Old 04-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #151  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
If you haven't used "sample" or "hero" try those. They're usually good for 1 use then you can't use them again. What I do is order once under my name and then once under DW so we get to use the same code twice.

I just did a Google search and looks like "CrossFit" is the Apr free shipping code.

The other option is to sign up for a regular weekly or bi-weekly order and they'll take 10% off but unless you're getting 2 or more boxes at a time that doesn't even come out to free shipping.
Thanks. Yeah, I found CrossFit and mixedbar and placed an order.
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #152  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

[This is from the other Quest thread, but I will post here to try to keep most of the info together...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
If you bought them someplace like GNC they're going to be partially stale and harder/chewier than if you get them from Quest directly. Unfortunately you do have to buy them a box at a time there but they are extremely fresh and much softer. One thing you can do with the GNC bought bars is microwave them for 15 seconds and that will soften them up some.
I've been experimenting with the Quest bars (I think I have tried all the flavors so far except Apple Pie and Peanut Butter & Jelly).

I like all of them, but some are definitely better than others. The Banana Nut Muffin and the Cinnamon Roll and the Chocolate Brownie are the best IMO.

What I learned from others here: YES, the GNC ones can be quite stale! I bought 2 boxes (mixed) on sale and "felt them up" individually before purchase. The PB&J was hard as a rock, which is why I haven't tried that flavor yet

GNC is still running the special "Buy 3, Get 1 Free" for the Quest bars (also 25% off whole boxes, which is the same discount). I had a coupon also, so I ended up buying a bunch at the same time for ~$1.67 each. They retail for $2.79. Ouch. But still less than IP bars!

I had a long discussion with the clerk in GNC, who said he had tried the bars because some woman came in raving about them. He said he was not impressed. I think it depends on your expectations - for me, almost anything with that much protein, AND fiber, AND no sucralose etc AND no added other ingredients that I don't want to eat means that I would put up with just about anything. They ARE quite chewy - kinda like I remember Power Bars being - but IMO that is a plus. It makes it hard to eat them fast. Some other "candy bar"-type bars go down way too easily

Also - it depends on your microwave - but I nuked a Banana Nut yesterday for 15 seconds and it liquefied into a very sticky mess on the floor of the microwave. Microwaving a little definitely helps, but if you haven't tried it yet maybe start with 10 seconds.

SO GLAD I found out about these here! My mother's on IP and I use a lot of the principles/products .... it is great to have an option we are both happy with -
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #153  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
[This is from the other Quest thread, but I will post here to try to keep most of the info together...]

I've been experimenting with the Quest bars (I think I have tried all the flavors so far except Apple Pie and Peanut Butter & Jelly).

I like all of them, but some are definitely better than others. The Banana Nut Muffin and the Cinnamon Roll and the Chocolate Brownie are the best IMO.

What I learned from others here: YES, the GNC ones can be quite stale! I bought 2 boxes (mixed) on sale and "felt them up" individually before purchase. The PB&J was hard as a rock, which is why I haven't tried that flavor yet

GNC is still running the special "Buy 3, Get 1 Free" for the Quest bars (also 25% off whole boxes, which is the same discount). I had a coupon also, so I ended up buying a bunch at the same time for ~$1.67 each. They retail for $2.79. Ouch. But still less than IP bars!

I had a long discussion with the clerk in GNC, who said he had tried the bars because some woman came in raving about them. He said he was not impressed. I think it depends on your expectations - for me, almost anything with that much protein, AND fiber, AND no sucralose etc AND no added other ingredients that I don't want to eat means that I would put up with just about anything. They ARE quite chewy - kinda like I remember Power Bars being - but IMO that is a plus. It makes it hard to eat them fast. Some other "candy bar"-type bars go down way too easily

Also - it depends on your microwave - but I nuked a Banana Nut yesterday for 15 seconds and it liquefied into a very sticky mess on the floor of the microwave. Microwaving a little definitely helps, but if you haven't tried it yet maybe start with 10 seconds.
FYI: only the Natural Line is sucralose-free.
Chocolate Brownie has sucralose as do all the 99.95% Natural

99.95 Natural (has sucralose)
Vanilla Almond Crunch
Apple pie
Chocolate brownie
Mixed Berry Bliss
Peanut Butter Supreme
Peanut Butter & Jelly
Chocolate Chip Cooke Dough

