Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #31  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffiner View Post
Good news for me! Ive officially lost 30 lbs! For some reason this is the number that makes it real for me..I've lost 20 lbs before many times, although not this fast..losing thirty just makes me really feel like I can do this for the long haul!
FANTASTIC!!!!!!! Amazing how this diet makes it seem like we can actually reach our goal weight. I feel the same way too.

Keep going!!! You can do this!!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #32  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
Wow congratulations. I think you and me started around the same time too. You are doing so well. That was fast!
I started 1/12/13.. Also keep in mind that I lost 5 lbs before starting IP..
Its funny I felt like my weight had really stalled for a week or two , not completely but maybe .5 losses, then suddenly this morning whoosh...down to 237! Im amazed at how this plan has become second nature. I used to always be obsessed with eating, how much, when , where etc. Now I'm thinking about things other than my weight and food.
Also I love going food shopping now..my cart is filled with vegetables, and fruit for the kids..I'm happy with what I'm buying and don't feel ashamed about what Im putting on the register. If I stop and think I realize that I still look huge to others but I don't feel gross anymore...does that make sense?
Old 03-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #33  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Wa to go! It does work well! It's good to know alternatives are working out for you. I too may have to look at that in future for financial reasons. Have tried a couple different items, but it is always a little scary making sure you have the right numbers as don't want to mess with a good thing that is working already.
You know I felt the same way about alternatives too. It was such a scary thought to make sure I knew all of the information I could to make the best choices. With IP, you don't have to make those choices since it's already done for you. I did a lot of reading on here - there's some great threads on alternatives. Once you get the hang of it, it's really so simple and actually very empowering. I mean we're on this journey to lose weight, but to also make better choices for ourself, specially once we reach goal.

Here's the summary of the items to review when choosing alternatives:

Keep calories lower, like the IP products. 70-150, but 150 is really on the high end.
Calories from fat should be 30% or less.
Restricted is 9+ net carbs (net carbs = carb grams - fiber grams)
Unrestricted is 8 net carbs or less.
Protein should be high 12+ grams. I generally look for 15+.
No aspartame!

That's the main criteria I look for.

I recently discovered Quest Bars!!!! Yum, technically unrestricted because of the net carbs lower than 8, but calories are higher so I tend to look at it as a restricted unless I get in a power walk to lose the extra calories. Also made with Stevia. No junk.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #34  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

Amberjules, thanks for summarizing your alternatives criteria, it's really helpful!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
I recently discovered Quest Bars!!!! Yum, technically unrestricted because of the net carbs lower than 8, but calories are higher so I tend to look at it as a restricted unless I get in a power walk to lose the extra calories. Also made with Stevia. No junk.
Not all of them are stevia sweetened. Only the 100% natural line. Read labels carefully and watch differences in cals, fat, net carbs between bars.
The lowest bar is 160 cals, which is why they are on my restricted list, no matter fat/net carbs
They ARE good tho.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-02-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #36  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Not all of them are stevia sweetened. Only the 100% natural line. Read labels carefully and watch differences in cals, fat, net carbs between bars.
The lowest bar is 160 cals, which is why they are on my restricted list, no matter fat/net carbs
They ARE good tho.
Thank you for the correction...I meant to say the Natural line is sweetened with Stevia. I don't want to lead anyone astray.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #37  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Congrats to all the big losers!!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
I started 1/12/13.. Also keep in mind that I lost 5 lbs before starting IP..
Its funny I felt like my weight had really stalled for a week or two , not completely but maybe .5 losses, then suddenly this morning whoosh...down to 237! Im amazed at how this plan has become second nature. I used to always be obsessed with eating, how much, when , where etc. Now I'm thinking about things other than my weight and food.
Also I love going food shopping now..my cart is filled with vegetables, and fruit for the kids..I'm happy with what I'm buying and don't feel ashamed about what Im putting on the register. If I stop and think I realize that I still look huge to others but I don't feel gross anymore...does that make sense?
Sure that makes sense. You must be feeling really good and when you are making proper choices then it reflects on how you feel. Are family noticing on you now? I started Jan 17th so we are close in start time. I know what you mean about the grocery cart. It's crazy how many veggies I buy now. 3 heads of cauliflower at a time amongst all the other things. I have a fridge in the garage and that's great because the veggies don't fit in the upstairs fridge. I can't believe I actually use them all before they go bad. My kids are eating a better too. Although I have allowed them to go to McDonalds for a treat a couple times. My son was at my sisters and he was whining about how long it had been since he had chips....so she hooked him up.

Quote:
You know I felt the same way about alternatives too. It was such a scary thought to make sure I knew all of the information I could to make the best choices. With IP, you don't have to make those choices since it's already done for you. I did a lot of reading on here - there's some great threads on alternatives. Once you get the hang of it, it's really so simple and actually very empowering. I mean we're on this journey to lose weight, but to also make better choices for ourself, specially once we reach goal.

Here's the summary of the items to review when choosing alternatives:

Keep calories lower, like the IP products. 70-150, but 150 is really on the high end.
Calories from fat should be 30% or less.
Restricted is 9+ net carbs (net carbs = carb grams - fiber grams)
Unrestricted is 8 net carbs or less.
Protein should be high 12+ grams. I generally look for 15+.
No aspartame!

That's the main criteria I look for.

