3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

It's a little hard

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013
 
Calisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 359

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Default It's a little hard

Watching my husband be on phase 3 moving to phase 4.... is hard. Actually it's not the watching part is when he talks about it.

"Oh I am so full I don't know how I can eat all of this for lunch/breakfast." I knew it would be hard, because he had less to lose than me and I KNEW he would be done before me. Even though we eat the same dinner the weekends are hard being around him eating what he does for breakfast and lunch.

And it's not helpful that TOM is here and making me cranky. I want everything I can't have (carbs) and watching him eat hamburgers IP style while I drink a chocolate shake was almost too much today lol.

I am really trying hard to be supportive and not say anything because I am happy for him, it's just hard right now for me. I am sure once TOM is over it won't be so bad.....

Had to share before I said something outloud to him, which would NOT be supportive as he supports me a lot in this. I have been helping him with meal ideas for breakfast (thanks to this board) I just wish he wouldn't tell me how WONDERFUL it is to eat what he eats lol.

Okay thanks everyone... now off to eat some veggies! (which he cooked for me)
__________________
My Ticker


November 2012 - May 2013 I Lost 88 lb on IP
Restart started August 2013 - see ticker for new goal & weight loss so far

Hubby Lost 61 lb and is in maintenance!!
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
Diane on track July 2014
 
IP43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,906

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Default

I only have one thing to say to hubby... pass this message on....

The message for YOU is . On the bright side, you're way ahead of most of us for knowing what's coming up and getting meals ready etc. Think of him as the "training phase"
__________________
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
Started IP 1/12/13
 
jeffiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 139

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

Default

Im sure I have this to look forward to. My husband is ten pounds from goal and Im 75!
I think it would be just fine to let him know that while you are happy for him and will continue to support him, you could use a few lessreminders of how great the additional food is. If he doesnt take the hint then feel free to beat him over the head with it!
__________________

Lost 30 on IP last year, kept it off until the holidays and now wham..gained 30 pounds..so here I am again

1 for each 5 lbs..gone for good!
jeffiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 7

S/C/G: 184/151/135

Height: 5'2"

Default

Well my husband is in amazing shape and always has been...he's a bodybuilder and could pose for a magazine right now. So at least you were in it together. I feel like the fat chick next to the stud. :-)

AmyRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
rofl306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 275

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyRH View Post
Well my husband is in amazing shape and always has been...he's a bodybuilder and could pose for a magazine right now. So at least you were in it together. I feel like the fat chick next to the stud. :-)

This is the way I live too. I am just grateful that my DH and DS like the meat and veggies I serve. Then I get up and leave the table while they finish with other items like fruit or cookies. Supper is the only meal we have a little bit of food in common.

Calisto: I think you can get use to not letting it bother you, and he can get use to not being so vocal about his liberation from being so restricted. The good news is you are well on your way to catching up to him! Congrats on your success!
__________________
rofl306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
IP Start date 12/18/12
 
BeccaGrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 171

S/C/G: 228.4/171/165

Height: 5 ft 10 inches

Default

If it means anything, I'm watching my husband on Atkins. He's eating CHEESE. And bacon if he wants to. Not bread but still! So, I feel your pain.
__________________
url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [/url]
BeccaGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #7
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013
 
Calisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 359

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Default

Quote:
If it means anything, I'm watching my husband on Atkins. He's eating CHEESE. And bacon if he wants to. Not bread but still! So, I feel your pain.
OMG, that would be horrible! Cheese and bacon? ugh!
__________________
My Ticker


November 2012 - May 2013 I Lost 88 lb on IP
Restart started August 2013 - see ticker for new goal & weight loss so far

Hubby Lost 61 lb and is in maintenance!!
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #8
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,589

S/C/G: 198.6/175.8/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

I feel your pain. Yes, I just started P3, but a few weeks before I got to P2 my husband went on a weight GAIN diet. 2700 calories per day, lots of fruit, healthy grains...it's been painful because he's not a great planner so I had to help him plan out all SIX meals a day and teach him how to use MFP The things we do for them!!!
__________________




