Old 02-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/210/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Struggling

Hey Guys!

Sooooo I'm struggling this week! I was okay last week....I was doing great but then I had problems with my coach (I have since switched coaches) and I had an incident involving an injured dog (found him on the side of the road clearly injured and neglected and the vet thought they were going to have to put him down.....that was thurs and I can report that as of yesterday he had surgery and is doing better) and ever since then, I've been on a roller coaster! I'm fine all day but then when I get home from work BAM! I donno what takes over me but I start going craving crazy....I am slowing starting to get it under control but I also feel a lot of guilt about not being able to do it 100% Anyway today I got some sugar-free chocolate I had 2 but I have stopped..... Am I completely derailing myself here? I'm meeting with my new coach on Friday and I'm hoping I can have a re-start because then at least Ill have all the information... (my old coach gave me food and sent me on my way.....no vitamins or mention of oil.....) I should also mention I'm traveling for business and find it SUPER difficult as well! HELP!
ktgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #2  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Are you derailing yourself? Short answer=yes. When you're out of ketosis the cravings are tough. Can you do this by yourself? Short answer = yes. So don't worry about the coaches. Lots of people on here have a bad coach or none at all. Read, read, read. There are lots of posts on travelling on IP, on how to deal with stress etc. etc. We're here to chat to and share recipes and whatever else you need. The "mental" stuff is the toughest but you're recognizing your issues. Tomorrow is a new day but don't wait till then. THIS EVENING can be a new start too! Grab some water, some tea, some celery... push through and get back on track.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #3  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

I for one could not do this if I was still craving sugar/ carbs. Every cheat sets you back. If you could get through three days..the cravings go away..honestly you will be amazed how easy it gets. Plan out every meal..plan for trips, meetings, social events and when you get through each one it makes you stronger! You can do it!
jeffiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #4  

Hey ktgal - Ive learned emotional eating does not do anything but make you feel even worse about yourself. It does nothing to help you. Get up, do the best that you can until you can start with your new coach then stick to it with the new coach and come on here for help BEFORE you eat.
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/210/140

Height: 5'4"

I know I need to power through this! I got rid of the chocolates and I'll be home tomorrow and I'm not traveling for the next month. I think if I can get through the month, then when I travel again, Ill have figured out what I need to do!

I am so glad I have the forum I think if I didn't have some way to verbalize my issues, I would continue to self-destruct.....

Thanks again for listening.
ktgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #6  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

You're not alone btw. Many of us are still battling "habits" that have nothing to do with actual hunger. Me included. That's why I come on here so much at night -- helps me keep the midnight munchies at bay.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #7  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Turn the page, start fresh and keep going.
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote