Old 03-17-2014, 08:27 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrazy13 View Post
Well, I follow the guidelines... I just happen to be using alternatives... I feel like some members on here think that being 100% IP is the best (and only) way to make this diet successful, but that isn't true. You can still follow the guidelines and lose weight without being 100% IP. Just saying...
There are plenty of people that use alternatives but still stick with the protocol rules.

Also, if you stick around the forum long enough you will see that, yes, people still lose weight not being 100% OP but the majority of people that keep the weight off for good are OP, all the time.

Many people have come and gone throughout the last year and most of the ones who have "gone" are the ones who widen the loop holes.

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 03-17-2014 at 08:28 PM.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:35 PM   #347  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
There are plenty of people that use alternatives but still stick with the protocol rules.

Also, if you stick around the forum long enough you will see that, yes, people still lose weight not being 100% OP but the majority of people that keep the weight off for good are OP, all the time.

Many people have come and gone throughout the last year and most of the ones who have "gone" are the ones who widen the loop holes.
Well, I am one of those people who follow the guidelines... you are allowed one restricted item a day, and my Quest bar is my restricted item.

When I respond to people regarding the Quest bars, it's just to let them know that they can still lose weight even if they have one a day (which is allowed on this protocol). Sometimes people need a restricted item to get them through the day or week. Since it's allowed, I don't see what the problem is... I always seem to get negative responses from one member, and I don't know why... maybe I'm missing something?
karkrazy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Well, I am one of those people who follow the guidelines... you are allowed one restricted item a day, and my Quest bar is my restricted item.

When I respond to people regarding the Quest bars, it's just to let them know that they can still lose weight even if they have one a day (which is allowed on this protocol). Sometimes people need a restricted item to get them through the day or week. Since it's allowed, I don't see what the problem is... I always seem to get negative responses from one member, and I don't know why... maybe I'm missing something?
krazykat...
There is NO problem having one restricted item per day, you are right. In fact, IP was designed to include one each day for everyone.

The comments shared were not to dissuade anyone either from using alternatives, nor having a restricted item. 100% OP includes both scenarios and just about everyone here stands by that!

What was being pointed out was simply that when choosing restricted or non-restricted items, one has to look at the carb/sugar content, the fat content AND the calorie content. Each of those has IP comparable guidelines and tells you if an item is non-restricted, restricted or non-compliant.

Some Quest bars are too high on at least one of these items to be used daily and still be IP compliant. (Super restricted quest bars, of which there are a few, would be on the high side of one of these items and would be more wisely used 1-2 times per week.)

So the caution wasn't to not use Quest, it was just to be sure everyone knows to consider all three factors when selecting bars.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #349  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:

I agree. I think it is important to have your special/restricted item, it makes for a good treat. I know it helps keep me focused and prevents cheating.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my FAVORITE!
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:58 PM   #350  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I agree. I think it is important to have your special/restricted item, it makes for a good treat. I know it helps keep me focused and prevents cheating.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my FAVORITE!
I love the Cinnamon Roll, Strawberry Cheesecake, Coconut Cashew, and the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!
karkrazy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:59 AM   #351  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

I also LOVE the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, but can't buy more than one at a time. They are just TOO good. I don't like what might happen if I had a whole box of them in the house.

Right now, I am loving the Vanilla Almond Crunch. I cut it up into little pieces, about 20 pieces, and freeze it in a ziploc baggie. It takes a long time to eat, and it tastes like chewy, caramel/nut candy! I can get through an entire movie with my snack! So good, but it doesn't make me crave "MORE MORE MORE" like the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bars.
mainemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:47 AM   #352  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Quest Bar cookies....the best IP snack I have made.

Cut a quest bar into 6 pieces, place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 7 minutes at 350 degrees. If you like crispy cookies, flip them for another 1-2 minutes.

These are the best cookies ever!!! No other ingredients, no oil, nothing added.

Try them, you won't regret it.
Maxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #353  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post

Cut a quest bar into 6 pieces, place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 7 minutes at 350 degrees. If you like crispy cookies, flip them for another 1-2 minutes.

That sounds good. I have heard of warming them up but never baking. Very interesting.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #354  
Began IP 3-29-2012

I did have one at lunch time today, it was the right cargo pocket of my uniform pants and kinda warm =)
Old 05-22-2014, 10:43 AM   #355  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

GNC has Quest bars on sale. Buy one box get 50% off second box.
jemma51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #356  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

I've heard so much about the Quest bars so I bought six of them. I tried the cinnamon roll and didn't think it was very good. After trying one of a different flavor, I gave up. I just don't see what the attraction is. I still have four of them sitting on the shelf.
I much prefer the chocolate caramel crunch bars from Proti-diet. It's amazing how everyone has such different tastes.
64peppergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:15 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Has anyone tried their pasta? Did you like it?
CO_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:48 AM   #358  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

I just tried my first quest bar last night and they are pretty amazing for a protein bar. I feel like I am cheating. I am a little worried about the high carb content but i know the fiber offsets it, I will be looking for stalls though by incorporating these.
CO_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:45 PM   #359  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
I just tried my first quest bar last night and they are pretty amazing for a protein bar. I feel like I am cheating. I am a little worried about the high carb content but i know the fiber offsets it, I will be looking for stalls though by incorporating these.
We look at net carbs (total minus fiber)
So, the Quest bars are not high carb at all!

A handful of folks have seen stalls but most people use them with no problem. They cause me crazy cravings so I limit them.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #360  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post

I just tried this with the Cinnamon Roll. I cut the bar into 8 pieces and baked for 7 minutes at 350 but I didn't flip and cook for another 1-2. They were quite good. Only thing I would add is to keep them on the parchment paper. As they cooled, they stuck to the plate!
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote