Quest Bar as an alternative

You're on Page 9 of 31
Go to
  • Another discount code - crossfit

I think after you use each code it expires for your account but should be good for at least 1 use.
  • Head's up everybody:

I signed up for coupons from GNC...received $10 off my next $20 purchase.

Coupled with the buy 3, get 1 free offer on Quest bars I just picked up 12 assorted bars for $15.11 = $1.26 per bar!

They were all nice and fresh too, I know sometimes they aren't!
  • I ordered the natural sampler box from Quest and I have tried the coconut and strawberry. Yum!!!!!!!!!!

So good! My first venture off IP products. Put in microwave to soften for a few seconds on the coconut. The strawberry was warmed up in my car and was soft and delicious.
  • I bought 2 boxes of the sampler, and they are good. I had the banana nut one and the strawberry cheesecake last night. Didn't care for the cheesecake, but the banana nut was heavenly good!
  • I've tried the chocolate brownie and coconut cashew. The brownie was better than the coconut but both were pretty dense. I'm hoping some of the other ones fare better but so far, nothing I couldn't live without.
  • Quote: I've tried the chocolate brownie and coconut cashew. The brownie was better than the coconut but both were pretty dense. I'm hoping some of the other ones fare better but so far, nothing I couldn't live without.
    All of the Quest bares have similar consistencies.
  • Quote: Yes, you go by net carbs (total carbs minus dietary fiber). 8g or less is unrestricted, 9g-16g is restricted, 17g is very restricted.

Alternatives should also be under 200 calories, less than 30% total calories from fat, and at least 12-15g protein.
    Using these standards, are sugar alcohols a factor at all? Thank you all so much!
  • Quote: I received my shipment from netrition today. I had ordered 3 flavors of the quest bars, apple pie, chocolate brownie & vanilla almond crunch.

I split them into thirds so I could try each one, but still only have 1 bar total. They are very chewy, almost like bit o honey candy if you've ever had that. I like the chewiness of the bar and the fact that it took me much longer to eat one.

The apple pie tasted like the little bits of apple in Quaker Apple Cinnamon oatmeal. It was not bad, but I don't know if I would order it again.

Chocolate brownie tasted just like a brownie when I first started chewing it, then the flavor fades. It's still good, and I would buy them again.

The vanilla almond crunch was soooo good. Reminded me of butter pecan ice cream. I'm definitely getting these again, but not before I try the variety pack of the 100% natural ones.
    Mmmm....Bit o Honey....I'm going to order tonight!
  • Quote: Mmmm....Bit o Honey....I'm going to order tonight!
    I realized after posting that the bars were frozen when I first tried them because they were sitting on my front stoop until I got home from work.

I prefer the vanilla one frozen/very cold, although I haven't reordered that flavor. The others I've tried all tasted better when microwaved for 10 seconds or so.
  • Quote: Using these standards, are sugar alcohols a factor at all? Thank you all so much!
    there are sugar alcohols in many IP bars, as well
  • Bah! Looks like nashua only has two quest bar flavors available....
  • Quote: Bah! Looks like nashua only has two quest bar flavors available....
    There is a dropdown on the Quest pages that allows you to select the flavor. I see six flavors listed.
  • Quote: It depends on which bar you are talking about.

The vanilla almond, mixed berry, peanut butter supreme, peanut butter jelly, and coconut cashew are no good - calories from fat is more than 30% total calories.

The others look ok.
    Thank you.. I just saw this and made an order for them last night. Just called to switch the order just in time.
  • Quote: There is a dropdown on the Quest pages that allows you to select the flavor. I see six flavors listed.
    Thanks, I'll check again!

I did find a few flavors here in town. I tried the chocolate brownie and apple pie. Heaven, heaven! Now I'll just be researching counts for other bars I can have!!
  • Zombiedawn - look at you. You've lost 29 lbs!!!

Glad to see you like those Quest bars too. I don't know how they got the chocolate brownie bar to taste to much like a brownie, but it's serious chocolate love for me!