Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Well, my first week using Alternatives and I came in 0.2 lbs down. I guess this COULD be attibuted to the fact that I spent 3 days snowboarding this past week. Maybe that extra activity could have had something to do with my lower loss this week. I know my body is SORE.

At least I'm going in the right direction. I'm gonna keep on keepin' on.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #32  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
Well, my first week using Alternatives and I came in 0.2 lbs down. I guess this COULD be attibuted to the fact that I spent 3 days snowboarding this past week. Maybe that extra activity could have had something to do with my lower loss this week. I know my body is SORE.

At least I'm going in the right direction. I'm gonna keep on keepin' on.
LOL yeah - sore muscles means muscle repair, which means water retention. Also if you build those muscles up, they weigh more than fat - so you're probably dealing with a little of both I'm a bit envious of the snowboarding though - the one and only time I tried, I face planted all the way down the mountain :/
Old 02-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
LOL yeah - sore muscles means muscle repair, which means water retention. Also if you build those muscles up, they weigh more than fat - so you're probably dealing with a little of both I'm a bit envious of the snowboarding though - the one and only time I tried, I face planted all the way down the mountain :/
I did not know that Scorbett...that makes a lot of sense and makes me feel better.

You should really give boarding another try...My first day was a DISASTER, but my second day, it just "clicked" and I'm doin' jumps, riding rails and black diamonds now :-) of course I faceplanted last week and chipped my tooth...LOL
Old 02-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramommynine View Post

I'm down a pound today to 242! Came in second this week at my work weigh in with a loss of 8.2 pounds. The only person who beat me had a horrible cold all last week. We'll see what my loss looks like next week. I'm sure it will level out but I'm excited to get further into my first month of IP and work the program. I'm giving it at least a year so only 55 ish weeks to go! Hope everyone is having an awesome morning!
Hi. Congrats on an awesome first week. You did very well! It's hard to believe someone at work beat you with numbers like that! Good luck with the cake making. I have failed at it too. I always lick the spatula love the taste and then cook it (one I actually cooked in a pan with coconut oil like a pancake). Don't liked the cooked product much at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post

And the cookie is yummy but I'd just pay attention to the carb count of 23. It's the highest carb product IP makes so I'd just caution you to not have one daily. Having said that, one restricted a day is a bona fide and important element of IP and I kinda lose my mind when I hear of coaches telling people not to have them for the first few weeks or not at all.
I bought the cookies once and was quickly tired of the dryness and lack chocolate chips. I happened to glance at the carb count and was surprised how high it was. To Ojenchilada maybe it's the sugar alchols that are helping with the "movement".

Also to IPdivajen positive thoughts your way on your test.

I was thinking about why I may have lost some lean mass at weigh in this week. I talked about it on another thread where it was explained everything other than fat was lean mass. It was just that my coach was concerned about it and didn't want it to keep happening. So I am thinking maybe it was the two times I scraped up massive amounts of ice and shoveled snow from my driveway. I didn't have extra packs that day...Maybe I should have?
Old 02-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #35  
Started IP 11/28/12

Happy Friday Everyone!

I had a NSV today. I was grabbing my coffee in the kitchen at work and a colleague commented about how great I looked and how much weight I lost. Apparently others have discussed it as well, because, and I quote her, "Have you seen how much weight Amber has lost?"

Totally made my day. I felt so happy, but then interestingly, I thought, why I am so happy that other people noticed? I'm very secure with myself, over weight or not. Somebody help analyze this please.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #36  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post

I was thinking about why I may have lost some lean mass at weigh in this week. I talked about it on another thread where it was explained everything other than fat was lean mass. It was just that my coach was concerned about it and didn't want it to keep happening. So I am thinking maybe it was the two times I scraped up massive amounts of ice and shoveled snow from my driveway. I didn't have extra packs that day...Maybe I should have?
Your coach may be concerned because they misunderstand that lean mass and muscle aren't the same thing - not many coaches are trained in medical or fitness/weight loss outside of the IP training, so it's a common mistake. But yes, you could have tapped into some of your stores if you did strenuous exercise without compensating with a packet. Nothing to stress about - now you know for next time! But it's easy to forget that "exercise" can be found in many places outside the gym - we don't think of chores as exercise, but they sure can be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Happy Friday Everyone!

