Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 09:39 AM   #1  

Default IP Community (long) Weekend Chat Sat 1/17 - Mon 1/19/2015

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-17-2015, 09:55 AM   #2  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Help - how much spice in Sweet Fauxtato Pie?

I don't find a measure for how much pumpkin pie spice goes into the sweet fauxtato pie.... HELP! My rutabagas are roasted and I am putting it together this morning.., but how much spice to add is a mystery!!

The Pumpkin Pie recipe on the McCormick can of spice calls for one tablespoon.... I guess I will try that, if I don't here from you guys who have made this recipe repeatedly and know how much creates a really good flavored custard....
Old 01-17-2015, 10:05 AM   #3  
oneuh2

Quote:
Loser58: Thanks for the responses. I have had episodes of depression in the past, but what I am experiencing now feels more like the anxiety I had when I was doing fertility treatments and my hormones were completely out of whack. I will look into the serotonin link too. I have an appointment for Monday, if I learn anything about the food/diet connection, I will pass it along.
Glad you are seeing the doctor Monday -- I tackle low grade depression pretty regularly. I have never done any medication for it, but I certainly can appreciate that experience of misery. Hang in there -- you have lots of moral support here at 3FC IP.

This will sound juvenile, but pending getting in to the doc, how about treating yourself to a massage? Or maybe a good pedicure? Something luxurious that will feed your soul without food... you have worked so hard on your IP program - you deserve something that's just for you!
Old 01-17-2015, 10:36 AM   #4  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I don't find a measure for how much pumpkin pie spice goes into the sweet fauxtato pie.... HELP! My rutabagas are roasted and I am putting it together this morning.., but how much spice to add is a mystery!!

The Pumpkin Pie recipe on the McCormick can of spice calls for one tablespoon.... I guess I will try that, if I don't here from you guys who have made this recipe repeatedly and know how much creates a really good flavored custard....
I have not made this, but plan to. Sounds like you're in a pinch...

I would do it by taste. Put in half of what you think you need, taste, and adjust. Everyone's preferences are different anyhow, so even if you had the amount from the recipe, it might not exactly suit you.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:54 AM   #5  
IP Start Date Jan 5, 2015

S/C/G: 229/204/165

Height: 5'7"

Arrgghhh! So frustrated! I burned TWO, not one but TWO pancakes this morning attempting to make my breakfast! Ughhhh! lol!

Luckily the third one turned out perfectly. Topped it with WF choc peanut spread, rolled it up like a crepe then poured some WF strawberry syrup over it and YUM!

Disappointed about 2 wasted packets though.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:48 AM   #6  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
I have not made this, but plan to. Sounds like you're in a pinch...

I would do it by taste. Put in half of what you think you need, taste, and adjust. Everyone's preferences are different anyhow, so even if you had the amount from the recipe, it might not exactly suit you.
Well the custard ramekins are in the oven right now - I used 1 Tblsp since that was a good indicator from the pumpkin spice tin recipe and the taste seemed ok to me.... I think I might have been able to give it more, but we'll see how it tastes this time, and see what kind of feedback I might get from here on the forum. Then I will annotate my copy of the recipe for next time I make it!
Old 01-17-2015, 01:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Camping with friends and family this weekend. Staying OP no problem. Funny, camping in IP used to be stressful before. Guess I got used to skipping all the junk food and alcohol...although a drink would have been nice on a chilly evening like last night.

Since everyone was sleeping in this morning, I got up and went a couple garage sales. Found 2 FREE bottles of WF ketchup and BBQ sauce from someone who was "going to try a diet but changed her mind." Normally I wouldn't buy/take food from a stranger but they were sealed with an expiration date a good bit out. Didn't ask but wondered if she was talking about IP.

Also found a new salad spinner for $.25. Hoping that will speed up my salad prep.

Have a great weekend!!
Old 01-17-2015, 01:54 PM   #8  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Camping with friends and family this weekend. Staying OP no problem. Funny, camping in IP used to be stressful before. Guess I got used to skipping all the junk food and alcohol...although a drink would have been nice on a chilly evening like last night.

Since everyone was sleeping in this morning, I got up and went a couple garage sales. Found 2 FREE bottles of WF ketchup and BBQ sauce from someone who was "going to try a diet but changed her mind." Normally I wouldn't buy/take food from a stranger but they were sealed with an expiration date a good bit out. Didn't ask but wondered if she was talking about IP.

Also found a new salad spinner for $.25. Hoping that will speed up my salad prep.

Have a great weekend!!
Hello fellow Texan! I LOVE the Hill Country! We camp, too, so I wanted to ask what advice you might have food wise for camping trips, if you don't mind! It's usually just me and the hubbie but sometimes the son and his wife will join us. I'm new to the IP diet but am open to alternative products.

Sounds like you hit some good garage sales! I use to enjoy them but found myself buying stuff I didn't need and then I would have to have my own sale to get rid of it all!

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-17-2015, 05:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Frawniemae! Love to meet a fellow camper. I usually grill turkey burgers or Applegate organic turkey hotdogs (all without the bun). This weekend we are close to home for kids sports so I premade venison chili. Guy Fieri has a Dragon's Breath chili recipe that I tweak (aka: wimpy dragon's breath), eliminating/substituting non-OP items and using reduced amounts of the spices he calls for. Then I'll throw in chopped up veggies. Yesterday was chopped mushrooms, chard, green onions and zucchini.

I use all IP products so snacks are covered.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:32 PM   #10  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Hi all, I'm 5 days into Phase 2 and so far so good. I need to do better planning with the extra protein at lunch..probably not quite eating 8 oz. I do miss the IP bar as a snack. Looks like I'm still losing on P2. I'm down at least another lb. ideally I'd enter p4 at 170; gain 5 back from the carb intro and end up at 175 with 180 being my redline/scream weight. But it will be what it will be!
Old 01-17-2015, 06:47 PM   #11  
maintaining since 9/2013

Congratulations, Rayze!
Old 01-17-2015, 06:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda.lou View Post
Arrgghhh! So frustrated! I burned TWO, not one but TWO pancakes this morning attempting to make my breakfast! Ughhhh! lol!

Luckily the third one turned out perfectly. Topped it with WF choc peanut spread, rolled it up like a crepe then poured some WF strawberry syrup over it and YUM!

I don't know why, but I've burned a few pancakes too! It hurts a little more when you take the cost of them into account doesn't it! Glad you were able to enjoy one in the end

I have been eating the same food everyday for a while now and decided to switch things up. I bought a box of the pasta, cooked it all up and made three packs into a salad with broccoli and cauliflower and for the remaining four I have a vegetable marinara sauce simmering on the stove. It has tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers, I am hoping it freezes well (and tastes good)!

I hope everyone is having a great OP weekend!

Last edited by DeterminedDieter; 01-17-2015 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Added content instead of making new post.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,
Had a tough day baking IP zucchini muffins and IP cookies...usually I bake well but did something wrong twice today.

The most perplexing is the IP cookies. I tried to make Lisa's recipe using Quest PB protein powder. They came out like light brown cardboard...did I put in too much egg white from the carton? Is there a trick to making them?

Thanks for any advice.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:28 PM   #14  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda.lou View Post

I had a lot of disasters using the vanilla drink as pancake mix (although the wildberry yoghurt comes out perfect every time - go figure!). In the end the outside was almost crispy but the inside wouldn't cook. I ended up scrambling it like eggs - tasted great but looked a mess.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:12 PM   #15  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Congratulations on phase 2 rayze!
Closed Thread