3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 2/19/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/276004-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-2-19-2013-a.html)

lisa32989 02-19-2013 06:36 AM

IP Daily Chat Tuesday 2/19/2013

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

sonyainva 02-19-2013 06:58 AM

Good morning everyone!

Started the day with Six week Six Pack by Jillian Michael's.

Seeing some wrinkly skin on the thighs, hoping workouts and time will smooth things out.

Trina M 02-19-2013 07:21 AM

Good morning everyone. Well had a busy weekend getting ready for our holiday. I only have to clean a couple things before we leave. I got all our filing done (the job that always waits for me) and coked some meals for my son to take back to lethbridge with him.

I don't go for my WI this week because we leave Thursday before they open but will WI the week after we are back. Can't wait to get away. Have a great day!

cass2ander 02-19-2013 07:40 AM

I'm back

Feel off the wagon.... But starting day two 100% op mentality! :D

lovetorun3 02-19-2013 07:57 AM

Joined group today

Good Morning! I just joined the group this morning! I've been on the program for 3 weeks ~ WI tonight :D
So far, I've lost 8.4lbs and have found the plan pretty easy to follow & I've learned a lot from reading all of your posts ;)
The biggest question that I've had is whether or not I can run while on program. I've read a lot of the starter info on the site but can't really find much regarding running. (or really find the answer that I want to hear ~ "yes, you can still run, just have a banana before you go out" haha! I registered for 2 half marathons in March & would really love to be able to do them while on the program.
My coach said that he ran a half marathon while on Phase 1 & just had an extra packet on the days that he trained. He said that he used "gu" during the race. I don't seem to have enough energy to get out there and run on Phase 1.
Any suggestions?

bubbleblower 02-19-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonyainva (Post 4638081)

Seeing some wrinkly skin on the thighs, hoping workouts and time will smooth things out.

I had the same thing in various places but my skin seems to be tightening up. I think sometimes it just takes awhile to catch up - especially as we get older!

I'm on day 10 at our home away from home and am down 1.7 pounds in the last week. I peeked at the scale yesterday and was thrilled with the 138.5 I saw but knew it might not hold for today's "official" WI ... Well, it did, along with another .3 of a pound! :carrot: It seems that I have to work hard for every ounce, but it is so worth it. I'm glad that I stay OP since it helps me to know that the weight eventually will come off as long as I keep doing what I'm doing. There are lots of healthy food options here, but also lots of unhealthy ones. My BIL seems to be trying to set a record for how much unhealthy stuff he can eat! I've offered to let him use my scale while he's here but he's declined. I'd hate to be in his position when he finally goes home and goes in for his doctor's appointment. He's paid a lot of money to drop 45 pounds recently, and has completely gone off program for vacation (LOTS of beer, wine, rum, mixed drinks (I was *shocked* at the carbs in a mojito!!), fried foods, breads, desserts, and just sheer quantities of anything and everything). I don't understand it but just keep my mouth shut. On the other hand, everyone else teases me unmercifully when I order my food at restaurants ("She'll have a salad with no croutons, no dressing, no tomatoes, no cheese, no carrots ... Oh, and no lettuce!") Whatever. I'm doing this for me, not for them.

Seas are still kicking up today so we're out of the water until tomorrow but we'll be diving tomorrow. Hope you all have a great day today!!

ragdoll74 02-19-2013 08:26 AM

Soooo close to goal Bubbleblower!!!! You're doing great, so don't let those comments get to you.

Everytime I eat lunch with my boss he tells me to enjoy my bowl of lettuce.:( I just smile and say thank you. Jokes on him though because I keep losing and he looks like he has regained the weight he lost last spring/summer.

meinvt 02-19-2013 08:31 AM

I'm Hungry

Wow, sounds like a beautiful vacation! That BIL of yours might be helping to keep you on track. Witnessing all that backslide should make you feel really proud of your choices . . . but make sure there is lettuce in that salad :lol:

I woke up starving today!! what's the best go-to breakfast for those hungry days? BTW - I had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 7pounds - mostly water , I know, but I'm happy!