I had a NSV today. I was grabbing my coffee in the kitchen at work and a colleague commented about how great I looked and how much weight I lost. Apparently others have discussed it as well, because, and I quote her, "Have you seen how much weight Amber has lost?"

Totally made my day. I felt so happy, but then interestingly, I thought, why I am so happy that other people noticed? I'm very secure with myself, over weight or not. Somebody help analyze this please.
Interesting question. Would you feel happy if someone acknowledged your achievement in another area? For example, if you worked hard on a project at work, and someone recognized that, would you feel the same way? I don't think it's a sign of insecurity or anything similar - as much as it's just plain nice when people notice the results of something you've worked to achieve Enjoy it!

Last edited by scorbett1103; 02-22-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
No official WI today as my coach is on an IP "retreat" in New Orleans this week but unofficially I'm down 3 for the week and 16 for my 1st month! If I can keep this rate up for 2 more weeks I'll be in Onederland myself (or dang close). It just seems pretty amazing to be 1/3 of the way there in just 28 days.
Dr Tran Tein is at that weekend event, as is my coach (she also has something next week so I have a sub coach for 2 weeks)
I believe Wuv will be there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Good morning all! I took the entire day off today because my son has an orthodontist appointment in the afternoon. I originally planned to work in the morning but with all the talk of the winter storm hitting overnight I decided to take the whole day. I'm going to take advantage of my snow day by cleaning the house, and will get a beef stew started in the crock pot.
I'm off today due to another school snow day from yesterday's sleet storm. At first I was questioning it but St Louis does a CRAPPY job with road cleaning & this wasn't just snow, it was hours of sleet. Hubby has about an 8 mile commute and he was trying to merge this am. To avoid an accident, he was forced into an unplowed lane and his little car just wouldn't go! The tow damaged the car so now we have a tow AND a future repair bill Now I'm glad I'm safe at home, nursing my sore back with stretching and ice packs and enjoying the fire in the fireplace.

I've been SUPER lazy...didn't even take a shower yesterday, although I did get to the store before the storm and made some chili. I bought a different tomato chili mix than usual (what was on sale) and BOY! is it hot! Today I'll be re-doing the chili to tone down the heat. DH is NOT a spice boy. I won't ever be buying THAT again! I'm hoping the garden I'm planning this year will yield enough tomatoes for canning, but even if it doesn't, I'll buy from the farmer's market this summer so I can just have my own canned tomatoes, rather than have to purchase.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Posted this on maintainers, but cross-posting, hoping to get some input before tonight. scorbett, lisa??? It's a P4 ?, but I know some of you have been studying up for P4

Can anyone advise me on dinner out tonight? I'm 4 days into maintenance and DH wants to go for Mexican. So used to doing fajita meat (beef, chicken or shrimp) and peppers, lettuce from prior phases. Now P4 rules. Thinking still I can do chicken or shrimp meat, but what else? Thinking maybe 2 small (5 inch) flour tortillas, OR rice with saffron would be ok. OR could I do some other traditional fajita dressings instead of the flour tortillas or rice, i.e. could I do the grilled peppers, lettuce, or maybe onions, tomatoes/pico? Sour cream and guac. are traditional sides, but I'm thinking too much fat for dinner, yes? So far in P4, I'm keeping dinners to lean meat and carbs (not too many) and reserving fat for bkfst, lunch. Think I'm doing something right: -1.2lbs from P3 entry weight, glycogen restores seem back, & have so much more energy than ever had on P1&2. Still unsure for tonight as I haven't eaten dinner out yet for maintenance, don't know the rules as well. Thanks for any input!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #39  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
I did not know that Scorbett...that makes a lot of sense and makes me feel better.

You should really give boarding another try...My first day was a DISASTER, but my second day, it just "clicked" and I'm doin' jumps, riding rails and black diamonds now :-) of course I faceplanted last week and chipped my tooth...LOL
I bet your body fat % went down even though the weight loss was minimal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm off today due to another school snow day from yesterday's sleet storm. At first I was questioning it but St Louis does a CRAPPY job with road cleaning & this wasn't just snow, it was hours of sleet. Hubby has about an 8 mile commute and he was trying to merge this am. To avoid an accident, he was forced into an unplowed lane and his little car just wouldn't go! The tow damaged the car so now we have a tow AND a future repair bill Now I'm glad I'm safe at home, nursing my sore back with stretching and ice packs and enjoying the fire in the fireplace.
uggggg I hope the repair cost will be minimal. Sounds like you are making the best of it with the back pain.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

A few things on this...I've been on four packets since I started but now that I'm back at my lowest point ever and very close to goal my coach decided to drop me down to 3.5 packets overall as I no longer 'need' the same amount of protein per day. We decided that I needed to halve my restricted as it was higher carb and my low losses lately likely meant that I was skimming too close to the line where ketosis is concerned.

Hi,

not sure how to use original post, but I am very interested in the fact you have used 4 packs since the beginning. How was your weight loss? I too would like to use four packs to continue my weight lifting. I have been with a personal trainer for almost two years and do not want to lose the momentum as it makes me feel soo good. I do not obviously have the endurance to even last a half hour. My coach told me to stop all cardio and only do the training as weight lifting is very good. He also trains with the same trainer and knows how he is. My trainer has adjusted the lbs for me to compensate and make sure I still do my workouts. He fully understands the IP and works around my limitations. My coach has suggested I eat lean meat before a workout to help.

Any suggestions? 4 packs?, lean meat? - I must admit even in my fourth week I am also always hungry?

I appreciate your answers.

Last edited by ginettepv; 02-22-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #41  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

The cookie actually has 14 net carbs, because there are 9 grams of fiber. That's the highest fiber thing I eat these days. Who knew veggies had so little fiber? But I still am only having a cookie once per week, a bar once or twice, rounding out with peanut puffs, southwest cheese curls, and salt and vinegar crisps.

I find I have felt hungrier the last 2 weeks -- and also felt hungrier if I had an EAS Advantedge shake in place of my RTDs. Still a work in progress on where this hunger is coming from. I am not typically a hungry person.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #42  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

The new strawberry banan RTD is delicious!!! One of my new favorites!

Congrats on all the losses!! And welcome to all the new people!!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

A1Texan GL to onderland!! You can do it!!

Charbarot
(((Hugs))) I lost my Mom 2yrs ago this March.

IPDIVAJEN (((Hugs))) as well and healthy boobie vibes to you!! I loved your flat as a pancake comment. Mine are deflated too. AND I am due for a mammogram.

M35A2
Very exciting for your coach. I'd love to meet Dr. Tien and tell him a thing or two about some of the coaches hawking his product. Supposedly, a few of my coaches have met him, you'd never be able to tell.
Ojenchilada I have been feeling more hungry lately too and don't really know why. I can usually take 30mins eating my restrict and now I just want to gobble it down. I am in love with that damm Choco chip cookie now after the previous thread. Heated with a little WF choco and/or caramel sauce. OMG. DELISH!!!

One more night to work and off the w/e. The kitty saga continues and we are going to look at a cat tomorrow. If this falls though, no more looking until after Ireland. But so far so good. Also looking forward to starting another crochet project.
I think my wgt loss will be better this week. I have been peeing a lot which is something I hadn't been doing for the last couple of weeks despite my H2O intake. I KNOW I will need to drink Smooth Move every other day until I get regular.
I have already decided to take ALL the packs needed for my trip and which ones I am bringing and doing the best I can. I KNOW what to do and NOT do and am going to try not to stress about it anymore.
Off to get ready!!

Y'all!!! Channeling my Sistas in the South!!!

Last edited by NinjaNurse; 02-22-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #44  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I too have been feeling the hunger a bit more this week. Not sure why....I haven't changed anything and still losing so just trying not to think about it. My clinic hadn't received their food shipment in yet so all I bought yesterday was the vanilla squares (quite like them!). I'm going to do my best over the next week to try and use up the many many items in my cupboard that I have bought and didn't like. I'm hoping my tastes have changed a bit and if not I'll try and use them in recipes. I will have to search out what I can do with the chili
Old 02-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #45  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
The kitty saga continues and we are going to look at a cat tomorrow. If this falls though, no more looking until after Ireland.
I am SO looking forward to our trip in Aug. Unfortunately it isn't until Aug. I'd really like to see everything blooming at Muckross House but guess we'll need to save that for another visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
I will have to search out what I can do with the chili
We just took a bunch of hamburger and used it for seasoning. Made the hamburger less bland and the chili taste better.
Closed Thread