Thanks for adding that. I get confused easily when the products don't show the calories from fat. I know you times that number by 3 and make sure it does not equal more than total calories, but when the product does not show the calories from fat then I get confused and have to look up how to find out calories from fat. I am in Canada and we do not hae Quest bars as far as I can tell. The only ones I have found that fit the bill (I hope) are Pure Protein bars. Wish I could find the EAS advantage or Premier drinks. No Costco where I am and walmart has no EAS.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Have a question about roasting veggies. Lately I am obsessed with roasting cabbage (shredded) and very small pieces of cauliflower. I roast until very crisp and dark. Does anyone know if nutritional value is effected if you roast too long? Sometimes they are almost burnt crispies and as I sit there munching on this crispy almost nothing I wonder if any nutritional value is actually left in the poor veggie. Ideas?
Old 03-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #40  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojenchilada View Post
H y'all! Cleaning house and doing laundry today. Boo. But took a break to change my avatar in celebration of losing 28 lbs since the last one was taken (25 on IP). Hope to get some time to chat later. Have a great OP day!
You look great!

Quote:
Hello fellow losers!

Had my 13th week weigh-in and I'm down another 2.2 lbs (body likes this number as this is the 4 time I've lost this exact amount) for a total of 41 lbs lost, 34.5 inches lost AND......SO EXCITED.....my fat now wows less than 100 lbs at 98.8.

When I started my fat mass weighed 136 lbs down to 98.8.
I've gained .4 lbs of lean muscle mass since starting and my visceral fat has dropped from 17 to 12.

I'm also 10 lbs away from meeting my mini goal of losing 20% of my body weight. My 3rd mini goal of being under 200 will come up quick after achieving my 2nd mini goal.....not too much longer!
Congrats on the awesome WI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasamimom View Post
I had so much fun last nigth. They gave me my meal with no sauce and just meat and beautiful steamed green beans. It was so yummy and then I saved my restricted for dessert and had the strawberry wafer. It was so cool to be able to enjoy the banquet and know I was eating what I was should be eating.

Quote:
Good news for me! Ive officially lost 30 lbs! For some reason this is the number that makes it real for me..I've lost 20 lbs before many times, although not this fast..losing thirty just makes me really feel like I can do this for the long haul!
Woot Woot! Congrats on that wonderful milestone!
Old 03-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojenchilada View Post
H y'all! Cleaning house and doing laundry today. Boo. But took a break to change my avatar in celebration of losing 28 lbs since the last one was taken (25 on IP). Hope to get some time to chat later. Have a great OP day!
Love the new pic!!!

Quote:
Hello fellow losers!

Had my 13th week weigh-in and I'm down another 2.2 lbs (body likes this number as this is the 4 time I've lost this exact amount) for a total of 41 lbs lost, 34.5 inches lost AND......SO EXCITED.....my fat now wows less than 100 lbs at 98.8.

When I started my fat mass weighed 136 lbs down to 98.8.
I've gained .4 lbs of lean muscle mass since starting and my visceral fat has dropped from 17 to 12.

I'm also 10 lbs away from meeting my mini goal of losing 20% of my body weight. My 3rd mini goal of being under 200 will come up quick after achieving my 2nd mini goal.....not too much longer!

I'm just thrilled at how well the IP protocol works, how simple it is to follow with a little planning. Now it's just second nature to me.

I took the dive and switched to alternatives, about 60% right now, and will probably continue to purchase some IP products that I really love.

My birthday is the middle of May and if I keep losing about the same rate, 2.93 lbs on average a week, then I'll be down to a 180ish. Still high for my frame, but considering I was 257 on 11/27/12, that's great! I'm just more excited about my future and health.
Way to go!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #42  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Sure that makes sense. You must be feeling really good and when you are making proper choices then it reflects on how you feel. Are family noticing on you now? I started Jan 17th so we are close in start time. I know what you mean about the grocery cart. It's crazy how many veggies I buy now. 3 heads of cauliflower at a time amongst all the other things. I have a fridge in the garage and that's great because the veggies don't fit in the upstairs fridge. I can't believe I actually use them all before they go bad. My kids are eating a better too. Although I have allowed them to go to McDonalds for a treat a couple times. My son was at my sisters and he was whining about how long it had been since he had chips....so she hooked him up.

Thanks for adding that. I get confused easily when the products don't show the calories from fat. I know you times that number by 3 and make sure it does not equal more than total calories, but when the product does not show the calories from fat then I get confused and have to look up how to find out calories from fat. I am in Canada and we do not hae Quest bars as far as I can tell. The only ones I have found that fit the bill (I hope) are Pure Protein bars. Wish I could find the EAS advantage or Premier drinks. No Costco where I am and walmart has no EAS.
Is there a Popeye Supplelments store anywhere near you? In my town (in Ontario) they sell some of the Quest bars.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #43  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm having a relaxing one as hubby and stepdaughter are away visiting his parents so I decided to go shopping for some new jeans as even my smallest pair are too big for me now. I really need to get used to needing a smaller size......I'd hold them up and think they look about right but once I tried them on they were ridiculously too large. The sales girl went to get me what she thought was my size but when she handed them to me I said uh no way....but she insisted and surprisingly that's my size. I'm still quite shocked......of course I bought them too lol.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #44  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm having a relaxing one as hubby and stepdaughter are away visiting his parents so I decided to go shopping for some new jeans as even my smallest pair are too big for me now. I really need to get used to needing a smaller size......I'd hold them up and think they look about right but once I tried them on they were ridiculously too large. The sales girl went to get me what she thought was my size but when she handed them to me I said uh no way....but she insisted and surprisingly that's my size. I'm still quite shocked......of course I bought them too lol.
Now that's a heckuva NSV!!
Old 03-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Congrats to everyone on their losses!

Amberjules-Nice work and you're so close to even more milestones...so exciting!! I love looking at your recipes and progress on your website!

IdealProteinNewbie-thanks for the tip on exercising and the water retention. That makes sense.
Closed Thread