IP Daily Chat Wednesday 2/13/2013

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: Quick question. I tried looking for the answer in past threads but couldn't find anything. Does the alternative lemonade taste the same as the IP Lemonade you purchase at your clinic?? I buy my stuff in a clinic but online is cheaper. Just wondering if anyone have tried both?? Thank!
    The ProtiDiet Pink Lemonade tastes just like the IP Pink Lemonade. I bought the jug of it (even less expensive!)
    I use the IP packets for travel and the scoop out of the jug at home
  • TOUGH LOVE HERE TRUST THE PROGRAM! Lisa and I have been on this program for many months and it WORKS! You must follow the phase 1 sheet exactly. Altering it means you are not on program. You have 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted every day. Our bodies are magnificent machines. The body will balance itself when it doesn't get enough fuel (food) so when you go below what you should eat you wont lose. Some of us gain. It happens!!! If you follow the program it works! There is a ton of research in this program so google and read about it. It is not the latest fad diet.
    I never thought I would be where I was when I started. I am no longer considered obese! me?? yup. I surprised myself. I am 4 lbs from ONEDERLAND and I will make it hopefully by the end fo this month but if not, whenever I get there.
    SO ONE MORE TIME! TRUST THE PROGRAM! IT WORKS IF YOU WORK IT!!!
    lisa Wuv would be so proud of me!!!
  • Good evening everyone! This is my first week on the IP plan and I am in Day 5 now. The first 3 days were horrid, but I am so happy I pushed through it. I have been reading through this forum for the past few weeks in preparation as I do not have a coach and will be doing this on my own. I believe this forum will be key to helping me stay on plan. Thank you so much for all of the helpful advice so many of you have posted. One question I have for you all is about measuring the veggies. Do you use a regular measuring cup to figure your 2 cups or use a scale and go by ounces?
  • Quote: Good evening everyone! This is my first week on the IP plan and I am in Day 5 now. The first 3 days were horrid, but I am so happy I pushed through it. I have been reading through this forum for the past few weeks in preparation as I do not have a coach and will be doing this on my own. I believe this forum will be key to helping me stay on plan. Thank you so much for all of the helpful advice so many of you have posted. One question I have for you all is about measuring the veggies. Do you use a regular measuring cup to figure your 2 cups or use a scale and go by ounces?
    Great attitude! I measure using a measuring cup for my veggies. Also, measure raw not cooked. Have you tried rutabaga fries yet? Unbelievably delicious! Never thought that I would love rutabagas!!
  • Quote: Hey Ladies!

I'm new to all this (started IP two weeks ago). My first WI was last week and I lost 7 lbs! Needless to say... I was shocked. I trained for a 5K in the fall for two months and only lost about 5.

Today was my second WI and I lost 2 lbs. The inches keep coming off so I'm not totally discouraged. Is it common to have a lower amount of weight loss following a week with a higher than usual number? I feel like yes but wanted to see what everyone's experience had been.

Thanks! you guys are awesome
    This is totally normal. The first week is usually always your biggest loss because you are losing a lot of water. I lost 6.4 my first week, 2.6 my second, then 3.8 my third. Since then I've lost anywhere from 0.4 to 4 lbs each week.

Do not get discouraged! You've lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks which is amazing, and you are losing inches!
  • Quote: I have question.Is sausage allowed?It wasn't on the list of meats I was given.
    Sausage is not on the phase 1 sheet, therefore it is not allowed. Sausage is too high in fat in relation to the amount of protein and has a lot of fillers that are not allowed on IP. They are also generally quite high in sodium.
  • Ninjanurse I think ur right!! we must be sisters somehow!!!
  • Quote: I can't believe how much my energy has increased! It almost makes me feel antsy. The only down side is my DVR is filling up because I used to spend every evening laying on the couch watching tv and now I just can't do it. I watch maybe one show and then have the urge to get up and get something done. Sure helps with things that need done around the house! I was sooo excited this morning because my BMI on my weight tracker now shows "overweight" not "obese"!!
    Congrats! Me too, me too! It happened at last nights WI. Great feeling.
  • Good evening everyone, congrats on the losses and NSV's.

WI on Tuesday -4lbs making a grand total of 26lbs gone in 5 weeks!
  • I just tried the cauliflower fried rice. Surprisingly good! I dislike the smell of cooking cauliflower but the taste and texture were very good!
  • Quote: Good Morning. I am a newbie to IP (on day 13) and am down 8 lbs! I am finding the most difficult time during the day for me and hunger is between breakfast and lunch time. I drink copious amounts of water during this time, but struggle with hunger each day. I typically have a chocolate or cappuccino drink for breakfast, but am wondering if I should switch it up a bit. Any tips would be great welcomed. Thanks in advance!
    I had the same issues when I first started (will be finishing up week 5) and I also have a cappuccino most every morning (have you tried making your cappuccino with coffee instead of required water? awesome!). I found that using one of the crystal light packs that we are allowed in my water when struggling with hunger, got me over it. Don't know if it was the sweetness that made my mind think I had fed my stomach, but for me it worked.
  • Quote: I just tried the cauliflower fried rice. Surprisingly good! I dislike the smell of cooking cauliflower but the taste and texture were very good!
    I agree about the smell, but I LOVE mashed and roasted cauliflower. I go through a couple of heads a week!!

Have you tried it roasted?? It's addicting. My 4yr old loves it too!!
  • Quote: I agree about the smell, but I LOVE mashed and roasted cauliflower. I go through a couple of heads a week!!

Have you tried it roasted?? It's addicting. My 4yr old loves it too!!
    Haven't tried it roasted yet. Do you put any seasonings on it? I've been trying a few things in the last two weeks that I never thoughti would... Crazy!
  • Quote: Haven't tried it roasted yet. Do you put any seasonings on it? I've been trying a few things in the last two weeks that I never thoughti would... Crazy!
    Whatever you like that you can have OP. I have used curry power, hot sauce. Even just salt and pepper is fine because it has such a nice, nutty like flavor when it's roasted.
  • Now I want to try Cauliflower roasted! I love it steamed, and mashed. I need to try it as rice, but haven't yet. Such a versatile veggie!!