Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #46  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Here is a link to the thread for the WF products...before anyone gives you a hard time about not searching the threads before asking a question...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-reviews.html
THANKS!

I do remember seeing that now that you mention it. I'll go read up on it . . . I am trying to do this plan as frugally as I can, so I only want to buy a couple items and work with those until I am tired enough of them, then I'll move on to a couple more, if needed. Thanks again.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #47  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlnelson View Post
Small NSV to share: I grew up as a swimmer and every since I stopped swimming in college, I started to put on weight. Over the last few years, I really haven't been into swimming (suits look funny, no energy, etc). Yesterday night I jumped in the pool and I told myself that I would try to do 1000 yards (little over a half mile). I got to that point and still had energy, so I aimed for a mile (1650 yards). I still had energy and went on to do 2000 yards in all. I made myself stop becasue I was afraid of how sore I would be today. I still feel physically pretty good (we'll see what tonight brings) but I was so excited to actually be able to accomplish a workout. Thanks for letting me share!
WAY TO GO! This is very inspirational to read . . . I look forward to a day when, after doing activity, I want to do MORE activity . . . glad to see it can happen! What a terrific feeling for you to have! Congrats.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawsy View Post
I have my annual physical today. Can't wait for the doc's reaction. Fifty pounds lighter since I saw him last!
So exciting!! I can't wait to see my DR in April. She's been very happy and supportive of me.

Who have thought we'd like going to the Dr??

Old 02-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #49  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Haha. I can't wait to see my Dr. in July either! I should be close to my goal and can't wait for her reaction.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #50  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Jeez, that's quite a $$ commitment for something I've never used or tasted. Well, I guess that's the nature of the beast with this plan, so I'll just have to deal with it. Thanks for answering my question.

For those who will post here today, would you mind mentioning a WF product, or two, that you would say is the most useful/helpful to you so far? Thanks.
Some places have a sample pack of WF products. You really should try them before you buy any amount. I blew through $40 at the start of this diet because I just bought everything that sounded good. It all went in the garbage except a couple of items.

My absolute favorite is the Pancake Syrup. The Strawberry Syrup is pretty okay... All the salad dressings, mayos, dips, made me gag and tasted like I was eating liquid plastics.

Last edited by leannekarella; 02-26-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #51  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawsy View Post
I have my annual physical today. Can't wait for the doc's reaction. Fifty pounds lighter since I saw him last!
I'm sure he will be excited for you! Good job!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Good luck with your physical!!! Your doctor should be proud of you! I saw my Doctor last week to have her check on my blood pressure. I stopped taking my meds about 2 and 1/2 weeks prior to seeing her and I'm happy to say my BP is within the normal range....without any meds!!! Yippeeee. I'm going to go back and see her in a month just to be sure. Feels great to get rid of those pills as I've been on them for years. Now the only thing I take besides my IP supplements is HRT....not sure I'll ever get off those (I had to have a full hysterectomy due to endometriosis almost 3 years ago).
Yay for getting off of BP meds!!! That's awesome!!!
Quote:
THANKS!

I do remember seeing that now that you mention it. I'll go read up on it . . . I am trying to do this plan as frugally as I can, so I only want to buy a couple items and work with those until I am tired enough of them, then I'll move on to a couple more, if needed. Thanks again.
I really like the maple syrup, the bacon ranch, and the mayo. I didn't care for the BBQ sauce, but most others love it. It's tastes too maple like to me. If you check the walden farm site, you can check for more stores in your area that might carry other choices. I found a store, that I had no idea was there. They carry almost all of the different flavors!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #52  
Started IP 1/7/13

S/C/G: 252/220/152

Woke up to a very beautiful day in South Louisiana - which are not very frequent - and I have to saw, it sure did make me feel beautiful today. I love seeing all the positive posts IPeeps!

As for WF products, I've bought the Thousand Island dressing, specificily for the Big Mac in a Bowl, the Pancake Syrup. Both are yummy to me. I bought the Peanut Spread - opened it, smelled it, gagged, and never tried it. It didn't even smell like peanuts, it had a very chemical smell. I've been looking for the chocolate syrup but my store has been out so I'm hoping that means it's good.

I've been drying all my pants and they are still falling off or dragging the ground! I love it, but I already feel short as it is.

I'm finally over that hump that I never was able to get over on other diets in the past. Seemed like I would not get below 231 so it feels great to be in the 220s in only 7 weeks!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #53  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
THANKS!

