3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Why do you want to lose weight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/276975-why-do-you-want-lose-weight.html)

claygirl 03-05-2013 12:21 AM

Why do you want to lose weight?

I've just been asking myself this lately. Vanity? Health? Definitely a combo for me!

ainiclive 03-05-2013 12:25 AM

To remain active, healthy and charming. Don't want to get dependent on others in my older age.

bellasamimom 03-05-2013 12:27 AM

Because I feel so much better not eating all the crap I was putting in my body. I used to think I didn't sleep well now I think it was all the sugar. Since starting IP I sleep all night every night. Also to be a better role model to my girls. I don't want them to have the same issues I have had.

Nzgirl 03-05-2013 01:35 AM

I love fashion! I want to be able to choose clothes because I love them not just because they fit(they don't even fit at the moment!)

Also I want to be healthy and be a good role model for my daughter. Oh and I want to meet someone special too, and i don't have the confidence for that yet

Desafinado 03-05-2013 01:38 AM

I want to get slim and even more gorgeous (I'm so modest, LOL) so I can make my exhusband drool. And yeah, healthy, fit yadayadayada. LOL

FreeBird3 03-05-2013 01:41 AM

As pathtic as this sounds, I want to lose the weight in order to increase my chances of finding a man that I am actually attracted to ( and not just vice versa) to get married to. The men that I am generally attracted to prefer slender women. So that falls under vanity.

nimmimoorthy 03-05-2013 04:28 AM

I want to lose weight to fit into my old dresses and also to be healthy.
isee everyone using IP wats this By the way.

TrixieBesMonty 03-05-2013 07:36 AM

I want to feel comfortable in all of my clothes. I'm also doing it for health reasons now. I was having trouble controlling my blood pressure even though I'm already taking bp pills. I'm down 25.4 and bp is down, clothes fit better and I feel better being in control. It's only going to get better :D

Roo2 03-05-2013 07:49 AM

I want to live a life where my weight is a non issue.:)
Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

countrychic 03-05-2013 07:56 AM

I want to have the body that I had before 2 kids and 70extra pounds.....or, atleast, somewhat the same!

I don't want to shop at the plus-size stores anymore.

I want to ride my horses and not worry that I'm too heavy for them.

I want to be healthy and active and proud of my body.

ckmainprize 03-05-2013 08:00 AM

Mine is for health and to look sexy for my husband and to finally feel comfortable as me!

workingit50 03-05-2013 08:04 AM

I want optimum health (reduce all meds, especially BP)
I want to not be consumed by negative self talk about my body
I want to take a family picture and be proud and not cringe when I see myself
I want to feel GOOD

zoesmom 03-05-2013 08:47 AM

Because I don't want my soon to be 4 year old daughter find me in a semi-coma again when it is just me and here home alone due to progressively worsening asthma brought on by weight gain. The first time was tramatic enough, I will not have a repeat of that for her. She came dangerously close to seeing me die right in front of her eyes. I CAN NOT allow that to happen again. If that little three year old girl can drag a 300 pound woman out of a bed and onto the floor and manage to wake me up after 2-1/2 hours, then by god I can do this for her.

BeccaGrim 03-05-2013 08:56 AM

FreeBird3, that does NOT sound pathetic. Its the world we live in. I often think about that. If I'd met my husband at my highest weight he'd never have asked me out. Even though he loves me and loved me at that weight because we'd been together for so long. I think you're saying aloud a hard truth. Good for you.

I'm losing weight because 1. I had a bad blood reading. And the doctor told me I had 3 months to get some of it off before she was going to recheck it. I don't want to have health problems. I check it in a couple of weeks. Nervous.

And because I want to look as good as the other mommies running around my sons schools! And feel okay when I'm meeting new people for work or socially.

Charbarot 03-05-2013 09:00 AM

I want to lose weight to be healthy so I can be around for my two beautiful grandchildren. I want to be able to walk the two flights of stairs to my office without feeling out of breath at the top. But there's also vanity. I want to look good for my husband (who is 8 years younger than me) and last but not least...I have some gorgeous clothes I want to be able to wear again.