3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

What can I do, don't care for meat.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
Started IP Feb 19, 2013
 
Donna Gel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Leduc, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 132

Height: 5'5"

Default What can I do, don't care for meat.

I am in week 3 of Phase one.
I am not a meat eater nor am I a vegetarian. I can eat meat, just don't care for it. Since I was having so much trouble eating the required amount at dinner, my coach suggested I split it between lunch and dinner. I use my lunch pack for afternoon snack. Can I split the protein between 3 meals. Is there a reason I can't have a protein pack with a salad made with 4 oz of chicken?

I an going to try tofu, but I'm not optimistic.

My coach went to Mexico for 2 weeks, the nerve, so I can't ask her.
For the last two days I haven't' eaten much, I have had no appetite. Today I will force myself to eat.
Donna Gel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
I am in week 3 of Phase one.
I am not a meat eater nor am I a vegetarian. I can eat meat, just don't care for it. Since I was having so much trouble eating the required amount at dinner, my coach suggested I split it between lunch and dinner. I use my lunch pack for afternoon snack. Can I split the protein between 3 meals. Is there a reason I can't have a protein pack with a salad made with 4 oz of chicken?

I an going to try tofu, but I'm not optimistic.

My coach went to Mexico for 2 weeks, the nerve, so I can't ask her.
For the last two days I haven't' eaten much, I have had no appetite. Today I will force myself to eat.
there's no reason at all you can't split up your protein between lunch and dinner (including having meat along with your protein pack at lunch) - MANY people rearrange their "real" food around what works for them. On this particular diet, what matters most is getting ALL the food in every day - how you break it up can be tailored to what is best for you.
__________________
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 79

Height: 5'2 1/2

Default

Quote:
I an going to try tofu, but I'm not optimistic.
The thing with tofu is that it flavorless unless you cook it up with some spices to give it flavor. I have to eat a different protein every night or else I get bored. Do you like eggs? Seafood?
__________________


1.11.14. 3rd restart
2.15.14. Under 200lbs
9.17.14 Half way to goal!



IntheEvening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
Started IP January 11/13
 
Cheekyskeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 392

S/C/G: 182/146/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

Absolutely split your protein up however it will work for you. As Scorbett said as long as you eat everything you're supposed to it doesn't matter when or how you do it. I was never a huge meat eater before either but now I look forward to it...
__________________
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Debrasb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 228

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Default

The ideas shared are all really good. I have a terriyaki tofu recipe that my family loves, and I really didn't like tofu before I made this. It's addictive! Here it is:

http://www.unlimitedlettuce.com/2013...d-veggies.html
__________________
Blogging phase 1 recipes at www.unlimitedlettuce.com. Happy healthy cooking!

Debrasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
zoesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 1,118

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Default

Have you tried seitan? As a life long off and on again vegetarian, I greatly enjoy it...of course, I like tofu too. But in any case, my husband tends to like seitan as well. He calls it bread without the bread, but really. it is mock meat. You can find some crazy easy recipes to make your own, or you can buy it. I prefer to make my own, but that is because I like having the ability to choose my flavor...and make it into "smoked ribs".

Also...if you are not a fan of tofu, an easy one to ease into is tofu alfredo. I can get my entire family to eat it, even my super picky three year old. It tastes great and the opinion seems to be the same for everyone...they prefer it over regular alfredo...and the thing with the tofu alfredo...it counts as a super lean protein and the sauce can be used over pasta (which is a no-no for me and my diet) or steamed veggies (which is what I do.)

When I get home later today, I will dig up both my recipes, if you are interested, and post both the recipes and nutritional values.
__________________



Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13
Stage 2: Moderate Obesity BMI - completed 11/26/13; ONDERLAND; Overweight BMI
Stage 3: work in progress

One for every 10 pounds lost:
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
IP start date 12/12/12
 
mrskuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 344

S/C/G: 185.8/182.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
Have you tried seitan? As a life long off and on again vegetarian, I greatly enjoy it...of course, I like tofu too. But in any case, my husband tends to like seitan as well. He calls it bread without the bread, but really. it is mock meat. You can find some crazy easy recipes to make your own, or you can buy it. I prefer to make my own, but that is because I like having the ability to choose my flavor...and make it into "smoked ribs".

Also...if you are not a fan of tofu, an easy one to ease into is tofu alfredo. I can get my entire family to eat it, even my super picky three year old. It tastes great and the opinion seems to be the same for everyone...they prefer it over regular alfredo...and the thing with the tofu alfredo...it counts as a super lean protein and the sauce can be used over pasta (which is a no-no for me and my diet) or steamed veggies (which is what I do.)

When I get home later today, I will dig up both my recipes, if you are interested, and post both the recipes and nutritional values.
Okay, so I read your post and immediately went in search of a recipe...I found quite a few in my google search! I am so going to buy some tofu and making this tonite! I've been missing creamy sauces and I think this will hit the spot! I'll post tomorrow!
__________________

WEEK 1: 3LBS
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
zoesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 1,118

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Okay, so I read your post and immediately went in search of a recipe...I found quite a few in my google search! I am so going to buy some tofu and making this tonite! I've been missing creamy sauces and I think this will hit the spot! I'll post tomorrow!
Make sure you get "silken" or "soft" for sauces and drain it completely!!! (Common mistake amongst first time tofu-ers.)
__________________



Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13
Stage 2: Moderate Obesity BMI - completed 11/26/13; ONDERLAND; Overweight BMI
Stage 3: work in progress

One for every 10 pounds lost:

Last edited by zoesmom : 03-06-2013 at 12:24 PM.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 16

Default

Can you follow a vegetarian diet on IP?
Mantuagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #10
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantuagirl View Post
Can you follow a vegetarian diet on IP?
Yep - it's definitely more challenging but there are a few vegetarians on the boards who follow IP!
__________________
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #11
Started IP Feb 19, 2013
 
Donna Gel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Leduc, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 132

Height: 5'5"

Default

Good then I will split my protein up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Do you like eggs? Seafood?
Eggs yes, seafood no.

I haven't tried Seiten. Think I will give tofu a try first.
What I bought was tofu noodles. Thought that might be a good place to start.

The fact that I ate very little the past 2 days, has that thrown me out of keytosis?
Donna Gel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #12
IP start date 12/12/12
 
mrskuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 344

S/C/G: 185.8/182.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
Make sure you get "silken" or "soft" for sauces and drain it completely!!! (Common mistake amongst first time tofu-ers.)
Okay, some of the recipes I saw said no to drain it but to use the liquid in the blender...(and I am def a first time tofu-er! LOL)
__________________

WEEK 1: 3LBS
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 16

Default

Thanks for the answer Scorbett. I am a vegetarian that is intrigued by IP.
Mantuagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
zoesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 1,118

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Okay, some of the recipes I saw said no to drain it but to use the liquid in the blender...(and I am def a first time tofu-er! LOL)
hmmmmm....well....hmmmmm. I know for me, the only time I do not drain is when I am making a soup. The liquid tends to sometimes have a very strong flavor or can make a recipe not cook up right. If you found recipes that explictly state not to drain, then they must have a reason...such as not using any other liquid such as milk or water. I'll say go with it as per the recipe. But make sure to get silken or soft (preferably silken.) Anything else used in a sauce will give it a grainy texture, and when you are looking for creamy, that just doesn't cut it!
__________________



Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13
Stage 2: Moderate Obesity BMI - completed 11/26/13; ONDERLAND; Overweight BMI
Stage 3: work in progress

One for every 10 pounds lost:
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
JODIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 29

S/C/G: 204/190/170

Height: 5'8"

Default

How about eggs..?
JODIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2