REBOOT wk1: 7 lbs, -5"; wk2: 2.6lbs (no measuring tape!); wk3: 1.8lbs, -3.5"; wk4 2.6 lbs; wk5 0.4lb, -3"; wk6 2.4lb; wk7 2.8lb, -1.25"; wk8 1.2lbs; wk 9 0lb (no gains tho!); wk10 .2lb; wk11 2lb
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #9
Member
 
FlooNimbus13127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ladera Ranch, CA
Posts: 54

S/C/G: 183/154/140

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisto View Post
Watching my husband be on phase 3 moving to phase 4.... is hard. Actually it's not the watching part is when he talks about it.

"Oh I am so full I don't know how I can eat all of this for lunch/breakfast." I knew it would be hard, because he had less to lose than me and I KNEW he would be done before me. Even though we eat the same dinner the weekends are hard being around him eating what he does for breakfast and lunch.

And it's not helpful that TOM is here and making me cranky. I want everything I can't have (carbs) and watching him eat hamburgers IP style while I drink a chocolate shake was almost too much today lol.

I am really trying hard to be supportive and not say anything because I am happy for him, it's just hard right now for me. I am sure once TOM is over it won't be so bad.....

Had to share before I said something outloud to him, which would NOT be supportive as he supports me a lot in this. I have been helping him with meal ideas for breakfast (thanks to this board) I just wish he wouldn't tell me how WONDERFUL it is to eat what he eats lol.

Okay thanks everyone... now off to eat some veggies! (which he cooked for me)
I totally know how you feel, though my kids meals bother me (hubby eats anything I put in front of him.)

Last night they made pizza and I just wanted to cry it smelled so good. I made and ate my own dinner and said I needed to go do laundry. It is hard, but I'm so glad to be here.

Hope things get better soon!
FlooNimbus13127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #10
8/23/12 - 1/6/13
 
Fishette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 562

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Default

My DH needs to loose more than 100 lbs, but his idea of diet food is peanut butter and crackers. When I was in P1 the only time we ate together was at Genghis Grill (Mongolian BBQ). I'm now in maintenance and trying to fix low carb meals that we can eat together at home. Then he can eat his snacking foods in his office when I'm not around.
__________________


WI-PreIP: -2 IP:-5.5,-3.5,-0.2,-3.0,-2.6,+.2, -.8, -3, -2, -1, 0, -2, -2, -2, -1, -1, -2, 0, -2, -2
Vacation, Stress, and Teaming for an 4th Day Retreat = 7 pounds up in 4 months, so back we go...
IP Phase 2: -2
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #11
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013
 
Calisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 359

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Default

Quote:
The things we do for them!!!
Agree!


Quote:
I totally know how you feel, though my kids meals bother me (hubby eats anything I put in front of him.)
I know what you mean, New Years Eve I ordered them pizza and we got take out from Chilis, well the Pizza got here before my food and OMG. I have never craved Mac and Cheese as bad as I do now. I think if my husband was eating what they ate it would be even worse, at least him and I eat the same dinner (and sometimes the kids eat what we eat too)
__________________
My Ticker


November 2012 - May 2013 I Lost 88 lb on IP
Restart started August 2013 - see ticker for new goal & weight loss so far

Hubby Lost 61 lb and is in maintenance!!
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's a Worldy Chicks Winter Wonderland MELODY525 Support Groups 268 01-01-2013 02:20 AM
It's a new dawn, a new day, a new life: Treating ourselves royally in 2010 Arabella Support Groups 336 01-07-2011 09:23 AM
"Every-Day" 21-Day Challenge -- Over and over till it's a habit! redballoon Support Groups 505 03-27-2010 09:57 PM
It's The Little Things.... StarPrincess Carb Counters 96 11-13-2005 06:56 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2