Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #16  

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Height: 5'4

I have a busy day... Change of Command for my Friends Hubby. Then dinner at the Hotel Del Coronado to celebrate all of the Sailors of the year from each ship. My DH (love him) emailed the event coordinator at the Del and asked about the food. She is going to make something special for me I was so worried about the food.

Have a great day!!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbarot View Post
Let me unveil my first WI numbers...4.2 lbs and 3 inches.....yeah....I am so happy. I feel great!!! I don't feel hungry. I'm beyond the headaches....I'm ecstatic
The lack of hunger is the best part, isn't it? It really makes this a plan you can stick to! Congrats on the first WI!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #18  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Happy March everyone! Busy, busy day ahead, starting with my official WI in 2 hours. Wouldn't you know it? TOM shows up last night LOL. Oh well, that's life.

Everyone have a great day and an even better weekend!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
Happy March everyone! Busy, busy day ahead, starting with my official WI in 2 hours. Wouldn't you know it? TOM shows up last night LOL. Oh well, that's life.

Everyone have a great day and an even better weekend!
TOM might be a good thing, I bloat until right before, then a big woosh so I will be praying for the Woosh Fairy to be there for you too.

Sounds like everyone is off to a great March, come on spring, ready for some warmer days.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #20  
Started IP 2/22/13

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/130

Height: 5'2"

Can't wait to put up a fancy ticker
Old 03-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Happy Friday everyone! WI today was ok -- down 1.8 lbs. The fantastic thing about is that the tens digit changed (moved from the 140s into the 130s!). What this means is that there's only one tens digit changed left (ie: less than 20 pounds) to go!! It's giving me some much needed momentum as I had been feeling a bit sluggish about things since my long trip in Feb.

I think I'll celebrate by making a middle eastern feast for dinner -- meatballs, red pepper sauce, and some cauliflower hummus and veggies.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #22  
IP start date 2/4/13

Height: 5'10"

Morning all.

Off to a rough start this morning. Hubby and I got into it so I'm sitting in a Starbucks getting work done while he's "home sick" (aka didn't wake up to his alarm).

Hoping for a better day from here on.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #23  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

A1Texan, Charbarot, & Debrasb congrats on all the great WI's!!!

Good luck at your WI Leanne!

I took the day off to study for my certification exam tomorrow. I haven't actually done any studying today, but plan on doing that soon unless I can think of another distraction. There seems to be no shortage of them so far.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #24  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
I think I'll celebrate by making a middle eastern feast for dinner -- meatballs, red pepper sauce, and some cauliflower hummus and veggies.
Ooh that sounds so yummy, care to share your recipes or a link if they are somewhere I have missed?

As for me, feel sort of blah at the moment, was running a slight fever all night and the scale isn't budging again. Realize I haven't had a bowel movement in a few days at least. I saw someone mention Metamucil is that allowed OP? Or other ideas? I am getting my 4 cups of veggies in each day. I get at least 64 ounces of water each day, normally average 100.

Thanks Peeps and have a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by MntRose; 03-01-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheech View Post
Had my weigh in yesterday, I'm down another 3 lbs. Which is very surprising because I was working overnights until Tuesday, and wasn't getting very much sleep. But I also wasn't eating very much either.. Hey i'm not complaining. lol

So I'm reaching a stressful time in my life. I just sold my house last night. yay!!! So I have to worry about packing, and moving.. And my husband and I are moving in his parents basement until at least November, while our new house is being built. We are Italian. And my worst struggle with IP is, that everytime my husband's mother cooks, (God love her) it's never anything I can eat. Once we move in, I don't plan on eating with them every night. But i know they will want us up for Sunday dinners. And there are just so many times I can explain to her, that I can't eat, pasta, or homemade pizza, or breaded chicken/veal cutlets, or deep fried food before I either cave, or snap at her..
I'm so worried that not only is his family, not going to give us the privacy that we need, but that they will always want us to come up for dinner.I really don't know what to do. I've told her several times, things that I can't eat and she just doesn't get it.
maybe you could offer to have them down for sunday dinner so you have more control over whats on the table.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

Quote:
Let me unveil my first WI numbers...4.2 lbs and 3 inches.....yeah....I am so happy. I feel great!!! I don't feel hungry. I'm beyond the headaches....I'm ecstatic <3
Great job!

Quote:
Can't wait to put up a fancy ticker
Me too! I like the WI#'s at the bottom also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
Ooh that sounds so yummy, care to share your recipes or a link if they are somewhere I have missed?

As for me, feel sort of blah at the moment, was running a slight fever all night and the scale isn't budging again. Realize I haven't had a bowel movement in a few days at least. I saw someone mention Metamucil is that allowed OP? Or other ideas? I am getting my 4 cups of veggies in each day. I get at least 64 ounces of water each day, normally average 100.

Thanks Peeps and have a wonderful weekend!
I looked at the Metamusil and it contains aspartame.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like we've had some great numbers today! Congrats to all the losses!
I came in down 2.0 lbs today...WITH my cast! So I'm hopefull that I will be into the 140's by next week! And I was able to add another dancin' monkey since i reached the 35 lbs lost mark!! YAY!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Yay for March - buh bye February!!!

Great losses this week. And lcheech, congrats on selling! Hope you find some tips and tricks that make being at home a bit easier for you.

SFNiner - hope things improve with the hubby. In the meantime, enjoy that Starbucks!!

suchawittygal - congrats on 35!!
Old 03-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
[COLOR="Purple"][B] Ooh that sounds so yummy, care to share your recipes or a link if they are somewhere I have missed?
Happy to share! I actually post all of my recipes on a blog: www.unlimitedlettuce.com.

The cauliflower hummus recipe is up there, and I'm working out the meatballs tonite. I want to perfect a sauce without tomatoes (red pepper only) because I try to avoid the restricteds.

Let me know if you like any of the recipes!!
Old 03-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 212/185/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Wow, that def sounds like a tough one but maybe if she expects you to join them for dinner you can bring/make your own meal and eat with them...it may put her off at first but once she physically sees how you are eating, maybe she'll start adding things to her menu to include you. It's possible that she just doesn't know what a meal without carbs looks like! LOL
It's very true... She has no clue how to cook without carbs. She's obsessed with smothering food in bread crumbs then frying it. That's a very god idea actually. maybe just make my own food. at least I'll be sitting at the dinner table with the fam. She does want to cook for me. But every time she tries, she fails.
Would it be wrong to write her a list? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of the Groom View Post
maybe you could offer to have them down for sunday dinner so you have more control over whats on the table.
haha. your're funny. She is very old school and doesn't work. cooking and taking care of her kids (who are all in their 30's) is her life. It should be an interesting 10 minths ahead of me.
Closed Thread