Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 222/192/165

Height: 5'9"

Epaprn...I am sorry for your loss, remember it is nothing that you did, just really disappointing I know.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #17  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Gonna really try......Hello fellow Wisconsinite.....I'm from Eau Claire, where are you located?

EPAPRN.....so sorry for your loss.

Been a while since I posted and haven't had as much time to keep up with everyone. But, I really miss it! Going to start making time again!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #18  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Visiting my mom in hospital waiting for her Doctor to round.
He see me tells me I look awesome and asks me how much weight I lost.
He 's says he did not realize I was so small because I always have a coat on.
So nice to have a professional opinion that was non solicited.
I am so blessed to have him as our family Doctor!
Can't wait till the next time I need to see him and now I will let his office staff weigh me .
Roo2
Old 03-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #19  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Unhappy Discouraged and Worried

First, EPAPRN, so sorry for your loss. Be gentle with yourself in the coming weeks.

Okay, as for me . . . I really don't want to be whiny about disappointing losses, but I am getting into this bad head-space where I am beginning to think that this plan, too, will not work for me. I need some help. . .

WI #1 was great, -10.5 . . . but, in all honestly, with all the "last suppers" I had leading up to my IP start, I am sure much of that was water and "new weight" based on really bad eating . . .

WI #2 was 'meh,' - 1.5. I chalked it up to the big loss the week before and TOM.

WI #3 is due tomorrow. I weighed early as I have not really felt like I have lost anything, don't have that "boy, I'm losing weight" feeling, etc. As of this morning, I'm down .5 for the week.

This is what always seems to happen to me. I start out great and lose and then it is like my body catches on and everything stops. I eventually get discouraged enough and quit. I don't want to do that this time.

Question: I have a pesky ovarian cyst that gives me trouble around ovulation time, which this is. (My apology to the guys around here.) I usually have a couple bad nights' sleep and need more than a few doses of Advil to get me through. Will that impede my weight loss?

Next Question: For those of you who have been around here a while, have you seen this plan simply not work for anyone? It seems that by simply doing that math, it would be impossible not to lose weight on this plan . . . yet, I am beginning to have those familiar doubts and that is often the death knell for my diets.

I could sure you some wisdom right now . . . I have followed this plan to the letter, I have over 100# to lose . . . seems like I should be seeing better losses if things were working right.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

P.S. I have been having a restricted Pure Protein PB bar about every other day; the other days, no restricted. Thanks.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

EPAPRN - so sorry for your loss, hugs.

I went shopping on the weekend to buy smaller jeans I gave up on myself ever losing weight last year and purged my closet of all the old "skinny" clothes so now I had nothing to keep trying on to see if my sizes had dropped. I'm currently in a size 18 so I bought a pair of size 16, 14 and 12, looking forward to them all being too big

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #21  
Started IP 3/12/12

[QUOTE=SylviesGirl;4655700]First, EPAPRN, so sorry for your loss. Be gentle with yourself in the coming weeks.

Okay, as for me . . . I really don't want to be whiny about disappointing losses, but I am getting into this bad head-space where I am beginning to think that this plan, too, will not work for me.

Hang tough. I started last March and am closing in on that 100 # mark. It will come off. Your body sometimes needs time to adjust. I too had tried numerous times to drop the weight. This is the plan that is helping me succeed when I've failed so many times before.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #22  
Started IP 02/25/13

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post
Hi everyone! I am back after having a miscarriage at 6 weeks. Things have been so crazy lately I have no clue what's going on. I was 10lbs away from my goal when I found out I was pregnant, and I phased off over 5 days and was keeping up with maintenance until this week. I felt like I was out of control with what was happening to my body and I needed some guidance to put something in my life back in my control. I emailed my coach who was on her way out of the country for holiday...she told me to get back onto P3 until I can see her next week. I have gained about 5lbs back since being on maintenance, but my body and life are so wonky it was to be expected.

