Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 222/192/165

Height: 5'9"

Day 6 already, you know I have never felt so good. I do get tired at night but I have just been going to bed early....maybe I had some sleep to catch up on!

Have a great day keep it OP!
Old 03-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 284.6/284.6/180.0

Height: 5'7"

Scorbett, You look GREAT! Congratulations on all your hardwork. You are such a role model for those of us on IP. Thank you for all you do for us & for sharing your journey so openly!

Erin
Old 03-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #198  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Thought I'd share this with my 100%ers - here (finally) is the officially official Before and After photo - April 2012 to March 2013! Did it 100% OP, wouldn't do it any other way
Scorbett, the change in you is incredible. You are such an inspiration as to how you embraced this journey and have become a wealth of information for the rest of us.

I am taking a few minutes over lunch today to check in with you. I realized that I didn't log on at all yesterday, it was a crazy whirlwind day. I am now unexpectedly flying out Friday night for a long weekend in the Toronto area. I started a quick batch of zucchini chips on the dehrydrator last night to take. I made them into strips this time to make less work in slicing and placing on the trays and it seems to have worked well. Tonight I may do red pepper strips as I need more portable veg to take for an unpredictable situation. I'm in P2 so the packets aren't as critical but it means I'm worried about getting enough protein. I'll keep an extra strawberry banana drink in my purse just in case.

My wish for this trip is to be able to control stress levels. Last night I felt overwhelmed by it all again. In my food journal I noted "want to eat a huge piece of chocolate, used a bottle of Perrier as a substitute instead". I've been good at not having food cravings during my stress episodes but some ravenous monster took over my body and brain for a few minutes. I felt better as soon as I went to the kitchen and grabbed the Perrier. Good to be in control.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Scorbett-

You look absolutely fantastic. Your transformation is amazing. Of course the mailman noticed How could he not??
Old 03-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Looking for a little advice.

I have been on IP since 10/14/12 and have lost 75 lbs very quickly. I have been 100% all the way.

About 1 month ago I had my first gain and chalked it up to loosing 7 lbs the prior week.

The gain was gone by my official weigh in. I am a crazy daily weigher - bad I know but I usually don't let it get to me.

For the past month - I have gained at least 1/2 of the days I weigh. I have still been down at official weigh in each time but I think total loss for the month is 3 or so lbs.

This really started to get to me Wed when I realized a "possible" side effect of 2 new medications I am taking is weight gain and fluid retention. Oh and the newest interferes with absorption of my thyroid pill.

This has put me into a dark place mentally. The prescriptions are for a recently diagnosed auto immune disorder that cannot be cured but possibly controlled with these medications.

the past few days I can't stop thinking that I'd like to go off the medications, loose the rest of the weight and pick up treatment later. The other part of my brain is telling me that is insane and vain and foolish. To me being at a healthy weight is an important piece of total health.

I really don't know what to do and anytime my mind is not completely occupied these thoughts are consuming me.

I guess I need a good honest conversation with my doctor but this doctor is new for me and I'm not all that comfortable doing that.

Any thoughts or advice? I just needed to put it out there in hopes it could help get it out of my mind.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #201  

Height: magmeepEVE

Scorbett!!! You look so fantastic! Congratulations! And thanks so much for all your advice and support on this board!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #202  

Quote:
Thought I'd share this with my 100%ers - here (finally) is the officially official Before and After photo - April 2012 to March 2013! Did it 100% OP, wouldn't do it any other way
WOW SCORBETT YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!! Congratulations on making goal!!!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #203  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
Looking for a little advice.

I have been on IP since 10/14/12 and have lost 75 lbs very quickly. I have been 100% all the way.

About 1 month ago I had my first gain and chalked it up to loosing 7 lbs the prior week.

The gain was gone by my official weigh in. I am a crazy daily weigher - bad I know but I usually don't let it get to me.

For the past month - I have gained at least 1/2 of the days I weigh. I have still been down at official weigh in each time but I think total loss for the month is 3 or so lbs.

This really started to get to me Wed when I realized a "possible" side effect of 2 new medications I am taking is weight gain and fluid retention. Oh and the newest interferes with absorption of my thyroid pill.

This has put me into a dark place mentally. The prescriptions are for a recently diagnosed auto immune disorder that cannot be cured but possibly controlled with these medications.

the past few days I can't stop thinking that I'd like to go off the medications, loose the rest of the weight and pick up treatment later. The other part of my brain is telling me that is insane and vain and foolish. To me being at a healthy weight is an important piece of total health.

I really don't know what to do and anytime my mind is not completely occupied these thoughts are consuming me.

I guess I need a good honest conversation with my doctor but this doctor is new for me and I'm not all that comfortable doing that.

Any thoughts or advice? I just needed to put it out there in hopes it could help get it out of my mind.
Ok - here's my question...why would you interfere with your physical functionality if you are still showing a loss at your weekly weigh ins? It sounds like you NEED to stop the daily weighing - you are too emotionally attached to the number and aren't seeing the forest for the trees....we ALL fluctuate day to day in weight, but if the overall trend is downward, there is nothing going wrong and nothing that needs changing.

Also, you do NOT want to mess around with autoimmune issues. If you are prescribed medication to help control it, you MUST take it. You can do serious long term damage to your body if you don't, or risk getting VERY ill. My hypothyroidism is from Hashimoto's disease (an autoimmune response) and my mother in law was recently diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Scorbett beautiful transformation!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Scorbett You are one hot mama!!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #206  

Default NSV day

Quote:
The pic says it all lady! Many congrats!

onmyway1014: I'm with Scorbett. The scale is driving you batty. Stay off of it and be happy with the downward trend (and it is wonderful progress, BTW!). And if the meds slow the trend a tad, you're still trending in the right direction so its all good. This isn't a race. The first one to goal doesn't win anything. They just get to learn to maintain first. I have to remind myself of that A LOT! We are each on our own journeys. Each of us will lose at our own, individual pace. I don't have your medical issues, you don't have mine. We both share part of the path and for that I'm so very grateful. My weight was higher today than it was yesterday. It doesn't trend down every day, rather it jumps around during the week. I'm actually glad I'm weighing more often now b/c if it has trended up on WI day, I know it is just part of the rollercoaster & in my head, I'm still the lower weight!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So....today I saw another teacher at work whom I haven't seen in months (we both travel to see students). She said, "You look like a totally different person!" Talk about making my day! Still hardly a word from the folks I work closest with but I mentioned the gal's comment & a couple of people gave me some props personally. I really wasn't hunting for compliments, I was just kinda flying high from the compliment.

I told my husband about the compliment, as well. His comment? "Just wait until July when we go to Michigan for a month. You'll have lost a whole person by then. People won't know what to say"

Anyway, the compliments are few and far between so this one was especially sweet.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #207  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Scorbett - Absolutely Incredible, WTG. You are an inspiration and a gift to us here on 3FC.

OnMyWay - Hang in there. You obviously have some huge life changes you're dealing with, so give yourself as much grace as you can. I concur with Scorbett and Lisa that the ultimate goal is to get to a healthy weight. You've come this far and proven how strong you are as a person. You can do this! Getting to a healthy weight will hopefully give you a better chance to deal with this autoimmune disorder as well as feeling better about yourself. Hugs and prayers to you!

Lisa - I'm glad you got a really nice, well-deserved and long-time coming compliment. The unsolicited ones are the sweetest, aren't they? Who knows what's up with your regular daily co-workers? I guess time will tell, huh.? In the mean time, enjoy this compliment and know that you will only continue to get more and more as the weight keeps flying off!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that I've hit Onderland, my next goal is to weigh less than my DH. So, here's to the next 20lbs to lose and enjoying the journey along the way!

Thanks everyone! Jen
Old 03-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #208  
Started IP 1/14/2012

Onmyway1014: I am sorry to hear about your health struggles. You have done great and you know that IP works, so just trust it however slow it might seem to happen at times. Stay off the scale, stay on the meds. You will then be working on your healthy, mentally and physically.

Lisa: wonderful comments! Looking at it from your co-workers perspective maybe they just don't notice it as much. I am one of those that tend to rarely notice changes in people except extreme hair makeovers that happen overnight. I just don't pay attention someone as being overweight so it seems less significant to me to see them at a lesser size. Same concept for myself too, it took a long time to see how big I'd gotten and a long time to see me shrink. I have noticed that this perception is changing so maybe now I'll start to notice in myself as much as in others.

JenRem: sounds like you have a good motivating goal in front of you. Good luck!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #209  
Started IP 1/14/2012

I almost forgot! WI tonight and down 3.8lbs from last week. This was the water retention that had me up last week but also validates that I really did whoosh to goal over the weekend. Plus 1 inch off my waist, coach measured three times.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #210  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Thank you so much everyone for the kind words I'm just glad I could share the journey with you all - and show you the results of all the help you've given me along the way!!!
Closed Thread