3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun March 2-3, 2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,440

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun March 2-3, 2013


Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's websitek
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Battleford, SK. Canada
Posts: 150

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Default

Heading out to the family farm to do some visiting and snowmobiling. The weather is actually suppossed to be nice.

NSV - spent quite a bit of time yesterday hiking up my pants - my belt is on it's last hole and it may be time to put some suspenders on to keep my pants up. Not quite ready for a new (smaller) pants size just yet but awfully close.
Spiritman is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Diane on track July 2014
 
IP43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,906

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Heading out to the family farm to do some visiting and snowmobiling. The weather is actually suppossed to be nice.

NSV - spent quite a bit of time yesterday hiking up my pants - my belt is on it's last hole and it may be time to put some suspenders on to keep my pants up. Not quite ready for a new (smaller) pants size just yet but awfully close.
Someone told me yesterday it looked like I had a "hitch in my giddy-up" because I was walking a bit funny and that hit me as a funny expression. Now I can pass that saying on today too, 'cause that expression probably will suit you fine today, as you're walking around hitchin' up your britches all day!
__________________
IP43 is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
IP Start 01/25/13
 
M35A2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Spring Branch, TX
Posts: 552

S/C/G: 223/167/170

Height: 5'10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Heading out to the family farm to do some visiting and snowmobiling. The weather is actually suppossed to be nice.

NSV - spent quite a bit of time yesterday hiking up my pants - my belt is on it's last hole and it may be time to put some suspenders on to keep my pants up. Not quite ready for a new (smaller) pants size just yet but awfully close.
Glad to see you're noticing the effects. It's not all about the scale, although it's always nice to see that move.
__________________
Started P1: 01/25/13
Started P3: 07/07/13
Maintenance 07/21/13

M35A2 is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
FutureFitChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 447

S/C/G: 261/258.5/136

Height: 5'8"

Default

Hi, Everyone!

Long time no post! I've been away writing.

I went to reorder IP supplements from PlainProtein.com http://www.plainprotein.com/suppleme...ura-potassium/. It looks like the potassium supplement now being sold is the same as what I can buy locally. Does that seem to match what you are finding with your vendors? Where is the magnesium shifted to now that it is no longer with the potassium?

I apologize if this has been answered already, but I did not find it when I searched the forum.

Thanks!
__________________

Things I'm Most Looking Forward To:
More E-N-E-R-G-Y
Buying stylish, not oversized clothes
Being a healthy role-model for my nephews, students, and godson
Horsebackriding without guilt
FutureFitChick is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Battleford, SK. Canada
Posts: 150

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Glad to see you're noticing the effects. It's not all about the scale, although it's always nice to see that move.
True on both counts.
Spiritman is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #7
Started IP 7/9/12
 
ragdoll74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 1,751

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
Hi, Everyone!

Long time no post! I've been away writing.

I went to reorder IP supplements from PlainProtein.com http://www.plainprotein.com/suppleme...ura-potassium/. It looks like the potassium supplement now being sold is the same as what I can buy locally. Does that seem to match what you are finding with your vendors? Where is the magnesium shifted to now that it is no longer with the potassium?

I apologize if this has been answered already, but I did not find it when I searched the forum.

Thanks!
It's in the Cal-Mag supplements.
__________________
started maintenance 6/14/13
ragdoll74 is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #8
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,440

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
Hi, Everyone!

Long time no post! I've been away writing.

I went to reorder IP supplements from PlainProtein.com http://www.plainprotein.com/suppleme...ura-potassium/. It looks like the potassium supplement now being sold is the same as what I can buy locally. Does that seem to match what you are finding with your vendors? Where is the magnesium shifted to now that it is no longer with the potassium?

I apologize if this has been answered already, but I did not find it when I searched the forum.

Thanks!
I haven't purchased supplements since the change was instituted altho I "heard" about it.
Yay! I'm glad they took the excess calcium out!
There is still the cal/mag for magnesium.
Research has been coming out about probs with excess calcium.