SylviesGirl 02-19-2013 10:05 AM

Today is day 7 of week 1 -- yipppeeee! I feel better in my clothes AND in my mood! That is already worth it, but I can't deny I am excited to weigh in tomorrow. I need to work on managing my expectations, though, as in the past a disappointing weigh in knocks me for a loop.

meint -- Wishing you success with your "starving morning." Those are hard. I am so new, I am still just doing shakes and vitamins (which, btw, the vitamins are filling by the time I swallow all the water I need with them! I have a hard time with the multivit, yikes!)

ragdoll74 -- You know your boss is just jealous and is probably kicking himself inside for not doing the same. Good outlook you have.

bubbleblower -- You just hold your head up high and order the salad just the way you want it. Think of how cute Meg Ryan looked doing it in When Harry Met Sally. ;)

lovetorun3 -- Welcome! I've been around here about a week. No idea what to tell you about running, but I say "more power to you" for even feeling like you want to find a way! I know they say no activity in Phase 1, though . . . I'm sure the much-more experienced people will have insight.

cass2ander -- Welcome back atop the wagon! The view is much better from here. ;)

Trina -- Have a great holiday!

sonyainva -- Wrinkly skin beats dimpley-jiggly skin! (Which is what mine all is at this early stage), so congrats! I bet it will smooth out.

Wishing everyone a good day! :carrot:

pocahontas812 02-19-2013 10:09 AM

Good morning everyone, and hello 140's!! It's been so long since I've seen you I wasn't sure if it was really you.....but 4 days in a row you've been there in my scale....:cheer2:

ladylunk 02-19-2013 10:21 AM

Good morning.
Bubbleblower - great job on vacation. Sounds like you are not tempted in the least!
Welcome to newbie.
Congrats to those close to goal a few already this morning

I had a question / looking for comments last night after ultramommy asked about her meat and didn't get response so thought I would try pasting it again here. Maybe a little too late for the east coasters....Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commenting about the meat question with a question of my own. I am pretty sure the consensus on here is to weigh meat raw. First question about that is my coach told my friend to weigh after cooked because of all the water in raw meat. Comments?

Now I do weigh out some raw, but doing stew type dishes or roasts for a family many times I weigh cooked as impossible to weigh first. Comments or experience on this? There is no way I am going to hack off a chunk of pork tenderloin and hope it's the right weight and wreck the roasting of the whole piece......

lcheech 02-19-2013 10:23 AM

Week #3 WI Results:

down another 5 lbs, and 6 inches!!!
I feel so good and excited that I finally found a program that works for me :)

Fabulousatfifty 02-19-2013 10:26 AM

Good Morning,

As a newbie, I must say that looking at your lovely pictures and your motivational stories helps me to visualize what can be - this is a great site!
Today is day 16 and I am doing very well, however really trying to stay away from social invites - right now at least. Have a birthday party I have to go to and will order protein, veg and bring my WF dressings and have tea. Will probably have water with a lemon for my "cocktail" - that is the hardest part!

Week #1: -6#, Week #2: -3#, Week #3 weigh in this THursday! One small accomplishement - I got back into my fat jeans that I couldn't wear before IP!

Can't wait to get my counter - they look so fun!

Thanks to all of you for your insight and experience!:)

Fabulousatfifty 02-19-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcheech (Post 4638282)
Week #3 WI Results:

down another 5 lbs, and 6 inches!!!
I feel so good and excited that I finally found a program that works for me :)

Wow! 15 in three weeks - that is terrific! Keep up the great work - I am just starting week three also!

Fabulousatfifty 02-19-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladylunk (Post 4638279)
Good morning.
Bubbleblower - great job on vacation. Sounds like you are not tempted in the least!
Welcome to newbie.
Congrats to those close to goal a few already this morning

I had a question / looking for comments last night after ultramommy asked about her meat and didn't get response so thought I would try pasting it again here. Maybe a little too late for the east coasters....Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commenting about the meat question with a question of my own. I am pretty sure the consensus on here is to weigh meat raw. First question about that is my coach told my friend to weigh after cooked because of all the water in raw meat. Comments?

Now I do weigh out some raw, but doing stew type dishes or roasts for a family many times I weigh cooked as impossible to weigh first. Comments or experience on this? There is no way I am going to hack off a chunk of pork tenderloin and hope it's the right weight and wreck the roasting of the whole piece......

Great question - I just asked my coach last week this same questions and she said weigh everything cooked and measure veg cooked....so I have been!