3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   New to IP and Veggie questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/276663-new-ip-veggie-questions.html)

countrychic 02-28-2013 01:40 PM

New to IP and Veggie questions

Hello all!

I've been on the IP diet now for a month. So far, I'm pretty happy with it. It's nice and easy to follow. Lost almost 17lbs and 8inches total, and I can see and feel the difference.

Anywho...I get stuck with the veggies, and sometimes find it hard to get my 4cups in a day. They veggies I love, I can't have :(.....so it's down to brocolli and onions lol.

I've tried a few difference recipies with cauliflower (bread and rice), and maybe it was me, but I wasn't too keen on it. I am going to try roasting it, as I haven't yet and heard that that can really change the taste.

What are some tips or great veggie recipies to help me keep my veggie intake up? I've stated following along here and on IP - Finland Facebook page, and I've got the recipe book as well.....they are all great for meats and IP packets....but I still get stuck with the vegetables.

ragdoll74 02-28-2013 01:56 PM

Welcome to 3FC and congrats on the losses so far.

You will get more repsonses if you post questions in the daily thread, instead of starting a new one.

My tips for you...
check out the fun with veggie purees thread.

Add spinach to your morning chocolate/cappucino shake and blend it all really well. I don't do this but everyone swears you can't taste the spinach in there.

Roasted veggies are awesome and they cook down some, so it's easier to eat 2 cups at a time. Warning....you may start wishing you could eat more veggies every day!

M35A2 02-28-2013 03:45 PM

ragdoll74 is right about roasted veggies. I do this for supper every night. Our favorite is mushrooms which is actually one of the lowest calorie ones as well.

I spray the pan down with Pam, spread the veggies out, spritz them with oil, then add salt. For cauliflower and brocolli I also add some cayanne pepper. I can't handle steamed broc/caul any more but have no problem with them roasted.

grazi393 03-01-2013 07:59 PM

What I do for Cauliflower is, I boil two cups for about 15-20 minutes (until its suuuuuper soft) then I get a small strainer and smash is with a spoon to make it mashed cauliflower.
I stir it and add it to my chicken soup this way you can add a lot more water to the chicken soup and with the mashed cauliflower I will make it less watery and you'll have a bigger portion! It also tastes really good,
another thing you can do is grill chicken breast in thick strips and after it is golden make graded zucchini with mushroom and stir-fry with your olive oil Teaspoon (add an egg white if you had a little bit of exercise or a lot of walking around, if you get the carton egg white there is a brand with 0carbs, 0fat, and only 25 calories)

Tziri 03-01-2013 08:02 PM

The spinach mocha latte recipe is great. You can put in 1.5 to 2 c spinach and you can't even taste it.

DJ72 03-01-2013 08:03 PM

I roast almost all my veggies too and Ragdoll is right...I WISH I COULD HAVE MORE!!!! I love rutabaga fries and turnip fries and jimica fries....roasted broccoli and cauliflower...MMM I sometimes cook mushrooms and celery on the stovetop with a little soya sauce....MMM Okay! Supper time and now I am hungry!

maezy1 03-01-2013 08:05 PM

try rutabaga fries!!! love them and so doesnt my family! we eat them instead of french fries, well they do I don't eat french fries any more!