Old 03-01-2013, 11:38 PM   #1  
Started IP 2/22/13

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 5'2"

Red face Need Advise on Phase I

Hello to all I've been reading all the threads and I am glad that most of you are
doing great. I've been doing this for a week lost 5 lbs which is great 30 lbs to go.. Can you guys suggest any alternative good packaged food to eat? And how many minutes do you microwave their soup? I don't really like the taste of it but I am sticking to this program. I got the mushroom soup and the chicken soup. I love their capuccino drink.. Any suggestion will be a big help on what other IP food is good for Phase I. Thanks for your time.
Blessings2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #2  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessings2all View Post
Hello to all I've been reading all the threads and I am glad that most of you are
doing great. I've been doing this for a week lost 5 lbs which is great 30 lbs to go.. Can you guys suggest any alternative good packaged food to eat? And how many minutes do you microwave their soup? I don't really like the taste of it but I am sticking to this program. I got the mushroom soup and the chicken soup. I love their capuccino drink.. Any suggestion will be a big help on what other IP food is good for Phase I. Thanks for your time.
Check out the Alternative threads. There's TONs of info there.

As for the soups... To make them taste better, I mix in some home made veggie soup. I don't care for them straight, except the mushroom. I always cook mine on the stovetop because every time I try microwaving, they kind of explode. You do not want to boil them EVER, or they re-clump.

Honestly, every single one of us has different tastes. It really is trial and error to find out what you might like. We've all "suffered" through the ucky stuff we didn't like...and what one person didn't like, another one loves. My personal favorite is the chicken a la king. I LOVE it and could eat it every day.

Welcome! And yeaaa on the 5 lbs.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
All the IP food is good for Phase 1 That's what it's made for! Everyone's tastes are different, plus what tastes bad to you now may become something you like later on - tastes change the longer you are on the diet. The best suggestion I can offer is to keep an open mind and be willing to try things - packets, new veggies, recipes....there are TONS of ways to make this diet work for you, just be willing to branch out!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/191/160Started IP 1-23-13

Height: 5'5"

There is a recipe in this forum for making flat bread with the soup packets. I will be trying it this weekend. The flat bread will be great with the unlimited salad

My tip is to spend some time in the recipe threads, so you can make new foods with the IP packets. That has helped me tremendously the past few weeks.
50harvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #5  
Started IP 2/22/13

Talking Thanks ...

Thanks for all your response . That's why I signed up on this site to hear out each one of you going through this Phase. I will check out the recipe for me to have a variety of food that I can take. :cool I will definitely stick to this program with all your support and encouragements.

By the way how do I go to the recipe's? :C Sorry I'm not familiar with this site. Could you please guide me? Thanks again.

Last edited by Blessings2all; 03-02-2013 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Added more info
Old 03-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/191/160Started IP 1-23-13

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks for all your response . That's why I signed up on this site to hear out each one of you going through this Phase. I will check out the recipe for me to have a variety of food that I can take. :cool I will definitely stick to this program with all your support and encouragements.

By the way how do I go to the recipe's? :C Sorry I'm not familiar with this site. Could you please guide me? Thanks again.
Sure...click on the first "Sticky" post near the top of forum page. There a links to the recipe threads in that Sticky.
50harvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #7  

There are also links to recipes in the first post of every daily/weekend chat thread.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #8  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

I always sauté fresh garlic, mushrooms, mixed diced bell peppers in a little olive oil. Then I add the IP soup mixed up. I love the broccoli cheese soup this way. Also the chicken soup, a la king, leek soup, and herb cheese omelet. Yum!!

Today I had broc cheese soup this way with some fresh broc in it. It's been 8 months and I still love it!!

Last edited by joysh; 03-07-2013 at 11:10 PM.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:24 AM   #9  
Started IP 2/22/13

Thanks for your reply it really helps me a lot reading all these threads. I am trying hard to like the IP foods unfortunately I am a very picky eater :C I'm trying to stick to the soups I chose and alternate them but at times I feel like throwing up and couldn't finish it. Any suggestions on any drinks I can take. I feel like I am wasting my money buying so many IP products that I can not even take.. Whenever I go to my clinic I can not do any trades because most of it was mine.. :C Are the chocolate shakes good or can I just go to health store to buy any protein shakes? I've seen some blogs mentioning EAS shakes ... will this be ok to take? Really need any help or suggestions from you all.. Thanks so much for your time...
Old 03-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW207/SWIP190/CW134.6/GW138

Height: 5'4"

Give the pudding a try. When I get burnt out on the soups, I switch to lemon or chocolate pudding with 2 cups diced cucumber mixed with chopped slice of pickle, salt and 1 tbsp WF thousand island...basically, cucumber salad with pudding for desert!
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #11  

I can live on the puddings. I have tried the soups and other packets but go back to the puddings because I love them, and I also grab some of the pre-mixed drinks if I need a meal in a rush.
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:06 AM   #12  
Started IP 2/22/13

Thank you so much. Didn't think about the puddings. I got IP strawberry banana and it is good. It's been my 2nd week already and lost 3 more pounds.. thanks for all your blogs and ideas on how to make this diet easier for me..
Any suggestions for protein bar that will be good for Phase 1.. not the IP brand so I could just go to GNC or any health food store.. Thanks again.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Thank you so much. Didn't think about the puddings. I got IP strawberry banana and it is good. It's been my 2nd week already and lost 3 more pounds.. thanks for all your blogs and ideas on how to make this diet easier for me..
Any suggestions for protein bar that will be good for Phase 1.. not the IP brand so I could just go to GNC or any health food store.. Thanks again.
Read through the Alternatives threads - many posts about products that work with Phase 1 and where you can buy them.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote