggie per week.

I had a few recipes that I used canned crushed tomato. 1/4 cup of crushed tomato is about equivalent to 1 cup chopped tomato.
  • Quote: You can use tomato as a "restricted veggie" - we can have 2 cups TOTAL of restricted veggie per week.

I had a few recipes that I used canned crushed tomato. 1/4 cup of crushed tomato is about equivalent to 1 cup chopped tomato.
    Fabulous, Scorbett, thanks! I know you hear it all the time, but you really are an invaluable resource. Thanks again.