Old 02-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
I had my first person tell me that a diet that keeps you in ketosis is very dangerous. Do you think I could come up with a quick response explaining it all? I mentioned the salt, oil, supplements, but could not put into proper words the science behind it. I guess I probably still couldn't...... Even after all my reading here. haha. And being in Canada, I cannot use the medically supervised part. Oh well.
Why can't you? I just took the protocol to my doctor and asked her to give me a three month blood chit (so I could get blood taken without going to see her every three months to get permission) once I got the blood work done I'd make an appointment a week later to review the results. She knew exactly what I was doing and supported me.

Keep ketosis out of it OR learn more about it...ketogenic diets have been around for a long time. They were used to help people with epilepsy before there was drugs. Lots of body builders use them to help define their muscles (although I think they also dehydrate themselves too so probably not the best example )

I downloaded the beck diet solution (she does cognitive behaviour therapy for weight loss) and she discusses how her son was on a ketogenic diet for yeras to help him with his epilepsy.

Easiest way is to not talk about it...the way that made me most comfortable...was to learn A LOT about it.

Good luck!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote