Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 3/5/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Up most of the night with a sick baby. On the up-side, I did finally type up my recipe for spiced meatballs with red pepper sauce (100% OP, of course).

It's posted here: www.unlimitedlettuce.com.
Enjoy!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/144/135.

Height: 5'2"

Default Yesterday dh asked me if this was a "fun" diet

You have got to be kidding me. This is of course coming from a man that has never had an issue with weight.

On the "bright" side i did go down 2 pounds and 4 inches at WI yesterday. Slowed down but averaging 3 lbs a week and i guess it really is the inches that are adding up. Got into a size 10 jeans. ( ok, so maybe they were tight, not freshly washed and dried, but they zipped- ok, and i didnt try sitting down, but the zipped).

Bummed, i had planned on chocolate muffins today but i left my mixer at work. Guess i'll make them tonight and have them tomorrow.

Anyone ever warm the cappuccino drink too much? OMG. Horrible! I guess I'll stick to having it over ice.

Cold loosening up, feeling better and i have a sexy voice.

Enough rambling for today.

Oh, do have a question about oil? I saw some use coconut oil for cooking? Is that in a liquid form or solid when cold? I have aome of the solid kind already. I do need to use some sort of oil. We have many birds, ( and some expensive ones that we are pretty attached too) so non-stick pans are not allowed.

Thanks. Happy tuesday.

Jac

Thanks
Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Hi everyone! I am back after having a miscarriage at 6 weeks. Things have been so crazy lately I have no clue what's going on. I was 10lbs away from my goal when I found out I was pregnant, and I phased off over 5 days and was keeping up with maintenance until this week. I felt like I was out of control with what was happening to my body and I needed some guidance to put something in my life back in my control. I emailed my coach who was on her way out of the country for holiday...she told me to get back onto P3 until I can see her next week. I have gained about 5lbs back since being on maintenance, but my body and life are so wonky it was to be expected.

I've been lurking on and off over the past few weeks and keeping up with everyone. Congrats on all the losses and NSV's and to all the newbies!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #5  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post
Hi everyone! I am back after having a miscarriage at 6 weeks. Things have been so crazy lately I have no clue what's going on. I was 10lbs away from my goal when I found out I was pregnant, and I phased off over 5 days and was keeping up with maintenance until this week. I felt like I was out of control with what was happening to my body and I needed some guidance to put something in my life back in my control. I emailed my coach who was on her way out of the country for holiday...she told me to get back onto P3 until I can see her next week. I have gained about 5lbs back since being on maintenance, but my body and life are so wonky it was to be expected.

I've been lurking on and off over the past few weeks and keeping up with everyone. Congrats on all the losses and NSV's and to all the newbies!
I am so sorry for your loss, very difficult emotionally, be kind to yourself
Old 03-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #6  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

I am having trouble sleeping through the night. Ketosis is giving me so much energy. I lost 1.2 on my scale this morning but I am wired starting at 4:00 am. Anyone else?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:

So very sorry to hear of your loss. Good for you to stay strong for your body and not let things get too crazy food-wise. Hang in there!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/218/165

Height: 5'3

Today's week 5 WI for me...and I'm hoping for measurements too! As of week 4, I was down around 17lbs. Measurements were taken at week 2 and I had lost 7inches total....so I'm hoping they get done again, as I feel a lot different!

Not been sleeping the best. One of my Great Danes had puppies a week ago, and she's been getting me up 3-4 times a night to go outside....though on the plus side, atleast she's not going in the house! lol But that should settle down soon.....and the puppies are definately worth it

I do have a question, if anyone can help.....as of sunday evening, almost every time I have an IP food, I feel slightly nauseous after eating...and sometimes and I have to force myself to finish my portion. I didn't notice it after eating a bar (cookies&cream) but did notice after eating pudding (banana) and the plain omelet (made into a souffle with WF strawberry spread). I also didn't notice it after I made bruschetta (using the tomato basil soup as a bread), or after eating dinner. I was thinking that maybe my stomach is rebelling because I have had the pudding and omelet mix quite a bit since starting.....anyone else have any ideas?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #9  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:

So sorry for your loss...I hope you are taking care of yourself and not worrying too much about the 5 lbs...You know from experience how easy it will come off when you start IP again.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #10  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Hmm..I stepped on the scale again this morning and I'm down again! So glad I stuck to the plan!! I believe I can finally say that I lost 25 lbs! I've kinda been hovering right around that mark. So my next mini goal was gonna be getting out of the 160's...I think that will happen sooner than later! Yay!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

EPARN - My heart goes out to you and your family. Be kind to yourself over the weight gain. Give your mind and body time to heal.

Gonna really try - No offense to all the men IPer's. But seriously, this perfectly highlights the differences between men and women! I have a skinny hubby too, and he doesn't understand the weight struggles. He just tells me I need to go to the gym more...Gotta love em, right?

Debrasb - Me too. Hope your little one is feeling better. Nothing will do but Mom when the kiddos don't feel well! Especially at night. Having extra coffee today to pull me through!

We are having a snow day! School is cancelled. Plus my youngest is sick with a messy cold. I can't really send her to swimming when she's coughing and blowing shoestrings out her nose! My oldest is VERY excited to stay home. I told him it was a fun day and we could do fun things all day! He is currently melting his brain playing video games
Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #12  
Started IP 2/22/13

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/130

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone. Let me start by saying I am so very sorry for your loss EPAPRN. My heart is breaking for you. I'm still feeling great. Going to get out and walk today. Hoping it will speed up inch loss. Have to work later...so have a great day everyone. TTYL
Old 03-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 0/9/40

Height: 5' 1.25"

Default Jeaner

Hi Everyone.....what a wonderful, helpful site. I have been "lurking" here myself for a few weeks and I am getting so excited to start my IP program. I have a short vacation starting in a few days and chose not to start before I really had a few weeks to get a handle on what I am doing. I wanted to start posting some so that I can soon get my "credentials" and have a signature. I am planning on starting the week of the 18th. Thanks so much for all of the tips, hints, recipes, inspiration and encouragement from everyone.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #14  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

EPAPRN I'm so sorry for your loss.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #15  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

I too am so very very sorry for your loss!!!!

Jeaner welcome and I think it's a great idea to learn all you can before starting. I wish I had done that (but it is all working out).

sahmmommy2 lucky you having a snow day! Although to be honest even though I'd have loved a day at home today I'm glad the snow is holding off....well until tomorrow as we are expecting some then apparently.

Mrskuby congrats on the loss!!!

countrychic that's awesome about the puppies!!! I love danes. I get up a lot in the night but can't really blame my dogs for it ....I just don't sleep well (even before IP).

workingit50 I too am wired by 4am and do my best to stay in bed as long as possible (thank goodness for my iPhone to keep me occupied). But I've had sleep issues for years.

debrasb I hope your baby feels better soon.

gonna really try congrats on the loss and I hope you're feeling better soon. I've been lucky and haven't caught any of the many illnesses that seem to be flying around here.

I was quite excited to step on the scale and see 159.6....I was at 159.9 yesterday but wasn't sure if it would 'stick'....but today was lower so I'm officially under 160....woohooooo I'm still debating as to how much lower I want to go. My DH thinks I should stop now but I'm not sure I'm ready to phase off. Is anyone else still surprised every morning when you get up and look in the mirror? I still expect to see the larger me....
Closed Thread