Why do you want to lose weight?

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • I need to lose weight to be prepared for the Tough Mudder competition I am doing in August.

I am sick of avoiding cameras because I am always disappointed that I don't look nearly as good as I felt when it was taken.

I am sick of wearing a t-shirt over my bathing suit, even in a hot tub.

And lastly, because my DH has a monster truck which has been featured in calendars/magazines and I have to ask one of my younger skinnier GF's to pose for the pics because no one wants to see my flabby a** in a magazine! LOL
  • Last year I spent from April to Oct in a wheelchair due to torn cartilage in my knee which required surgery to repair. I'm sure my weight was a huge factor in causing this problem and I never want that to happen again. also I donate blood with my daughter every other month and twice they wouldn't let me donate because my blood pressure was too high.
    Ironically just before that happened I had given up that I would ever lose weight and ruthlessly cleaned out my closet of all my "skinny" clothes from years gone by. So now I look forward to not only losing the weight and keeping it off for health reasons but an entire new wardrobe.
  • Because I'm tired.....

I'm tired of having to shop for clothes at specialty shops

I'm tired of those same clothes still not fitting right

I'm tired of not liking what I see in the mirror

I'm tired of cringing when I see pictures of myself

I'm tired of avoiding having pictures of myself taken

I'm tired of being out of breath walking or climbing stairs

I'm tired of the aches and pains of my joints

I'm tired of hiding away in my home because I am embarrassed to go out in public

I'm tired of being stared at

I'm tired of squeezing and wedging myself into chairs

I'm tired of listening to the creak and groans of furniture when I sit down

I'm tired of feeling embarrassed if I have to take my shirt off

I'm tired of being called "Big Guy" - which in my mind is code for wow are you fat

I'm tired of being surrounded by people who are thin and in shape and being the odd man out

I'm tired of not being able to holiday were I want - why book a surf and sun holiday when you don't want to go to the beach or swimming

I'm tired of having to sit in the air condition because my extra "insulation" makes it too hot to be outside

I'm tired of starting to see the health effects of being overweight

I'm tired......
  • Im worried about the future..I dont want to have diabetes and be one of those women in a motorized chair wheeling around the store.

I dont want to worry about fitting into a booth in a restaurant. I want to ride the rollercoaster and go sleigh riding with my kids.

I want my kids to have a picture of themselves WITH their mom...

But mostly I want to stop the self loathing....
  • God gave me this body. The least I can do is treat it with respect. Other than that I want to...

be alive and healthy for my kids,

be able to play with my kids outside for more than 20 min,

be able to buy clothing where ever I want and not pay out the butt for them,

not be winded and shot after 3 hrs of weekly shopping,

not hurt everywhere,

be able to attend activities without feeling like everyone is staring at me,

be able to fly without fear of the seat belt not fitting in the little puddle jumper connection flights,

being able to fit in a booth in comfort,

be able to enjoy "adult time" with my husband without feeling gross,

Wow! The list could go on and on...
  • Most of my reasons seem to lean towards vanity. I am getting married in August, so I want to look good in my dress :] My Fiance doesn't think that I need to lose weight, which makes me feel great, but I need to do it for me because I am just not comfortable in my own skin. I gained a lot of weight after highschool and I don't do certain things or go certain places just because I am scared I will see someone who knew me when I was skinny. I have gone places where I see people I know and they don't recognize me because of the weight I have gained. I also want to lose weight to stay healthy and to change my eating habits! IP is definitely a great program for me because it really has me evaluating what I used to eat, why I was eating those things and I am very proud/happy with the changes I've made while on the program!
  • I want to be comfortable in my own skin. Gain self confidence.
  • I'm a firm believer that crisis=opportunity. So maybe taking this health challenge will yield positive results. I am sure. I've been feeling better. *** getting smaller...what else can a girl want? I'm joking but you get it. Health for health. (:
  • Vanity. I wanted my younger thinner before children body back. I've got it now and it's better than it ever was. Yay ip!

Of course it's a continuous battle!
  • I have the most beautiful clothes in my closet that dont fit anymore and would like to wear them all again . Also hubby and I just bought a pair of Harley's and I really dont want to look like the old fat lady on the Harley LOL .
    Looking forward to being light and free this summer
  • OK, I answered a little too flippantly last time.

I want to lose weight because diabetes runs in my family and I don't want it. My numbers are good and I want them to stay that way.

I want to lose weight because my family lives a long long long time and I don't want to be old and feeble because I was fat and now have resulting health issues.

I want to lose weight because I want to get out and start dating again and at my current size, I don't feel confident enough to get out there in the singles scene and circulate.

I want to lose weight because I like clothes and I want to wear some of the gorgeous stuff I see in stores.

I want to ride my bike and not feel stared at.
  • Because otherwise I am destined to become a type 2 diabetic. Both my parents are, and I had gestational diabetes.

My mom lost 90 lbs on IP and was able to get off her insulin. She started me here so that I wouldn't follow the path she was on.

I'm halfway to my goal, too!
  • I wanted to be able to walk into a clothing store and buy flattering clothes that I like, rather than be stuck with any old thing just because it fits.

I wanted to regain good health, and feel healthy and energetic again.

I wanted to feel confident and proud of the way I look again.

As someone who has almost reached her weight goal, I can say that I have accomplished all of the above. And it feels Fantastic!

To all of you who have just started your weight loss journey, or are at some mid-point along the way --- keep moving forward! You'll get there. And it's definitely worth it
  • skinny jeans!!!
  • I want to look good and be healthy, of course, but mostly I want to lose weight so I can go back to Japan and feel comfortable, even in a country with so many petite people. I also want to be a healthy weight when I see my host family again. Last time I was there, I was 140 lbs, and I hate to think of them seeing me at my current weight.

My second reason is that I want to lose weight so I feel comfortable going to the gym and weightlifting again. Once I get down to 190, I think I'll feel comfortable enough to get back into one of my favorite (and most self-esteem boosting) hobbies! I'm so excited!