Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #31  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetShe View Post
I hope no one takes this as negative but I need to make a whiney compliant...I've lost 27 lbs so far and been overweight my whole life...its interesting where you lose weight in this diet vs other diets. For examole, you can see it in my face in my cheeks and even nose but not so much on the jaw line..and here is my whine...I noticed today my backside is getting flabby...but, I will gladly take whatever loose flab comes my way...it probably won't stay that way forever...just never realized I may have inherited my moms flat nonexistent bottom!!
It will all even out when you get closer to goal. I admit that it can be a little frustrating when your pants look deflated in the rear, but the waist is still tight.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #32  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
I went to the hardware store the other day and one of the sales ladies is walking past and says "I love that hair cut on you" I say thanks and keep shopping, when I get to the till she comes up and starts staring at me then says "there is something different about you" I then tell her about the weight-loss and she was ecstatic for me and said "I knew you looked to go for it to be just the hair". I loved that, made me feel great and just wanted to share.
That had to feel great!!

I had my first hair comment yesterday. A colleague was sitting in my office chatting when she commented how great my hair looked, and asked if I had just had it done. She said I looked like I had just walked out of the salon. This was pretty funny given that I haven't had time to even get my hair trimmed in months, and I've been thinking it looked pretty shaggy lately especially since I've only been blow drying it halfway. (I've been spoiled being on vacation and haven't quite settled back into my work routine.) Anyway, I just said thanks and moved the conversation along.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 232.2/ticker/132

Height: 5"4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Hunger definitely comes and goes on IP.

I find the rotini, omelets, and soups very filling.

Don't forget that lettuce is unlimited...I eat a ton of it!
Thank you! and i believe the rotini is NOT restricted?
Old 02-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 232.2/ticker/132

Height: 5"4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I go through periods of hunger with IP, for sure when TOM is comming, and also just random weeks. Some tips to help out.

2 egg whites meet the 0/0/0 (only once per day), so use those to help when you are hungry. I usually keep a bunch of hard boiled eggs in my fridge to grab when I need them.

Make zuchini muffins from the packets. It is more filling that way, and you can split them up and eat them throughout the day.

Try to sleep more. I notice that I get super hungry after 9pm, so I usually go to bed at 9. (I get up at 5:30 am)

Drink hot tea/coffee when you are hungry. You'd be amazed how much this one helps.
Thank you Ragdoll - what packets do you use for the zuchinni muffins and can you have 2 egg whites OR 1 boiled egg? My coach said I could have one boiled egg a day if I needed it, i haven't yet, but think I may.....
Old 02-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousatfifty View Post
Thank you! and i believe the rotini is NOT restricted?
You are correct, non-restricted!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #36  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Okay going to repeat some questions here that I asked yesterday and see if I get any ideas, plus a new one or two.
First I see the abbreviation DH and not sure what it means?

If adding an extra packet or deli meat to your daily food allowance, should there be a range for sodium I should keep it under?

Would Bragg's Liquid Aminos be allowed OP?

I like reading the forums, for the most part everyone is so supportive and sharing. It's really very helpful. Have a great day guys and gals
Old 02-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
Okay going to repeat some questions here that I asked yesterday and see if I get any ideas, plus a new one or two.
First I see the abbreviation DH and not sure what it means?

If adding an extra packet or deli meat to your daily food allowance, should there be a range for sodium I should keep it under?

Would Bragg's Liquid Aminos be allowed OP?

I like reading the forums, for the most part everyone is so supportive and sharing. It's really very helpful. Have a great day guys and gals
DH = Darling Husband

Don't worry about the extra sodium from a packet. However, you really shouldn't eat deli meat. Most have nitrates/hidden sugars. Also, a serving size is generally 2 oz and since you need 8 oz per day, you would have to quadruple the nutrition facts. If it's an emergency I would stick with 2 oz of turkey.

Bragg's is fine!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Good morning everyone. Feels like I haven't got on the thread in the morning for awhile. Been rough days (family wise not diet) and more rough days coming, but still working IP, plugging along. So far it has not been hard to stay on plan, it kind of feels like the only thing I have control of and is a routine right now and I think I take comfort in that.

On a lighter note.....Been observing how important meal/snack time is to me. Anyone else go through this? As a mom usually it's grab this chug that get everyone else looked after. Lately, even though I can see I alienate myself a bit from family at eating times. I make sure to have the kids taken care of which many times means they eat first (bad me not eating with them all the time), but my time to sit and eat my food has become very important suddenly. I guess there are only these certain times a day that I eat and I want to take full advantage. Even when I open my snack at night I find I get grumpy if I am interupted from it to take care of something else. When I am savoring my food I want no interuptions. Maybe it could be hormones.....who knows.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #39  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetShe View Post
I hope no one takes this as negative but I need to make a whiney compliant...I've lost 27 lbs so far and been overweight my whole life...its interesting where you lose weight in this diet vs other diets. For examole, you can see it in my face in my cheeks and even nose but not so much on the jaw line..and here is my whine...I noticed today my backside is getting flabby...but, I will gladly take whatever loose flab comes my way...it probably won't stay that way forever...just never realized I may have inherited my moms flat nonexistent bottom!!
I'll trade you your flat butt for mine . . . it comes complete with a lovely shelf!!
Old 02-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #40  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
On a lighter note.....Been observing how important meal/snack time is to me. Anyone else go through this? As a mom usually it's grab this chug that get everyone else looked after. Lately, even though I can see I alienate myself a bit from family at eating times. I make sure to have the kids taken care of which many times means they eat first (bad me not eating with them all the time), but my time to sit and eat my food has become very important suddenly. I guess there are only these certain times a day that I eat and I want to take full advantage. Even when I open my snack at night I find I get grumpy if I am interupted from it to take care of something else. When I am savoring my food I want no interuptions. Maybe it could be hormones.....who knows.
I know exactly what you mean. I act like our dog does when he's given a bone . . . he goes off to his favorite spot in the house and does not want to be bothered . . . I'm the same way . . . and I just might bite if anyone considers having any of my Pure Protein bars . . .

