Mad at myself

• Going into week 3 and I caved tonight and had a handful of chocolate chips. I could not stop myself and now I'm a little peeved at myself. Have list 16 pounds and 9.5 inches so far. Going to go the rest of the week with no restricteds and hope I didn't mess things up. Live and learn I guess.
  • Quote: Going into week 3 and I caved tonight and had a handful of chocolate chips. I could not stop myself and now I'm a little peeved at myself. Have list 16 pounds and 9.5 inches so far. Going to go the rest of the week with no restricteds and hope I didn't mess things up. Live and learn I guess.
    You cannot really make up for it by not eating your IP foods. IF the chocolate chips threw you out of ketosis, you will just have to get back in (about 2 days) by getting back to 100% OP. Taking away your restricteds for a week won't help, in fact it could hurt your weight loss if it messes with a balance you've reached where everything is working right.

Once you're back in ketosis, you'll be fine. There is the chance, too, that it won't throw you out of ketosis...but you should make sure you're back on plan. You'll know by being a little more hungry tomorrow.

Don't beat yourself up too hard. Everyone has a slip now and then. Just don't do it again!
  • You're human! It happens.

I think it's great that you recognized that it isn't what you want, so think about how you can learn from the experience.

I find that eating foods with lots of sugar is typically triggered by boredom or some other emotion that I don't want to deal with. So, i'm working on finding other things to do with myself in such situations. Sometimes i'm just hungry and not prepared, so now I always make a salad in the morning for times where I feel hungry but have very little time.

You're doing great! Just remember that we're imperfect human beings and life happens. Just work on getting back on plan and work to find out how to prevent such situations. I hope this helps!
  • I agree with Leanne, don't punish yourself by removing all restricteds. If you continue to eat them they may help you fight hunger or keep your routine. I find when I really want something like chocolate, then there are the double chocolate bars or cookies and cream bars to satisfy me.

So get over the lapse and move on. Give yourself credit for all the days you've done well and what you haven't eaten that you wanted. Then think of ways to avoid the mis-step the next time.
  • Thanks for the support. I'm Type A OCD so I tend to be a little dramatic. I'm excited about this and will hop 100% back OP tomorrow.
  • Everything everyone else said and I'll add......
    Do you think you might do that with the choc chips again? If you think it possible, mabye throw them out or give them away. Try not to have any big trigger items in the house. For me, I love those mini Reese's PB cups that are tiny and arent' wrapped. They aren't allowed in my house lol!
    Too dangerous! Jen
  • I own my own cookie business so I can't get rid of them . They usually aren't a trigger though. Pistachios ... they are not allowed in the house!
  • Just pick up and move on the best you can. I had a pretty bad food blow-out this weekend, and I'm definitely paying for it now. I'm up 2 lbs on the scale, and I feel like how I did in the very beginning of IP. This is the 3rd day back OP, and I feel like crap, but I need to just try and learn from the experience and get right back on the wagon. I seem to self-sabotage and do things like this when I get close to goal. The difference this time is that I am going to do my best to put it behind me, get right back on plan, and try to learn from the experience. In the past, a binge or cheat would have derailed everything for me, and I would have just quit the plan.
  • Quote: Just pick up and move on the best you can. I had a pretty bad food blow-out this weekend, and I'm definitely paying for it now. I'm up 2 lbs on the scale, and I feel like how I did in the very beginning of IP. This is the 3rd day back OP, and I feel like crap, but I need to just try and learn from the experience and get right back on the wagon. I seem to self-sabotage and do things like this when I get close to goal. The difference this time is that I am going to do my best to put it behind me, get right back on plan, and try to learn from the experience. In the past, a binge or cheat would have derailed everything for me, and I would have just quit the plan.
    Thats how I am, I had a bad cheat February 6th, drinking and eating. I also derail myself when I see good progress, but after my cheat I wont do it again, It wput me up 4 lbs and I have lost the 4 I gained, but Only 1 more pound since then, actually .7/lb. I am 124.3.....not good. So I have learned from it to say the least