I've been lurking on and off over the past few weeks and keeping up with everyone. Congrats on all the losses and NSV's and to all the newbies!
So sorry for your loss. Please take it slow as this diet can wreck havoc on emotions.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #23  
Started IP 2/13/13

[QUOTE=fam4me;4655718]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
First, EPAPRN, so sorry for your loss. Be gentle with yourself in the coming weeks.

Okay, as for me . . . I really don't want to be whiny about disappointing losses, but I am getting into this bad head-space where I am beginning to think that this plan, too, will not work for me.

Hang tough. I started last March and am closing in on that 100 # mark. It will come off. Your body sometimes needs time to adjust. I too had tried numerous times to drop the weight. This is the plan that is helping me succeed when I've failed so many times before.

Thanks so much for the reassurance. And a picture speaks a thousand words -- you look FANTASTIC! And I want that sweater . . . when I'm as small as you.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #24  
Started IP 3/12/12

[QUOTE=SylviesGirl;4655721]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post

Thanks so much for the reassurance. And a picture speaks a thousand words -- you look FANTASTIC! And I want that sweater . . . when I'm as small as you.
Thanks! I've waited years to wear that sweater! Once I hit my 100 gone I will post another picture.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #25  
IP diet initiation 3/4/13

S/C/G: 203.4/196/160-size 10

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning ~ Yesterday was my first day on IP. Although I've never been a smoker, I would compare it to quitting. All I know, the white cheddar snacks, I will be using as croutons in a salad from now on.

It's Dr. Suess month, so I am the surprise reader in my son's class this afternoon We are FINALLY expecting snow accumulation tomorrow, so it will be a snow day tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #26  
Started IP 02/25/13

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Drum roll please......1st week done and 5 lbs down YAY!! I am excited. My leg has been giving me issues for the last 2 months and I noticed today that I didn't feel too bad when I woke up. This is great because after gaining back the 50+ that I lost last year, I have been starting to feel not as young as I am. I am 33 but have been feeling about 53 the last 3 months. It is scary. I am going to do everything in my power to make sure I do not have to quit this before I am phased off this time. I have about 130 to lose so it will be a long haul but worth it.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #27  

Sylviesgirl - hang in there, we started this at the same time and we can do this!
I haven't seen much movement on my scale this week but I'm confident it will go down if I stick 100% op. Yours will too, we didn't gain all this weight in 3 weeks, it came over a period of time and that's how we're going to lose it too.
Don't give up on yourself, you deserve all the benefits of being at your goal weight.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #28  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of the Groom View Post
Sylviesgirl - hang in there, we started this at the same time and we can do this!
I haven't seen much movement on my scale this week but I'm confident it will go down if I stick 100% op. Yours will too, we didn't gain all this weight in 3 weeks, it came over a period of time and that's how we're going to lose it too.
Don't give up on yourself, you deserve all the benefits of being at your goal weight.
Thanks motherofthegroom. I appreciate your encouragement; I need it today . . . and you must have a tiny little butt, because you and I are about the same height/weight, and there is NO way I am looking at those sizes! You go!!

SimplelivingSD -- Congrats!! I know what you mean about feeling older than you are . . . you are on your way!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #29  

Sylviesgirl- oh gosh no my butt is big believe me..lol..I tried on the 16 and I'm sure it will be a few months before I'm into them but I'm sooo looking forward to the day .
Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #30  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Default new here.

I am at the end of week 2 of IP. Today should be WI, but I won't get to the clinic until next week.
In total though I am down 11 lbs as of this morning. I had a quick drop of 3 lbs in the first 3 days, then only 2 in the next 5. We realized I was not getting enough protein. I am attempting to up my protein intake. I am not a vegetarian, but neither am I much of a meat eater. The thought of tofu, yuck. My intake has increased, the weight and inches are dropping. My goal is to lose 36 by the time my shop opens April 29th.

God Bless
Donna G.

Closed Thread