Old 02-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/224/150

Default Phase 1 & Excercise

Hi Everyone! I am on day 5 of the diet the first three days were rough, but I am starting to feel better - no headache etc ... My question is about exercise. Have any of you exercised on this phase? My coach says only very light exercise such as Yoga or using the Vibe machines they have at the clinic. I had started working out more frequently for the three weeks before I started and was really enjoying it. I find it such a natural anti-depressant for me. Anyway, just wondering what other people have done about this aspect. Does it affect weight loss? Thanks!
sunkissed311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #2  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

This is a common question and there is a number of threads on this. For example, the most recent:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ercise-ip.html

In a nutshell, your coach is giving you a good advice on this.
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/224/150

Thank you, I should have checked around first.
sunkissed311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #4  
Started IP 2/22/13

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/130

Height: 5'2"

I'm on day 5 of phase 1....I have a dull headache...but nothing I can't handle. I wonder if its because I didn't get 64oz. Of water in yesterday. Had basketball playoffs all day yesterday into the evening...the gym was packed and got tired of running to the bathroom all of the time....but I'm off to a great start today
Charbarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkissed311 View Post
Hi Everyone! I am on day 5 of the diet the first three days were rough, but I am starting to feel better - no headache etc ... My question is about exercise. Have any of you exercised on this phase? My coach says only very light exercise such as Yoga or using the Vibe machines they have at the clinic. I had started working out more frequently for the three weeks before I started and was really enjoying it. I find it such a natural anti-depressant for me. Anyway, just wondering what other people have done about this aspect. Does it affect weight loss? Thanks!

I just started four weeks ago on IP and had the same questions. I have had a personal trainer for the past two years. My coach also has the same trainer so know how hard it is to do those workouts. After consultation with my coach, my naturopath and my trainer, we decided to remove all cardio but to keep my weight training 4 times a week with my trainer (I agree, I actually love my workouts and could not see stopping them -- never ever thought I would say that in my lifetime). Also, on days I train, I add my two egg whites in the morning, and an hour before workouts, I have half my protein from my supper or an unrestricted with 1 carb. I have found that this does the trick for me. I can still do my workouts and am losing about 3-4 pounds each week.
ginettepv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #6  
Started IP 2/22/13

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/130

Height: 5'2"

I have still continued to do the elliptical while in my week 1. My instructions for this week say no exercise..so what I have done is to do my walk on a lower level so it's not so hard. I don't want to give that up
Charbarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #7  

i play hockey i played 3 days in a span of 10 hours. i did fine. i had afew extra IP packs and 3 extra bars but fine and still lost weight. i continue to play weekend 90 minutes
marnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 212/185/140

Height: 5'4

Im on week 3 of IP and have been working out all along and 2 weeks before I started IP. I enjoy working out. I do 40-60 minutes of cardio, and some weight machines/abs. I haven't had any issues. But everyone is different.

BUT- make sure the days you are working out, you drink a protein shake after. You NEED that extra packet.
lcheech is offline   Reply With Quote