Weigh-in rituals

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I weigh in at 9am every Friday. I wear the same lightweight outfit and uggs so I can slip those off. I always make sure to empty my bladder when I arrive at my clinic. Also, I don't turn the heat on in my car, in fear I may gain an ounce by warming up my body. Oh and I step on the scale ever so delicately. Hahaha.
  • Quote: Also, I don't turn the heat on in my car, in fear I may gain an ounce by warming up my body.
    Tell me more about this please!!
  • Quote: Tell me more about this please!!
    When the muscles warm up in the body, they retain fluid to protect tissues from inflammation. That's why you should not work out before weighing in or getting measurements down.

Heat also increases blood flow to the tissues which requires more fluids. Hence, fluid retention.
  • Thank you!! I'll have to keep the heat off and not run up the 2 flights of stairs at my doctors office. So many little things to know!!
  • I get to weigh at home and just tell them what it was This means I get to weigh first thing in the morning without clothes
  • salt/sodium issues in IP food
    For me the sodium is something I've always watched...this is not just because of IP...We NEVER buy processed soups and actually try to stay away from processed anything....I've always made my own soups. Same with tomato sauce. (Which I am not eating at all these days...) Once I'm off IP I'll not be using processed soups at all. I think mine are much healthier. Usually a clear chicken broth with vegetables...and the protein (meat) is on the side or chopped up in the soup. We also don't use noodles...as I must follow gluten free. I am sensitive to wheat, and I have two kids with full blown celiac disease! Brown or wild rice is good instead of noodles but I can live with out it...
    The reason to go with the IP soups for me right now is because I know the program is balanced and the foods are manufactured to supply most of the nutrients needed. However...800-1000 mg of sodium at one meal does me in, and is not something I'll be continuing...weigh-ins or NO!!!
  • I guess this counts as a thread *bump*? I'm not even sure what I googled to find this thread last night, but I think it helped.

I had not had any rituals, outside of wearing the same dress each week (I am P1, Week 7, Day 1). I'm super excited to be losing, but some weeks would be a little frustrated with the disparity between my home scale and my clinic scale, which varied from 3 pounds, in favor of my home scale, to half a pound, in favor of the clinic scale (this morning).

My WI is at 11am so holding off on breakfast is not a good option. Also, pounding a shake around 9:30, on the fly, not so much either. So, going forward here is what I plan to do:

*night-before dinner - sautéed shrimp over salad; lots and lots of water for the rest of the night
    *before bed snack by 8pm (sometimes this is as late as 11:30pm, so probably not so good the night before WI)
    *am of WI - shake or drink by 7am
    *water and coffee until 9am
    *11 am WI

All of the above just made me "feel lighter" and more ready, on a purely mental level!

Anyone else with WI rituals?
  • My morning of weigh in was always the same light clothes (jersey top with lycra tights and of course all boots off, lol) and the same breakfast of Peach Mango drink with only my pre-breakfast cup of water for my non IP medical supplements. I waited until after to take breakfast vitamins with lots more water. Pee just before my appointment. (*and hope I had already pooped, lol*)

Liana