When I think of things that can good for us but harmful in excess I think of nuts. They are uber-good for us! (in maintenance) I can't eat "one serving" and stop so nuts aren't good for me!
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 123

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

Default

Good Morning!

I have a newbie question. I love lime and often use it for flavoring or marinating chicken/fish. I don't see lime on my approved IP food sheet, but I see mention of it in some of the threads and in IP recipes.

Is lime permissible in Phase 1?


Thanks in Advance!
rubygirl05 is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,622

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

DoingItDeb:
Regarding your menu yesterday...I don't think I saw that you used your oil. Definitely make sure you get that in!
__________________
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
FutureFitChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 447

S/C/G: 261/258.5/136

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I haven't purchased supplements since the change was instituted altho I "heard" about it.
Yay! I'm glad they took the excess calcium out!
There is still the cal/mag for magnesium.
Research has been coming out about probs with excess calcium.

When I think of things that can good for us but harmful in excess I think of nuts. They are uber-good for us! (in maintenance) I can't eat "one serving" and stop so nuts aren't good for me!
I didn't think that calcium excesses were reached until 2 or 2.5 g/day. (The supplements provided only about 25% of that level.) Still, that is a huge cutback on the potassium, unless the previous form and this one have very different bioavailabilities.

Thanks!
__________________

Things I'm Most Looking Forward To:
More E-N-E-R-G-Y
Buying stylish, not oversized clothes
Being a healthy role-model for my nephews, students, and godson
Horsebackriding without guilt
FutureFitChick is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #12
IP Start 01/25/13
 
M35A2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Spring Branch, TX
Posts: 552

S/C/G: 223/167/170

Height: 5'10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl05 View Post
Good Morning!

I have a newbie question. I love lime and often use it for flavoring or marinating chicken/fish. I don't see lime on my approved IP food sheet, but I see mention of it in some of the threads and in IP recipes.

Is lime permissible in Phase 1?


Thanks in Advance!
My coach said lemon and lime were permissible.
__________________
Started P1: 01/25/13
Started P3: 07/07/13
Maintenance 07/21/13

M35A2 is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #13
Member
 
DoingitDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Delightful Denver
Posts: 45

S/C/G: 222/192/165

Height: 5'9"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
DoingItDeb:
Regarding your menu yesterday...I don't think I saw that you used your oil. Definitely make sure you get that in!
Thank you...I did forget to oil. I will put it on my salad today.
__________________


I am ready to consciously become a healthier slimmer me! WI#1:8;WI#2:4 WI#3:2 #4:4 WI#5:1 WI#6:1 WI#7:3 WI#8:6 WI#9:1For every 10 lbs:
DoingitDeb is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #14
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,440

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
I didn't think that calcium excesses were reached until 2 or 2.5 g/day. (The supplements provided only about 25% of that level.) Still, that is a huge cutback on the potassium, unless the previous form and this one have very different bioavailabilities.
I'm doing some reading and found this:
In states where non-prescription potassium citrate is legal, the maximum allowable over-the-counter (OTC) dose for elemental potassium is regulated by the FDA to be no more than 100 mg (approximately 3% of the daily allowance).

That would explain the 99 mg dosage

Also found this:
potassium bicarbonate requires more dosing per day than potassium citrate. The dosing increases are due to potassium bicarbonate's propensity to be metabolized into bicarbonate in the liver.

This might explain the dose reduction from 800 mg potassium bicarb to 99 mg potassium cit
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)

Last edited by lisa32989 : 03-02-2013 at 10:53 AM.
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #15
IP Start 01/25/13
 
M35A2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Spring Branch, TX
Posts: 552

S/C/G: 223/167/170

Height: 5'10"

Default

Thought this was cute in case anyone missed it:

http://www.arcamax.com/thefunnies/onebighappy/
__________________
Started P1: 01/25/13
Started P3: 07/07/13
Maintenance 07/21/13

M35A2 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun, January 19/20, 2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 167 01-21-2013 12:10 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2