Last edited by SylviesGirl; 02-27-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 192/172/150

Does anyone have any problems with depression or mood swings? I'm thinking maybe it's the soy packets but this is just a guess. I've been on IP since Thanksgiving and lately I've had some really bad days where i don't want to get out of bed and cry a lot and then later in the day want to bite everyone's head off for no reason. Also my skin has been very irritable/itchy at night and sleep is restless. I'm 46 so it might just be perimenopause but I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

Thanks for any input/help!
Denise
Old 02-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #42  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
DH = Darling Husband

Don't worry about the extra sodium from a packet. However, you really shouldn't eat deli meat. Most have nitrates/hidden sugars. Also, a serving size is generally 2 oz and since you need 8 oz per day, you would have to quadruple the nutrition facts. If it's an emergency I would stick with 2 oz of turkey.

Bragg's is fine!

Thanks so much for your response.

I still have my dinner with 6 to 8 ounces of lean meat, My coach has me adding the extra protien because I have been losing too much lean muscle and honestly I would rather not go with the extra packet because I haven't found that many that I can stand and the deli meat is so much more appetizing to me. I currently have Boar's Head oven roast turkey so the stats of that is 1g fat, 13g protein 0g carbs and 350mg sodium per 2 ounces and that's the serving size I have.

I am asking about the sodium here because she said I could have the deli meat a week ago without giving me any guide lines, but then at this weeks WI she told me the deli meat is the reason I didn't have much of a loss this week (This was my 5th week WI by the way, seems common from what I have read to have a slow week here), because its full of sugars and sodium. I had read the nutrition information carefully so I asked her what amount of sodium would be okay and she replied she did not know and I must use a packet instead. So I asked why she even said I could have the deli meat to begin with and she just stared at me.

I need extra protein that much is obvious because my lean muscle loss slowed to almost no extra this last week. So I just need to figure out how to get the extra protein while still being 100% OP. I am still very new to the program and just trying to understand how to maintain my lean muscles.

Last edited by MntRose; 02-27-2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: missing 'm's
Old 02-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #43  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousatfifty View Post
Thank you Ragdoll - what packets do you use for the zuchinni muffins and can you have 2 egg whites OR 1 boiled egg? My coach said I could have one boiled egg a day if I needed it, i haven't yet, but think I may.....
I like using the oatmeal, but the IP one is restricted. I use an alternative one that isn't restricted. Check the recipe threads, because you should be able to use the shakes also.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #44  
Started IP 1/1/13

S/C/G: 132/See Ticker/118

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Does anyone have any problems with depression or mood swings? I'm thinking maybe it's the soy packets but this is just a guess. I've been on IP since Thanksgiving and lately I've had some really bad days where i don't want to get out of bed and cry a lot and then later in the day want to bite everyone's head off for no reason. Also my skin has been very irritable/itchy at night and sleep is restless. I'm 46 so it might just be perimenopause but I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.
Yes! I've been super cranky the past couple of weeks, and it's starting to affect my relationship with DH. I just can't explain to him why I've been in such a bad mood. Maybe it is the soy; I never thought about that. I had been thinking it had to do with all the work I've been having to do in prepping and planning my meals. That can get exhausting! I need to start following the advice I've read on some of the other threads and spend an hour or so on the weekend to prep and plan for the week.

Hope you start to feel better!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #45  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post

Thanks so much for your response.

I still have my dinner with 6 to 8 ounces of lean meat, My coach has me adding the extra protien because I have been losing too much lean muscle and honestly I would rather not go with the extra packet because I haven't found that many that I can stand and the deli meat is so much more appetizing to me. I currently have Boar's Head oven roast turkey so the stats of that is 1g fat, 13g protein 0g carbs and 350mg sodium per 2 ounces and that's the serving size I have.

I am asking about the sodium here because she said I could have the deli meat a week ago without giving me any guide lines, but then at this weeks WI she told me the deli meat is the reason I didn't have much of a loss this week (This was my 5th week WI by the way, seems common from what I have read to have a slow week here), because its full of sugars and sodium. I had read the nutrition information carefully so I asked her what amount of sodium would be okay and she replied she did not know and I must use a packet instead. So I asked why she even said I could have the deli meat to begin with and she just stared at me.

I need extra protein that much is obvious because my lean muscle loss slowed to almost no extra this last week. So I just need to figure out how to get the extra protein while still being 100% OP. I am still very new to the program and just trying to understand how to maintain my lean muscles.
My "coach" was just about as informed...that's why I went rogue! LOL I have 4 packs a day because she told me that I was losing lean muscle and I was starving (like angry hungry!) and until recently my weight loss has been great. Remember that you can have 2 egg whites and if you are using eggs instead of an extra pack, I would imagine you could have whole eggs rather than whites...I like to use 2 hard boiled egg whites with a bowl of lettuce and WF dressing when i need something extra....
Closed Thread