If you purchase something and it isn't good by itself, remember that you can use most stuff as an ingredient...for example, the PB is gross by itself but I make an asian peanut sauce with it that I use for stir fry, dip or even dressing. The alfredo itself wasn't great but I added seasonings and plenty of veggies and it made an acceptable substitute for alfredo. I used the garlic & herb pasta sauce as a marinade for chicken (but that's one I wouldn't bother buying again FYI). I don't throw anything out at my house...just re-purpose it! LOL That's why DH calls me the kitchen sink chef!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #54  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I had weigh in today, down another 3.6!!

I love my coach! She's always so encouraging, and helpful! I really lucked out. I wish everyone could have a great coach like her.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

So did my first WI today and was down 3.2 . I am pretty happy as i have never lost that much weight in one week before. But secretly I wanted 5 lbs . Had a few obstacles my first week so really looking forward to the upcoming week.

And booked a cruise for Jan 26/14 - Calling it my skinny cruise

WI#1 -3.2
Old 02-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #56  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post
So did my first WI today and was down 3.2 . I am pretty happy as i have never lost that much weight in one week before. But secretly I wanted 5 lbs . Had a few obstacles my first week so really looking forward to the upcoming week.

And booked a cruise for Jan 26/14 - Calling it my skinny cruise

WI#1 -3.2
That's great! And what a treat to look forward to!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 211.5/147.6/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresac View Post
Thanks for your suggestions everyone! I actually do have my candy in a locked chest, behind a locked door, and last night neither of these locks were in place! Thanks for the reminder of the importance of using all diversions! I love lookig at everyones starting weight an current weight. Gives me sooooooo much HOPE!
I may have missed this part but why do you have candy in the house? Girlie send that candy packin'!!!

..okay so I skipped a whole page and missed that you run a candy business out of your house.

Last edited by gardenhoe; 02-26-2013 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Because I scroll faster then I can read....
Old 02-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #58  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by my31rewards View Post
I've been drying all my pants and they are still falling off or dragging the ground! I love it, but I already feel short as it is.

I'm finally over that hump that I never was able to get over on other diets in the past. Seemed like I would not get below 231 so it feels great to be in the 220s in only 7 weeks!
OMG, that's right! I can start drying my clothes!?! Yippeee! I haven't dried my jeans in ages, because they just barely weren't too tight. Thanks for reminding me!

Congrats on getting over that hump. It sounds like it is an important one for you. You and I are about the same size . . . same height, I mean, and started near the same weight. I know all about pants dragging! LOL Congrats again.

Thanks for all the help on the WF products. I didn't know they had a product locator on their site . . . I will try that. I have been trying to go as long as possible just eating very basic food, but I know I need to keep ahead of myself so that I don't get bored and rebel.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

It IS funny to look forward to going to the doctor rather than dreading it.

I actually want them to weigh me now - Last time I was there the medical assistant wanted to re weigh me because she thought she had written the # down wrong - she was muttering that weight just can't be right and then said lets go back to the scale. I very proudly said - Oh its right - I've been losing a ton of weight. What a different feeling for me.

I have an appt tomorrow and I hoping they weigh me. Kinda silly since I know exactly how much I weigh at all times - but I like the kudos when the Dr. comes in. A few positive words go a long way with keeping my spirits up!

One last thing - I got a haircut and color - when I returned to school yesterday parents were asking me if I lost weight or got new glasses because I looked different/ younger somehow. One of the other teachers said - it's her hair!

It just cracked me up because when I started losing weight and my hair was the same old crappy style and color it had always been people said: Gee your hair looks great today! Now that it is actually different they say: Looks like you've lost weight.

Too Funny : and I'm not complaining - I'm happy they are noticing - I've lost almost 80 lbs - but I can't wrap my mind around the hair/weight connection/confusion. It reinforces what someone on here said recently: When you are really overweight people just don't see you.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #60  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Had my 5th week WI today and lost 1.2 lbs, I was really happy that the scale had finally moved a lilttle bit. So that brings my total to 15.1 <3

Asked my coach how much sodium would be okay for the extra deli meat she told me to add last week to my daily foods and she admitted she has no idea at all. So can anyone give me an idea or range for sodium that should be acceptable and still OP? Also off the top of your head it seems like Braggs Aminos should be okay but does anyone know for sure if they are okay to have OP?

Thanks and have a wonderful day
Closed Thread