3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Pregnant? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/275948-pregnant.html)

Mandi85 02-18-2013 11:03 AM

Pregnant?

Ok for the record I am not pregnant, but we want to start a family soon. I need some info. Can I stay on the diet untill I find out I am pregnant and then phase off - or should I phase off before I get preggers?

scorbett1103 02-18-2013 11:09 AM

If you were to get pregnant while on IP you would have to immediately jump to P3 for 2 weeks then go into maintenance. There's no harm for people who are in Phase 1 and then end up finding out they got pregnant - but if it were me and I was actually trying to get pregnant, I would try something a little more nutritionally rounded like Weight Watchers until I got prego. JMO.

EPAPRN 02-18-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandi85 (Post 4637202)
Ok for the record I am not pregnant, but we want to start a family soon. I need some info. Can I stay on the diet untill I find out I am pregnant and then phase off - or should I phase off before I get preggers?

I just found out last week that I am preggo. I started IP in July looking to lose about 30 lbs and then we would start trying. It took longer than we thought, but i did not phase off while trying, and i ended up losing 62lbs - 10 from my goal before getting pg.

Once i found i was - and it is very early, i did not yet miss a period when i found out- i went to P2 for 2 days, then to P3 for 3 days, then to maintainence. The whole time on P1 i took a prenantal MVI for my second MVI of the day. As soon as i moved to P2 i stopped all IP supplements except for the cal/mag - i take 2 of those daily at dinner as my prenatal does not have calcium.

I plan to follow maintenance with additional dairy servings and protein for snacks in between. MaintInance is a very healthy way of eating while pregnant but I need to make sure I am getting enough dairy.

Mandi85 02-18-2013 01:56 PM

First off Congrats!!!! How exciting! What does MVI stand for?

EPAPRN 02-18-2013 03:29 PM

Thanks! MVI= multivitamin

LizRR 02-18-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandi85 (Post 4637202)

I am almost 12-weeks pregnant now, but we waited until I was at goal and 3 months into maintenance to start trying (and were successful our first try). My coach knew we wanted to start a family and said IF I were to get pg during Phase 1 to do an immediate 2-week Phase 3 phase off. She also had me take a prenatal in lieu of the IP vitamins throughout Phase 1 after discussing it with my Dr (her clinic is run out of her office)

IP43 02-18-2013 09:51 PM

All this talk of babies! Soooo exciting!! I had so much trouble TRYING to get pregnant that I personally couldn't put my weight loss on hold. You'll be doing pregnancy tests etc all the way along so you'll know when you need to switch phases. Losing weight can't do anything but be better for you. And, other than the dairy, you're eating lots of veg and low fat meat. I can't see why it would be a problem. Switch to decaf, and take some pre-natal vitamins, and talk to your doctor. If you show your food journal and take in the vitamins, they'll know what is best for you. My dr. said this diet has too much calcium in it for his liking but that was the only concern. All else got the thumbs up (but I'm not trying to get pregnant)

LadyBug315 11-06-2013 09:00 AM

Bump
I'm almost six weeks along - surprise IP baby (NOT trying). My coach told me to follow the two week P2, followed by two week P3 phase off before maintenance. The problem is, I'm one week into P2, and I've already been hit with morning sickness (I had severe hyperemesis with my first pregnancy, requiring IV antinausea medications until 28 weeks). I haven't been able to eat much OTHER than the IP packets - protein is out of the question as pretty much the smell of cooking meat turns my stomach.
Any advice? I see my coach today and am going to speak with him. I know at this point I am not getting enough calories, but I simply am unable to meet the protein requirements. :-(