Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #46  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
So you other "weigh every day" people like me. Ever had a 9 pound gain in 24 hours? 7 am Tuesday morning naked I weighed 141.4, Wednesday morning 150.8 naked. This morning 147.0. This is after a WI where for once I lost a tiny bit including a couple 1/4" losses (though I think those are just tape measure inaccuracies). And my IP WI (142.6) with clothes was Tuesday about 90 minutes after my naked at home on my scale weigh in after only having a large cup of coffee as any liquid or food intake and the little bit of weight difference due to clothing and liquid was pretty spot on.

I AM NOT THROWING OUT MY SCALE. Wednesday's weight really threw me for a loop. You know like what the h-e-double l.
Any chance your scale's batteries need changing?
Old 02-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Lot's of talk about vitamins today. Just picked up more for myself. I have a story about that, one of the guys at dh work was copying his wife on IP, but was not taking his vitamins. Keeled over at work one night with horrible stomach pains. They figured it out pretty quick. I guss that could be the lack of potassium? I told my coaches that my husband is doing this along with me (they are ok if I buy extra, but I get him alternatives too). They were very insistant on how important it was that he takes vitamins.

On another note I had my weigh in today and wanted to share. I had a new coach last week who when measured me I thought she was holding the tape tight and questioned her. She said they all measure a little differently, but are usually very close.....blah blah. I had 5.75 inches lost last week. And she insisted it was great and to just be happy. So I was. I put it to the back of my head and celebrated a big drop. Well today reality set in as I was back to my regular coach. Only dropped .5 of an inch in my neck. She looked at last weeks numbers and understood it was too much last week and knew just by who the measurer was that it was too high a number. She figures realisticly it was around 2.5 each week. I was all down until I stepped on the scale, and drum roll please....I think I had a whoosh. 4.8lbs! So happy with this. Yippee! I had a happy ending after all. Have a great day everyone. Going to pull out my roasting cauliflower and sit back down and catch up on more ip reading.....
Old 02-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #48  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
So you other "weigh every day" people like me. Ever had a 9 pound gain in 24 hours? 7 am Tuesday morning naked I weighed 141.4, Wednesday morning 150.8 naked. This morning 147.0. This is after a WI where for once I lost a tiny bit including a couple 1/4" losses (though I think those are just tape measure inaccuracies). And my IP WI (142.6) with clothes was Tuesday about 90 minutes after my naked at home on my scale weigh in after only having a large cup of coffee as any liquid or food intake and the little bit of weight difference due to clothing and liquid was pretty spot on.

I AM NOT THROWING OUT MY SCALE. Wednesday's weight really threw me for a loop. You know like what the h-e-double l.
It's funny that I just had the same experience...not 9 lbs but 4.6 lbs from Sunday morning to Monday morning...then Tues and Wed it went down just a little, then this morning was my actual WI day and I was down 3 lbs from Wed morning (that's 1 lb from last WI). Just take it with a grain of salt...if you've been OP then it is just water and it will go away! As a daily weigher, I have learned not to take the numbers too seriously if I know I've done the right thing. Just stay OP and trust the process...and swear that you won't weigh every day (which of course you still do!)
Old 02-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #49  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

I usually don't do this but I have been hungry mid-day so I added two boiled eggs to my salad. How much do I cut my protein back at dinner to balance it out? Or do I?
Old 02-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #50  
Started IP 11/28/12

This is a follow-up to yesterday's daily chat post about whether spinach is unlimited, like lettuce.

I asked my coach about it last night and interestingly, they had just updated their Phase 1 sheet, because the news is that RAW spinach is unlimited, but cooked spinach is not. Cooked would count as towards your 4 cups of vegetables a day.

I was so happy because I've been eating raw spinach in unlimited quantities on salads or thrown into a drink mix smoothie.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #51  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
This is a follow-up to yesterday's daily chat post about whether spinach is unlimited, like lettuce.

I asked my coach about it last night and interestingly, they had just updated their Phase 1 sheet, because the news is that RAW spinach is unlimited, but cooked spinach is not. Cooked would count as towards your 4 cups of vegetables a day.

I was so happy because I've been eating raw spinach in unlimited quantities on salads or thrown into a drink mix smoothie.
Just curious....when you say "they" had just updated their PI sheet, does "they" mean your coach/clinic, or does it mean Ideal Protein? Basically wondering if this is an official change to the program or is it a local clinic change based on your coach's interpretation of the program.

If this is an official change, I'm kind of bummed.....I make a lot of breakfast smoothies with added raw spinach. If it's not to be counted towards the 4 C of daily veggies that means I have to increase my veggie intake at lunch and dinner. Would seem kind of pointless to continue adding raw spinach to my smoothies.....
Old 02-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 183/154/140

Height: 5'2"

I'm using some alternative products that I purchased on Nashua Nutrition.

But I found that some of the Proti-Diet products are available on Amazon. AND some are eligible for Prime shipping....
Old 02-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #53  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Thursday!

So far so good on P3, I have been cooking up a storm for breakfast - today had LizRR's apple cinnamon oatmeal pancakes, I added a half a scoop of vanilla protein powder to the mix because I'm taking a Crossfit-style class at the Y this morning and figured I could use the boost. My muscles are definitely feeling the burn from adding more intense exercise, I did some light yoga to stretch out last night and was still sore this morning. It's all good though, I'm just thankful to be in good enough shape to be exercising this much to begin with!
How are you feeling on P3? Any change in how your body feels, emotions, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I went shopping last night because all of my pants are way too loose on me. I swear every time I go shopping, I have a heck of a time finding the right size and length pants. I spent 2 hours shopping at 4 different stores just to buy 4 pairs of pants. I'm looking forward to maintenance and not having to buy new pants every 6 weeks.
That's a nice problem to have isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbushbunny View Post
So last week I missed WI due to a snow storm.
This week I had a 2.6 lb loss!
I am so excited with this program!
Yes, my losses have been slower than most but still faster than I put it on.
I am so excited to go closet shopping this weekend!
Ok, going to change my ticker now.
Congrats on the weight loss. Hey 2.6 lbs is equal to 10.4 sticks of butter, no imagine what 10.4 sticks of butter looks like and how awesome that is that it's no longer on your body.:carr ot:
Old 02-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #54  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
Just curious....when you say "they" had just updated their PI sheet, does "they" mean your coach/clinic, or does it mean Ideal Protein? Basically wondering if this is an official change to the program or is it a local clinic change based on your coach's interpretation of the program.

If this is an official change, I'm kind of bummed.....I make a lot of breakfast smoothies with added raw spinach. If it's not to be counted towards the 4 C of daily veggies that means I have to increase my veggie intake at lunch and dinner. Would seem kind of pointless to continue adding raw spinach to my smoothies.....
My coach updated their sheet after they got the word from Ideal Protein of the official change. Of course you'll want to check with your coach as well, but if it's official then I imagine all coaches would have to let their clients know. Of course we know that doesn't always happen.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #55  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice View Post
Any chance your scale's batteries need changing?
I had that problem once. Looked down and thought the readout said "FAT" It actually said "BAT" It was right either way.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #56  
Started IP on 1/3/13

S/C/G: 194/171/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Thursday!

So far so good on P3, I have been cooking up a storm for breakfast - today had LizRR's apple cinnamon oatmeal pancakes, I added a half a scoop of vanilla protein powder to the mix because I'm taking a Crossfit-style class at the Y this morning and figured I could use the boost. My muscles are definitely feeling the burn from adding more intense exercise, I did some light yoga to stretch out last night and was still sore this morning. It's all good though, I'm just thankful to be in good enough shape to be exercising this much to begin with!
Wow, Scorbett! I haven’t been able to check in this week so I wanted to see what everyone was up to and you are already at P3. I am really interested in learning more about the other phases and what the transition is like so I will be watching you. You sound like you are doing great and it keeps us all inspired.

I had my WI today and I am down just over 2lbs this week. I am always prepared for little to no loss but I am always down at least 2 so it just tickles me. I still can’t get over this diet-it really works! Yippee!

Have a great day my fellow IP'ers!!

Alison
Old 02-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #57  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
I had that problem once. Looked down and thought the readout said "FAT" It actually said "BAT" It was right either way.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 253/StartIP232.2/220.4/145

Height: 5'3"

Welcome newbie's!! This is a great resource!!
One thing that is important. If you are getting headaches remember your salt (and possibly oil). For me, if I do not get my salt intake I get a headache. If I get a headache I typically pour some into my hand and take it and my headache goes away in like 15 minutes (I am getting my water so I know it is not dehydration). May not work for all or make it go away completly- but something to try and to put in your arsenal.
I was looking at alternative vitamins- I have never been to a coach (none here)- just 3fc and my brother did it in MN and then moved here. I found this site and away I went.. the potassium is the hardest one to get alternatives on- because I have yet to find a place that sells them with 850mgs of potassium. If I don't take them I get leg cramps or even weird back cramps. I get all my vitamins from plainprotein too-
The first week is all carb withdrawls. It is mental and physical.
Good luck to all and keep us updated. I hope your first week goes fast!! The first weigh in is so worth it!
~My
Old 02-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 253/StartIP232.2/220.4/145

Height: 5'3"

Oh and vegetables.. my new favorite is cauliflower. You would be amazed at what you can do with it! 'Sweet' or savory! Check the first page of this post for some recipe sites (Rainbows!!!) and like someone else mentioned, Pinterest has some great recipes too!- though be sure to look for IP ones!
Cheers!
~My
Old 02-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2loseW8 View Post
Oh and vegetables.. my new favorite is cauliflower. You would be amazed at what you can do with it! 'Sweet' or savory! Check the first page of this post for some recipe sites (Rainbows!!!) and like someone else mentioned, Pinterest has some great recipes too!- though be sure to look for IP ones!
Cheers!
~My
I am also on a huge cauliflower kick right now. Mostly roasted and riced. Mashed was a thumbs down for me. I am interested to hear about your sweet cauliflower creations.....
Closed Thread