Old 02-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #16  
Started IP on 10/2/2012

S/C/G: 166.2/108/105

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannalosenow View Post
Wow, from Livermore to DC. That's a drive!! I'm not sure I would make a drive like that unless it was a highly recommended spot. How does your friend like the Nutriworks? I don't know how to enable the PM feature. I'll try and play with it. (I'm not a real computer savy person, just emails and surfing for me )
Since you cannot enable PM for 20 days/20 posts, I can tell you what my friends have told me:

Nutriworks seems to be expensive by comparison. Their start up fee is around $350. I think they charge for WI's and require you to buy boxes of food ($35 a box?). My friend said they discourage the use of alternatives over IP products. She also said that there seems to be no consistency due to the number of people working there/volume business. She finally stopped going there after she bought everything online for less. (She is doing great and in maintenance now) However, I'm sure folks including myself will not recommend that you go this route until/unless you are going to be 100% OP. Coaching, at least in the beginning, is a good thing especially with the weekly WI's - it makes you more accountable.

Total Care Chiropractic is the cheaper of the two. Their start up fee is around $250. It includes the first week of food and vitamins. They do not charge for WI's and do not discourage the use of alternatives. My other friend chose Total Care over Nutriworks because she likes her coach. (In her words, a kind nurse vs. drill sergeant) She said her coach is the same every week, engage in small talk and is very encouraging but not a push-over. Coach is available by text and email to answer "emergency" questions in a pinch. Also, she said the coach sent her IP friendly "holiday" recipes for free.

She also said TC allowed her to switch unopened packets for others.

I hope this helps. If you have not decided in 20 days, please PM me.

Last edited by ALM2000; 02-23-2013 at 11:56 AM.
ALM2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 290/241/145

Height: 5'4"

I went to the only clinic in my town, and the owner is an esthetician... I paid $50 to sign up, which included my shaker bottle, shopping bag and first bottle of salt, and all the documentation/dvd. I pay $4 a packet, other than the ready-mades, which are $4.25. I can buy individual packets, or by the box for the stuff I really like. No charge for weigh-ins or measurements, and I don't even have to make appointments, I just show up when I need to buy food.

That being said, I now work 2 hours away from where our house is, so it was always a race to get there to buy my products before they closed. The cost and time factor got to be a bit much, plus the weather here is unpredictable, so I stopped buying from her for a while until the weather/finances improve and am doing alternatives.

I like the lady that owns the "clinic", and one of her part-timers, but I can't stand the other one, I think she's a b. Fortunately, I only had to deal with her once (she was kinda snotty about me losing 6 lbs in one week because she couldn't lose that much - but she only had about 20 lbs to lose TOTAL, I had 140! slight difference, lady).

So I gather not all IP clinics are created equal, and not all coaches for sure!
loopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #18  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Also, maybe ask the question about how many coaches they have. Would they have a problem switching you to a new coach if you weren't clicking with the original one they set you up with. Did any of the coaches lose weight on IP and if yes, how much did they lose and how long have they been maintaining in maintenance. I prefer to work with someone who has somewhat walked in my shoes and has been living in maintenance.

I think you are so awesome, thinking this far ahead and in such great detail! Best of Luck to you.

No matter who you choose to go thru for IP, you need to come to this site daily if possible. Here you will find the best emotional/influential/educated on-line coaches! Why? because we are all here in the trenches together! Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #19  
Started IP 2/22/13

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 5'2"

I agree that is what's happening to me. I feel like I am wasting my money trying all sorts of products that I really like... I have a very picky taste buds and it's hard for me to stick to just one IP product. :C I feel stuck with these items I got that I don't like and when I go to my clinic I think all the products for trade ins was mostly mine.. and I can not pick any other items... o well. Any suggestions of drinks that most of you like. I would just like to stick to protein drinks or can I buy from health store products? You advise will be a big help to me.. I'm really trying hard to stick to this product ..
Blessings2all is offline   Reply With Quote