Old 03-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #1  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Grams of Sugar?

Hi everyone. sorry to start a new thread.... I am in maintenance and I know that a long time ago I saw something posted about the grams of carbs and sugars we should try to not go over. I have tried searching the threads and cannot find this info anywhere....

does anyone know? I would be interested to know for the maintenance phase and for phase 1.

thanks!
SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
Hi everyone. sorry to start a new thread.... I am in maintenance and I know that a long time ago I saw something posted about the grams of carbs and sugars we should try to not go over. I have tried searching the threads and cannot find this info anywhere....

does anyone know? I would be interested to know for the maintenance phase and for phase 1.

thanks!
In Phase 1 your sugar intake is highly controlled by the packets and lack of carbs/simple sugars in your real-food meals, so there's no count on that. But the "rough" amount of carbs for the day is somewhere between 20 and 40-ish NET carbs. I say rough because some people can go over and still be in ketosis, others have to stay on the low end.

As far as maintenance goes, I'm still learning the ropes there - again I don't think there's a 'hard and fast" rule for carb intake - but I know that for breakfast you should be under or at 50 carbs, and dinner should be one serving of a whole grain/carb - I did a quick search on nutritional info on what I will mostly be eating (brown rice, sweet potato, whole grain pasta, quinoa) and the carbs fall in the 20-40g range.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #3  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post

thanks!
My best suggestion would be to ask this question in the Maintainer's Volume 10 thread. They'd be more apt to know? Also, I recall from their past posts that some of them still log all their food/drink intake daily... they can probably give you some idea of their daily 'actuals' while on maintenance.

Last edited by evepet; 03-04-2013 at 07:05 PM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #4  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Thanks guys!!!
SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote