3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Tracking Unlimited Lettuce (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/276516-tracking-unlimited-lettuce.html)

PacNW IP 02-26-2013 03:10 PM

Tracking Unlimited Lettuce

For those of you who track using My Fitness Pal or some other tracking software, do you include counts for your unlimited lettuce?

leannekarella 02-26-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacNW IP (Post 4647267)
For those of you who track using My Fitness Pal or some other tracking software, do you include counts for your unlimited lettuce?

I do. I have one big salad a day and I put in everything, including the 3 cups lettuce. On top of that lettuce I have select veggies like peppers and such.

I put EVERYTHING into MFP though. Even a squirt of Mio or a packet of Splenda...just so it's all there. I'm pretty anal retentive about it...even though I don't think it's completely necessary.

DontGiveUp17 02-26-2013 03:31 PM

I do.... but I don't think it's necessary. I'm just used to doing it and like to see everything I ate for the day.

lisa32989 02-26-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontGiveUp17 (Post 4647292)
I do.... but I don't think it's necessary. I'm just used to doing it and like to see everything I ate for the day.

I put in the lettuce.
I'm not as anal & don't put my vitamins, Mio, and only sometimes put the WF products.

If I ever stalled (defined as SEVERAL WEEKS of no scale or measurement movement), I would probably get more specific in my tracking.

Right now I look at it as good practice in tracking what I eat.
There is certainly nothing WRONG with tracking absolutely everything ingested :) I have neither time, patience, nor memory ;)

leannekarella 02-26-2013 05:17 PM

Actually, I use MFP as my daily meal planner. I fill it out the night before so that there's no last minute guessing the day of. Only time it's wrong is if I happen to be away from home unexpectedly, then I update it when I get home.

I'm getting a little freaky about the 2 weeks I'll be on vacation end of March with limited Internet access. No MFP, no 3FC when I might really need the support!:eek:

lisa32989 02-26-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leannekarella (Post 4647432)
Actually, I use MFP as my daily meal planner. I fill it out the night before so that there's no last minute guessing the day of. Only time it's wrong is if I happen to be away from home unexpectedly, then I update it when I get home.

I'm getting a little freaky about the 2 weeks I'll be on vacation end of March with limited Internet access. No MFP, no 3FC when I might really need the support!:eek:

Do you have a smart phone? I use MFP on there.

leannekarella 02-26-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4647461)
Do you have a smart phone? I use MFP on there.

I'm cheap! I can only use my smartphone if there's a wi-fi hotspot, which really isn't hard to find these days... I don't pay for data.

I work on the road, so I'll be checking in every night from my laptop when I can... We're driving from Washington State to San Francisco - 6 days; 5 nights there. Then driving slowly back up 101 on the coast for another week.

I have stocked up my supply of IP packets, alternative packets, planning what I can eat in the hotel room and what protein I will be eating out. I'm not worried about veggies...I have no problem ever finding those. Healthy meat is my big obstacle (because of money and this vacation is on a budget!) I'm thinking grocery store rotisserie chicken will be eaten a lot...which is fine... LOVE the stuff!

jeffiner 02-26-2013 08:11 PM

Subway salads are good..and around here there is a subway on every corner!

lisa32989 02-27-2013 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leannekarella (Post 4647535)
I'm thinking grocery store rotisserie chicken will be eaten a lot...which is fine... LOVE the stuff!

My grocery stores inject with a sugar containing solution :(
I hardly ever eat these anymore after that was pointed out (and bought a home rotisserie, which doesn't help for road trips). Used to love them. It makes me CRAZY how the food industry puts sugar in seemingly EVERYTHING!

leannekarella 02-27-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4648003)
My grocery stores inject with a sugar containing solution :(
I hardly ever eat these anymore after that was pointed out (and bought a home rotisserie, which doesn't help for road trips). Used to love them. It makes me CRAZY how the food industry puts sugar in seemingly EVERYTHING!

You do know you just ruined my life, right?
I was out all day, picked up 2 Costco rotisserie chickens for dinner for a couple of days... Came home, ate...then read this post.

I went to the plastic bubble they pack them in and sure enough, you're right. Potato starch, rice starch, sugar...among other things.

:cry:

lisa32989 02-27-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leannekarella (Post 4649183)
I was out all day, picked up 2 Costco rotisserie chickens for dinner for a couple of days... Came home, ate...then read this post.

I went to the plastic bubble they pack them in and sure enough, you're right. Potato starch, rice starch, sugar...among other things.

Not trying to ruin your life...trying to HELP! They hide that crap EVERYWHERE!
The food processors are the ones who ruin it! :p
They make me :bat:

Don't even get me started about what I had to give up IP food-wise! :mad:
On an already highly restricted plan!

leannekarella 02-27-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4649200)
Not trying to ruin your life...trying to HELP! They hide that crap EVERYWHERE!
The food processors are the ones who ruin it! :p
They make me :bat:

Don't even get me started about what I had to give up IP food-wise! :mad:
On an already highly restricted plan!

I was joking about the ruining my life. But it is upsetting. I thought that was one thing I could count on for when I'm traveling.

Actually, thank you for the information. :)

ladylunk 02-27-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leannekarella (Post 4649183)

Awe I felt bad for you when I read this! Poor Lisa the bearer of the bad news. Stupid food industry! At least you know if you are in a pinch you can still go to this as obviously you have been using them and are still doing well. I am sure you don't have to swear off them forever and especially for your vacation. You just might be doing sunday roast chickens (note that is plural) a bit more often now to get you through the busy weeks. I think a lot of coaches say these are ok. I know someone who has them on this diet. Same coach as me and they suggested it. So maybe they need to rethink this....

lisa32989 02-27-2013 10:44 PM

So many coaches know so little. I wonder if THEY have read the label?
Or if they think it is just 100% chicken?

ladylunk 02-27-2013 10:50 PM

I know our coach just says to make sure to take the bbq covered skin off. Which sounds bad enough......Guess they haven't read them. I will be doing that next time I am at the store. Will be interesting to see if they do that at my grocery stores. Assuming they probably do, but worth checking.