3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

New Member And A Few Questions

Old 02-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #16

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffiner View Post
Don't lose faith now! This program is absolutely going to work..in the next few weeks you will be amazed at how easy it becomes and the weight just starts sliding away.

My husband and I are doing IP together also...its great to have a partner with this. The two of you will discover new recipes, new vegetables ( wait until you try rutabaga fries) and a new hope! Enjoy every minute.
Too funny that you mention the fries. We had those last night. I hate most vegetables but can honestly say they were great. Can't wait to have them again.

Now that I am on day 14 it has gotten so much easier in every regard. The first few days I thought were terrible. I felt terrible, I was terribly hungry all the time, etc.

But I stuck through it and those feelings are all gone. There are times now I can finish my two cups of vegetables and lettuce for lunch after having a protein drink. Imagine that, after being able to put a real hurt on a buffet I am full after a shake and a salad.
Spiritman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:25 AM   #17
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

You sound like a converted IPer to me, lol! Jen
Old 03-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #18

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
You are correct - I shouldn't lose sight of the fact that a lot of weight was lost. As well, I have no coach, my wife does - the woman isn't much of a coach and being in such a small center there is extremely limited choices when it comes to coaches, like she is the only one - so that's one of the reasons I've turned to the forum. You are also probably correct that I have lost inches - my clothes are fitting better. While it may be a NSV it is a victory nonetheless and I will take it as such and celebrate it as such.
Hey Spiritman! You are doing great! One of the things I started doing since I don't see a coach is measuring hips, waist, neck, etc. so I could track those inches lost! It helps with those WTF??? moments If you don't already have one, you can pick up a sewing tape measure almost anywhere (even WalMart). One like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Singer-96-Inch...g+tape+measure

sahmmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #19

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

You lost a huge amount the first week. Your body has a lot of rebuilding to do to get adjusted to that. It is still working to make sure that amount is really gone, not just water weight lurking to hop right back on.

The loses will even out, nothing nearly as dramatic as the first week but steady. Make sure you are getting in all the veggies and the oil. Put the oil on the veggies to make sure you are getting all of it in. If you use it for cooking you don't get the full amount needed.

Pat
Old 03-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #20

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

So awesome that you am your wife are doing ip together!!!!
LizJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
The loses will even out, nothing nearly as dramatic as the first week but steady. Make sure you are getting in all the veggies and the oil. Put the oil on the veggies to make sure you are getting all of it in. If you use it for cooking you don't get the full amount needed.

Pat
Now that I think of it the oil is something that I haven't been using as much as I should be. Main reason is that I have a sensitivity to olive oil, coconut oil and the grapeseed oil - bad things happen in the intestines

Would something like canola oil work as a replacement or does it need to be one of the three above mentioned oils?
Old 03-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizJazz View Post
So awesome that you am your wife are doing ip together!!!!
She had a great WI yesterday - 1.5 pounds down and 3 inches around her waist, 1/2 inch on her arms and 1 inch on her bust line. BOOOO to that last measurement but that's just my husbandly nature showing through.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #23
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Now that I think of it the oil is something that I haven't been using as much as I should be. Main reason is that I have a sensitivity to olive oil, coconut oil and the grapeseed oil - bad things happen in the intestines

Would something like canola oil work as a replacement or does it need to be one of the three above mentioned oils?
It really is supposed to be grapeseed or olive oil, this is not referring to cooking oil (much of it gets cooked off and some of the chemical properties change) but oil you should be taking in uncooked. Canola oil is heat-refined (highly processed) while olive oil is pressed to gather the oil and not processed, it retains many more of the nutrients than canola oil does.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.