3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun, Feb 23-24, 2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #46
Started IP 1/10/13
 
Ojenchilada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 130

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

Question: which body parts do you measure? My coach doesn't measure, so I bought a tape measure today to do my own. Wish I had started 20 lbs ago!
__________________
-Jennifer
W1:-4.5 W2:-6.5 W3:-3.0 W4:-2.0 W5:-3.0 W6:-0.5 W7:-5.5 W8:-2.0 W9:-1
Switched to Rapid Fat Loss 3/13/13 weighing 192
W10:-1.5 W11:-1.0 W12:-3.0
Ojenchilada is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #47
IP Start 01/25/13
 
M35A2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Spring Branch, TX
Posts: 552

S/C/G: 223/167/170

Height: 5'10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojenchilada View Post
Question: which body parts do you measure? My coach doesn't measure, so I bought a tape measure today to do my own. Wish I had started 20 lbs ago!
My coach does:

Arms at bicep
Chest
Waist at navel
Hips at pelvic bone
Leg - has me hold my arm down on side of leg so she gets a consistent spot to measure
__________________
Started P1: 01/25/13
Started P3: 07/07/13
Maintenance 07/21/13

M35A2 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #48
IP- a journey; not a race
 
JenRem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NW - Washington
Posts: 377

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50harvest View Post
Today is my one month anniversary of starting IP. I've lost 17 pounds and couldn't be happier!
Terrific - Way to Go! So excited for you.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tziri View Post
I just had to share my NSV because I'm so excited.... Got into my 14W jeans today!!! (YAY)
You go girl! That is so totally cool!
__________________
JenRem is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
ladylunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 274

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
My coach does:

Arms at bicep
Chest
Waist at navel
Hips at pelvic bone
Leg - has me hold my arm down on side of leg so she gets a consistent spot to measure
In addition to this my coach does bust and neck. Make sure to wear same bra each time!
__________________
I just upped my ticker by 41 lbs since April. Time to do something about it.
ladylunk is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
ladylunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 274

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Default

Just having a break from my supper and had to share. It is sooo good. Chicken lettuce wraps. I got some alerady thinly sliced chicken breasts which I cooked separately and made cauliflower rice with orange pepper, celery, mushrooms, green onions, garlic and ginger. I add to the lettuce the chicken, rice, and a drizzle of the sauce which is so good (apple cider vinegar, soya sauce to darken, green onions, ginger, and lemon grass just floating around), fold lettuce over and yum! Anyway going to get back to eating and reading. Kids already ate so it's just me checking out what's going on around here.
__________________
I just upped my ticker by 41 lbs since April. Time to do something about it.

Last edited by ladylunk : 02-23-2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: typos there still could be more.
ladylunk is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #51
Working to be an after!
 
crazynette826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 862

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tziri View Post
I just had to share my NSV because I'm so excited.... Got into my 14W jeans today!!! (YAY)
Yay!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50harvest View Post
Today is my one month anniversary of starting IP. I've lost 17 pounds and couldn't be happier!

Finding this forum has been a blessing.
Great job!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
Just having a break from my supper and had to share. It is sooo good. Chicken lettuce wraps. I got some alerady thinly sliced chicken breasts which I cooked separately and made cauliflower rice with orange pepper, celery, mushrooms, green onions, garlic and ginger. I add to the lettuce the chicken, rice, and a drizzle of the sauce which is so good (apple cider vinegar, soya sauce to darken, green onions, ginger, and lemon grass just floating around), fold lettuce over and yum! Anyway going to get back to eating and reading. Kids already ate so it's just me checking out what's going on around here.
That sounds delicious! I'm definitely going to try it!
__________________
"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!" - Walt Disney
W1-8.4 W2-7.6 W3-1.8 W4-3.6 W5-3.6 W6-3.0 W7-3.6 W8-2.2 W9-2.4 W10-3.2 W11-2.2 W12-4.6
W13-2.4 W14-2.0 W15-2.6 W16-1.4 W17-3.4 W18-0.8 W19-3.6 W20-2.0 W21-1.6 W22-3.2 W23-0.6
W24-2.0 W25-0.4 W26NWI W27-6.0 W28-1.2 W29-2.0 W30-2.4 W31NWI W32-6.2 W33+1.2 W34NWI
W35-5.4 W36+1.0 W37-3.6 W38NWI W39-3.4W40NWI W41-1.0 W42-1.4 W43-2.4 W44-1.0 W45-0.0
W46-0.2 W47NWI W48-3.4 W49-2.4 W50NWI W51+0.4 W52-0.4 W53-3.4 W54+0.2 W55-2.2



crazynette826 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
1LittleStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 369

S/C/G: 310/000/190

Height: 5'6

Default

Funny thing happened to me this week. Was meeting with a co-worker that I haven't seen in a few months. She saw me, looked at my face, and said 'something looks different'. Remembering all the comments about people thinking that they had a new haircut, that's what I said! I said that I had just got a haircut (which I had), but really, the weight loss really shows in my face. I just laughed inside, remembering all the comments on here!
__________________
______________________________

Back to P1 on March 16, 2014.

Read my IP recipe and product reviews:
http://idealproteinrecipesandfoodreviews.blogspot.ca/
1LittleStar is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #53
IP- a journey; not a race
 
JenRem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NW - Washington
Posts: 377

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
Just having a break from my supper and had to share. It is sooo good. Chicken lettuce wraps. I got some alerady thinly sliced chicken breasts which I cooked separately and made cauliflower rice with orange pepper, celery, mushrooms, green onions, garlic and ginger. I add to the lettuce the chicken, rice, and a drizzle of the sauce which is so good (apple cider vinegar, soya sauce to darken, green onions, ginger, and lemon grass just floating around), fold lettuce over and yum! Anyway going to get back to eating and reading. Kids already ate so it's just me checking out what's going on around here.
That does sound so good. Will you come to my house and be my IP chef lol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Funny thing happened to me this week. Was meeting with a co-worker that I haven't seen in a few months. She saw me, looked at my face, and said 'something looks different'. Remembering all the comments about people thinking that they had a new haircut, that's what I said! I said that I had just got a haircut (which I had), but really, the weight loss really shows in my face. I just laughed inside, remembering all the comments on here!
That is so crazy to me that people can't see the difference between a new haircut and obvious weight loss lol! Oh well! I know when she see's you the next time, there's no way she'll confuse the two again. Congrats!
__________________
JenRem is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 02:09 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
Dinie89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Winnipeg,MB
Posts: 138

S/C/G: 276/208.6/170

Height: 5'8

Default

Been such a busy couple daysv-- the boyfriend is now on IP with me and wants pickles - is there a certain type/brand and ingredients I should avoid?? Also specific mustard brands??
__________________
Dinie89 is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #55
Member
 
ginettepv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 92

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Default

4th weigh in tomorrow.

started my journey a year and half a go, but such a difference since starting IP four weeks ago. A year and half ago, my 18w pants were getting tight. Was wearing 18 regular at beginning of month. Tried on a size 14 regular today and they fit very nicely.

Can't wait for weigh in tomorrow. Very encouraged for the first time in a very very long time as I am also dealing with menopause, PCOS,hypothyrodism and all of their lovely side effects.

woot woot!

Congrats to everyone else's losses:

Last edited by ginettepv : 02-24-2013 at 08:47 AM.
ginettepv is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #56
Started IP 1/8/13
 
star19600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 289

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crred96 View Post
Hi all...had my first WI yesterday...8.2 lbs and 3 inches! �� On to week 2!!!
Congrats on the loss! Makes all the headaches worth it, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynette826 View Post
Also tried cauliflower rice yesterday for the first time. Something I will be making many more times. Delicious! We had a craft/dinner night, and the menu was Cafe Rio burritos/salads. I brought my own "rice", and grilled chicken, and didn't feel totally left out as they were enjoying the sweet pork, and real rice. Definitely a win!
Love the cauliflower rice. We are getting rutabega-d out right now, so I think the cauliflower will be our next go-to veggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50harvest View Post
Today is my one month anniversary of starting IP. I've lost 17 pounds and couldn't be happier!
Congrats! I started 6 weeks ago and I'm loving the results as well!

I went shopping yesterday (Target - I'm a big spender ) and found a size M sweater that fit great and size 14 pants. Rather than buy the 14's I bought the 12's so I have something to grow into. I could have zipped them but they were way too tight to wear (or sit in). Motivation!
__________________
W1 -7.8 W2 -2.6 W3 -3.6 W4 -2.2 W5 -2.2 W6 -4.0 W7 -1.8

star19600 is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #57
started 2/22/11
 
disgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MA, USA (but in my mind....DISNEY WORLD)!!
Posts: 407

S/C/G: 233/172/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star19600 View Post

I went shopping yesterday (Target - I'm a big spender ) and found a size M sweater that fit great and size 14 pants. Rather than buy the 14's I bought the 12's so I have something to grow into. I could have zipped them but they were way too tight to wear (or sit in). Motivation!

I am right there with you girl!! I can get my 12's closed and zipped BUT I would be awfully uncomfortable SITTING lol!!
__________________



Reached goal Aug 25th, 2011!!!!! .
"Ah...the ups and downs of Maintenance"
disgal is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #58
Member
 
ultramommynine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: California
Posts: 31

S/C/G: 250/241/135

Height: 5'6

Default

Morning all . Down another pound and a half this morning. Those chicken lettuce wraps sound delish! I'll be stopping on my way home from work to stock up on some veggies this week. I'll be looking for a recipe for cauliflower rice tonight for dinner yum!
ultramommynine is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #59
Started IP 01/31/13
 
Msbehaving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 177

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojenchilada View Post
Cleaning the kitchen, I just came across a tin of dark chocolate covered cranberries. I smelled them.

Smelled them again.

thought about 3FC.

dropped them out of the tin and into the garbage. Win! Thanks for being here y'all.
That is a WIN! Shows how strong you are in your commitment.
Msbehaving is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #60
Started IP 01/31/13
 
Msbehaving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 177

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tziri View Post
I just had to share my NSV because I'm so excited.... Got into my 14W jeans today!!! (YAY)
Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojenchilada View Post
Question: which body parts do you measure? My coach doesn't measure, so I bought a tape measure today to do my own. Wish I had started 20 lbs ago!
Bust, waist, hips, thigh, upper arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettepv View Post
Can't wait for weigh in tomorrow. Very encouraged for the first time in a very very long time as I am also dealing with menopause, PCOS,hypothyrodism and all of their lovely side effects.D
Similar issues here. Also at week 4 and feeling great. This is the most hopeful I have ever felt on a weight loss program. We can do this!
Msbehaving is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2