Color Run San Francisco

• Anyone out there going to be at this event?

I am going to be running it this Saturday with friends. I was told by my coach to make sure I have a packet after the run.

So my question is: if it's okay to do this 5K, can I start incorporating runs a few days a week, given that I am replenishing right after?

My body responds amazingly well to running but I don't want to overdo it.

Is there anyone in P1 that does running/jogging at all?
  • LOL Anyone have an answer?
  • It will slow your losses, I run anyways because I love it, and my legs looks awesome, and I am burning fat from my belly whch I need really badly, my tummy is still 32 inckes. Keep in mind you will have slower losses. I eat my restrcited before I run, and I have protein right after, and lots of water
    Have fun......I cant see the harm
  • Sorry I don't have an answer. Maybe if you try asking this in the daily chat thread you might get more responses.....it can be hard to keep up with all the new threads.
  • Yes i agree, do to that thread, people are really nice and extremely supportive of exercise.
  • you are good to run! I started running after 12 weeks into IP but was doing light cardio right from day one on the program. I truly believe that exercise will only increase your losses and keep your muscle tone tight! Good luck! I am doing Color Run in Chicago in June...cannot wait!
  • Thanks for the input. much appreciated.
  • One of the reasons exercise slows your losses is that it helps to retain muscle. This is one of the dirty little secrets of most PSMF programs, including IP.

That said - there is such a thing as too much exercise and it's easy to over do it when following a very calorie restricted diet because the body's ability to recover is impaired.

Intensity is a big deal - which is why I wouldn't reccomend someone go all out with crossfit while in phase 1 because it could very easily lead to an injury.
  • You are right John, great advice, love it.
  • I weight lift, I am pretty lean right now in my lower body due to that i carry weight in bust and tummy. But my legs look pretty rockin.
  • I run an average of about 20-30 miles per week. Whether i'm running a short or long distance, I always have a packet before my run and after my run. I like to have a restricted before my run - particularly a restricted so that I have lots of energy.

My coach was a serious runner and he recommended also trying a serving of tuna after the run and a big salad with protein also goes well after the run.

Be sure to drink lots and lots of water the day before!!!

Quote: Anyone out there going to be at this event?

I am going to be running it this Saturday with friends. I was told by my coach to make sure I have a packet after the run.

So my question is: if it's okay to do this 5K, can I start incorporating runs a few days a week, given that I am replenishing right after?

My body responds amazingly well to running but I don't want to overdo it.

Is there anyone in P1 that does running/jogging at all?