100 Natural (stevia-sweetened-no sucralose)
Chocolate Peanut Butter
Cinnamon Roll
Strawberry cheesecake (one of the lower cal bars)
Coconut Cashew
Lemon Cream Pie
Banana Nut Muffin

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-17-2013 at 06:46 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

I received my Quest Bar order. I have to order mine from Ireland, I live in Europe. I got Coconut cashew, Peanut chocolate and strawberry cheesecake. I tasted all 3, I couldn't wait. Delicious! They were fresh too! They work out a bit pricey about 2.70 euro each but are worth it.Thanks for all the tips!
TwoTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #155  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Vanilla Almond Crunch
Apple pie
Chocolate brownie
Mixed Berry Bliss
Peanut Butter Supreme
Peanut Butter & Jelly

Chocolate Peanut Butter
Cinnamon Roll
Coconut Cashew
Lemon Cream Pie
Banana Nut Muffin
Lisa,

Thanks for the list, I have been only using the 100 natural and only
bars under 170 calories.
Love the cinnamon roll! 8 seconds in the micro, perfect!

D
DRegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #156  
started IP Aug 7 2012

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Thank you this thread is great
zoological26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #157  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Vanilla Almond Crunch
Apple pie
Chocolate brownie
Mixed Berry Bliss
Peanut Butter Supreme
Peanut Butter & Jelly

Chocolate Peanut Butter
Cinnamon Roll
Coconut Cashew
Lemon Cream Pie
Banana Nut Muffin
ooh good to know! I thought they were all sweetened with stevia...

Cinnamon Roll and Banana Nut Muffin are two of my favorites, luckily. Bad news about Chocolate Brownie and Peanut Butter Supreme, my other two favorites. I'll have to give the Strawberry Cheesecake another chance
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

The discovery of these bars while on IP has honestly helped so much. They're filling, delicious, and really help curb any cravings i may be having (usually something i can chew for dessert). Using alternatives my second time on IP has really helped me make sure i can stay OP and be a little more creative with my "packets". My first time around there weren't a lot of options that weren't restricted that i enjoyed (although i do treat Quest bars as restricted). I basically lived off the chocolate drink and wildberry yogurt smoothie, and that got old really fast.

Just wanted to share my appreciation for Quest bars!

Last edited by BrittStar027; 04-23-2013 at 10:54 AM.
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #159  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
The discovery of these bars while on IP has honestly helped so much. They're filling, delicious, and really help curb any cravings i may be having (usually something i can chew for dessert). Using alternatives my second time on IP has really helped me make sure i can stay OP and be a little more creative with my "packets". My first time around there weren't a lot of options that weren't restricted that i enjoyed (although i do treat Quest bars as restricted). I basically lived off the chocolate drink and wildberry yogurt smoothie, and that got old really fast.

Just wanted to share my appreciation for Quest bars!
Yeah, these are totally one of my favorite items. Wish they had a peanut butter bar that wasn't so high in calories though. I try to keep my calories closer to 150 or below on these babies.
amberjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #160  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Bump for the new folks.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #161  

I'm absolutely addicted to these Quest bars.

Cinnamon, banana nut and strawberry cheesecake are my favorite... I tried the brownie but found it entirely too sweet. Personal preference..

BTW 8 secs in my microwave is perfect....
cajuncarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I found and became addicted to Quest bars a couple of years ago. Now that I am edging into maintenance, I have started eating them for breakfast.

Love Quest bars.
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #163  
Started IP 11/28/12

Oh yes Quest is so so so so good! Have you tried Apple Pie heated for about 10 seconds?? My fav is still the brownie bar heated!!!!
amberjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #164  

So, silly question here, are you replacing an IP packet with a protein bar and then still doing the lettuce and 2 cups of veggies? Is that the idea? I am 100% IP product but would like to have a few more alternatives.
Kandis Apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #165  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandis Apples View Post
So, silly question here, are you replacing an IP packet with a protein bar and then still doing the lettuce and 2 cups of veggies? Is that the idea? I am 100% IP product but would like to have a few more alternatives.
Yes. Most people consider it as a Restricted so have it in replace of that packet.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote